BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-10-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Interstate Vehicle Shipping to PNW

Anyone know a cheap shipping company? Looking to ship a vehicle from Texas to Seattle. Apparently they're aren't any normal routes to the PNW which seems to translate to roughly twice the price of shipping anywhere else.

E.g. Texas to San Diego is less than half the price to Seattle even though the distance is almost the same.

So far UShip has been no help either.
      04-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #2
mmbv1000
Banned
Rep
Drives: G35 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Anyone know a cheap shipping company? Looking to ship a vehicle from Texas to Seattle. Apparently they're aren't any normal routes to the PNW which seems to translate to roughly twice the price of shipping anywhere else.

E.g. Texas to San Diego is less than half the price to Seattle even though the distance is almost the same.

Contact Lisa at Interbay Transport Logistics (ITL). I tried to go with a reputable transport (Intercity Lines) but after 2 months of waiting they couldn't fill a truck to the PNW and gave me my money back. My understanding is that all the well-known companies own their trucks for QC but only hit major shipping lines so chances of getting them to come up here is low. ITL doesnt own their trucks, but they've vetted and continue to use the same truck owners. They were on time and super responsive. The driver that delivered my car (from Chicago) was super paranoid about any scratches/blemishes and made me facetime to look at the car before he put it on the truck. From there, ITL was updating me on progress all the way through. Can't say enough about them!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 11:30 PM   #3
astris
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post

Contact Lisa at Interbay Transport Logistics (ITL). I tried to go with a reputable transport (Intercity Lines) but after 2 months of waiting they couldn't fill a truck to the PNW and gave me my money back. My understanding is that all the well-known companies own their trucks for QC but only hit major shipping lines so chances of getting them to come up here is low. ITL doesnt own their trucks, but they've vetted and continue to use the same truck owners. They were on time and super responsive. The driver that delivered my car (from Chicago) was super paranoid about any scratches/blemishes and made me facetime to look at the car before he put it on the truck. From there, ITL was updating me on progress all the way through. Can't say enough about them!
Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely check Interbay.

Yeah Intercity just said no. They won't even do pnw.
      04-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
.Lindsay.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 vert, B5 S4

I shipped my car from Florida to Seattle when I bought it and can tell you who to NOT use - Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS). They are anything but dependable.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 06:43 PM   #5
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

I had my car shipped from LA a couple months ago, and used The Car Carriage. I tried really hard to not use a dispatch service, but it was really hard for me not to. I've had the shittiest experience using uShip, and vowed to never ship again. Long story.

My friend used The Car Carriage to ship his Evo from Texas and recommended I try them. I contacted them and they were able to get back to me rather quickly. Stayed in constant contact as I was still working things out with the seller. They were able to get me the car in about 4-5 days (delayed because it was snowing in Feb)

I paid about $950 for LA - Auburn. Texas will prob be 1.2.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #6
Seattle M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 Comp Pack

PlyCar Vanlines or Reliable(Orange) trucks. I have used both many times. Comparable service and rates. They have trucks coming to the PNW often, I think weekly if I’m not mistaken.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
95AWM3
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

I used Plycar when I shipped my E90 from PA to Tacoma. It was costly, but they insured the whole value of the vehicle, and it was fully enclosed. If I remember right they picked it up about November 28th and it got here December 16th. Well worth the price and wait to not have the added miles and possible road hazard/damage.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #8
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95AWM3 View Post
I used Plycar when I shipped my E90 from PA to Tacoma. It was costly, but they insured the whole value of the vehicle, and it was fully enclosed. If I remember right they picked it up about November 28th and it got here December 16th. Well worth the price and wait to not have the added miles and possible road hazard/damage.
I should have done enclosed.

Mine was shipped open transport from Cincinnati to Seattle, and the car was a disaster when it showed up here. All the expected dirt but some fluid of some kind splattered all over the back end - not sure if it was from another car on the transport or something the transport drove through but a total PITA to remove. Car required an extensive detail up arrival.

So yah, enclosed transport
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #9
astris
Major
Rep

I ended up going with ITL. Overall pretty solid experience. They were also the second cheapest. Vehicle arrived 2 full days earlier than their earliest estimate, which was a nice surprise.

There was one issue. The car was delivered with only one of the two keys. Contacted ITL and they talked to the long haul truck company that did the first leg of the transport. They found it in the glove box and mailed it overnight. Problem solved.
      05-15-2018, 11:48 PM   #10
SickJames10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I just got my car shipped from Texas to Washington. I paid $1380. Car got picked up a Thursday and got to Washington on a Saturday but didn't pick up my car until the following Monday. I went with AmeriFreight and it wasn't that bad at all. They answered all my questions and kept me updated.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 10:50 PM   #11
astris
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickJames10 View Post
I just got my car shipped from Texas to Washington. I paid $1380. Car got picked up a Thursday and got to Washington on a Saturday but didn't pick up my car until the following Monday. I went with AmeriFreight and it wasn't that bad at all. They answered all my questions and kept me updated.
That's quick! I paid a little less, but it took a couple days longer.