BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-23-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
The_Reaper
Enlisted Member
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 08 IB M3, 07 BLK 650i & CLS500

Stock navigation updates

as far as navigation its well a 2008, so i know on newer models on most cars the navigation is either red orange or green on roads and highways. Well the navigation in my car you can access it and click and it will tell you the traffic conditions like I5 South Bound has construction 2 lanes closed which is current but on the map it self its very rare to have anything on it. If anything it might have a couple dots or and X on the road if its closed but that happens very rarely and i don't know what options and buttons control it. i would love for the stock navigation to be able to show green, orange, and red.

Anyone have any answers
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 06:28 PM   #2
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

For the CCC, the latest update for Maps you can get is 2015, as per the whole colour thing you can't get it by updating your current iDrive. You'd have to fit in an aftermarket unit with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay and use Google Maps for real time traffic data.
      01-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #3
The_Reaper
Enlisted Member
Ukraine
Rep

K, tks for quick answer
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 11:22 PM   #4
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

You can also do a CCC to CIC retrofit, anywheres from $700 up to 2100. If I had money to burn Id do it but Im CCC with bluetooth doggle for my phone to play music. Android is an option however you'll sacrifice audio....
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 01:30 AM   #5
The_Reaper
Enlisted Member
Ukraine
Rep

What do you mean i'll sacrifice audio?

So does the retrofit kit do so it goes off the phone for and looks like google maps?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #6
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper View Post

So does the retrofit kit do so it goes off the phone for and looks like google maps?
Android setups use AUDOP through the Android system via AUX, definitive decay in audio quality, enough for me to not go that route.

Last edited by InnerBlueSkies; 01-30-2019 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #7
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper View Post

This review sealed the deal to stay CCC

So I've had this installed for about a week now. Ill be pulling it apart again to install the backup cam i ordered after the fact to finish the install video. Ill prolly do a review video as well. It looks amazing.

Couple of issues I've noticed so far:
1. Audio quality from streaming over bluetooth sounds terrible vs stock. I got around this by installing spotify directly to the device and running it from the unit itself using my phone as a wifi hotspot.
2. The guide thats included to cut the dash doesn't leave much room for error. I have a small spot on the bottom left that is cut further down then the units trim covers.
3. I dont think the dimming function is working, if there is one. Seems like I have to adjust the brightness of the display frequently
4. The idrive controller they included feels somewhat cheap. It actually does work very well in their system. Only issue is it doesn't work at all on the android side for scrolling so you have to use the touchscreen.
5. Audio quality is not as good as stock
6. The screen mirroring for android is slow and it cuts about an inch off of the screen on both sides.
7. Unable to install android auto without their cable
8. Cannot install jb4 to device due to older bluetooth chip in device
9. SD card spot is a terrible location and hard to get to

The good things though are:
1. The display looks beautiful
2. Looks great in the car
3. You can install any android app that supports android 4.4.4 directly to the device
4. Touch screen is extremely responsive.
5. Haven't had any issues in terms of freezing and such.
6. Frequent updates from avinusa (must email them directly to get them, im assuming to avoid clones like the one posted above from stealing their software)
7. Boot time is only about 10 seconds
8. Several different skins for the device to change the looks
9. Able to play music from sd card or usb device.
10. Their support has been very responsive. Typically get a reply in a few hours around 24 hours at the most.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...1424151&page=3
Appreciate 0