BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

12-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Used M3 The Luxury Haus Leonia NJ

In the market from a used M3, I saw The Luxury Haus in leonia NJ has several nice looking m3s and reasonably priced as well. However the reviews seem to point that they use the low online price to lure customers and then tack on $5k worth of fees. I'm located in MD and I would hate to waste a trip so if anyone has any input regarding this place and their cars. Also who would be a good place to ask to perform a PPI in the NJ area?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
AbuArije5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Non

never herd of them can you post a link online of the ad
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
Flamesofgold
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

I went there the sales men seem shady. I can help u check out if u want. But I didn't like the overall vibe when I was there.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

http://www.theluxuryhaus.com/web/use...onia/16451418/
This was the one I was looking at. Apparently another customer had put a deposit on it and had someone go inspect it. I had asked them to call me if the deal didn't go through. He called me today saying he couldn't get in touch with the other buyer so it was first come first serve.

He was also telling me how theres at least $3k worth of additional fees added to the price. Also if I was not financing through them he can't give me the internet sales price and he would also have to increase the price for cash payment. Anyways they've gotten some pretty terrible reviews and I'm already getting a terrible vibe, but they do have the m3 in the exact configuration that I want.

I've been having pretty bad luck so far in my search. I found out the m3 I was looking at and considering just had an engine replaced for rod bearing failure.

Last edited by TheLegend; 12-30-2014 at 07:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 AW E9X M

About the car with the engine replaced...was it at a dealer? If so why didnt you take it if the engine was replaced? That isnt necessarily a bad thing, in my eyes its a low mileage engine. I'm assuming the engine was NEW from Germany?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #6
gforce6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

They are just around corner to my house. They do have some nice looking inventory not only M3 but also other exotic cars in stock. Always passing by but never had a chance to get in to their lot.

Let me know if you need me to look for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierlevelz View Post
About the car with the engine replaced...was it at a dealer? If so why didnt you take it if the engine was replaced? That isnt necessarily a bad thing, in my eyes its a low mileage engine. I'm assuming the engine was NEW from Germany?
Replaced at a dealer yes. In my opinion even if it's a new engine things are never going to be the same. Besides I got multiple red flags when I was checking out the car. I got the impression that it wasn't taken care of in general. Exhaust tips were extremely dirty, salesmen said the owner put 1 qt of oil every 2 weeks, coolant was low, missing 1200 mile service. Enough to make me want to run far far away.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 03:33 AM   #8
delusional
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3

I was looking at a few M3's from them last year but their reviews turned me away. Too many negative reviews regarding same thing.
      12-31-2014, 07:03 AM   #9
SeaGuant
Rep
Drives: e92 BMW M3

I've been in your situation and ended up taking a 2 hour trip to this dealership. They are hands down the worst dealership I've ever been to. The hidden fees tacked on 5-6 thousand dollars extra on top of the original asking price, which included a 2 thousand dollar fee for financing with my own bank. When attempting to negotiate they tried to make it sound like they were doing me a "favor" by cutting one of the ridiculous fees in half. After a few hours of negotiating they only budged a grand off their price.

Take my advice and avoid this place completely, unless you are okay with paying a premium for your ideal car (assuming the one you are looking at is ideal)
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #10
littlebully
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red 625 ///M3 '13

worst place to purchase a vehicle. They tack on 3-5k because that is how they make there money. Almost all the cars on the lot are on a consignment setup. from other dealers. The price advertised is what the person that owns the car wants and the 3-5k is what the dealer makes to sell the car. Super shady. I rather get a certified car at a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #11
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the input, now I know to expect at least a 3-5k fee on top of the list price. It's very unfortunate because they do have the exact car I want.

Did you guys notice anything shady with the vehicles themselves?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 10:53 AM   #12
Fons15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

They have several locations in the area. I stopped by their lot off Rt 46 and got that bad vibe as well when shopping for mine. They wanted me to look at an Audi S5 and the interior was dirty, minor scuffs and scratches on the paint and the little things really made me walk away. Cars look great as you drive by, closer inspection reveals things way much different.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I usually drive around the area, and always pass by that dealer

In fact, yesterday I saw 4 M3s in the lot (their lot is pretty small, but the dealer is right on the intersection of a major road that leads to I-95, NJ turnpike and I-80)
And I also saw the one you were interested in (The white coupe with ZCP rims)

They seem the know the "fun" cars they deal with, for the past 5 yrs or so I constantly saw major performance cars there. Although they are private dealer, they always have a handful of M3s, 911s, GTRs, Range Rovers...ALWAYS...lol

but I've heard mixed reviews about them as well, there's a couple car body shops around the area (Fort Lee, Palisades Park), I don't know if you wanna bring the car to a BMW dealer, but you can probably bring the car to a local BMW performance shops to have it checked out (there's Auto Couture and some other shops local) since they are very familiar with M3s inside and out

Car on the outside looked legit to me, waiting for a good owner...
gluck!
      12-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Replaced at a dealer yes. In my opinion even if it's a new engine things are never going to be the same. Besides I got multiple red flags when I was checking out the car. I got the impression that it wasn't taken care of in general. Exhaust tips were extremely dirty, salesmen said the owner put 1 qt of oil every 2 weeks, coolant was low, missing 1200 mile service. Enough to make me want to run far far away.
Can you explain more on why the car not be the same if it was replaced by dealership? In what terms, the car wont be the same? Car didn't have any accident so driving characteristic wont change
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:01 AM   #15
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback. So you recommend Auto Couture to do a PPI with?

@ Bimmer-M3 - Car drove just fine when I test drove it, but that's not what I'm getting at. Are you saying you have zero hesitation spending 40k+ on a bmw m3 that has a history of a replaced engine, missing 1200 mile maintenance, previously modded, potential shady owner who may have taken poor care of the car? I seriously doubt owner properly broke in the new engine, because the coolant was extremely low when I checked it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 06:07 AM   #16
BobS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

I would recommend AutoCouture for the PPI, they did mine on the used M3 I bought.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 08:56 AM   #17
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Thanks guys appreciate the feedback. So you recommend Auto Couture to do a PPI with?

@ Bimmer-M3 - Car drove just fine when I test drove it, but that's not what I'm getting at. Are you saying you have zero hesitation spending 40k+ on a bmw m3 that has a history of a replaced engine, missing 1200 mile maintenance, previously modded, potential shady owner who may have taken poor care of the car? I seriously doubt owner properly broke in the new engine, because the coolant was extremely low when I checked it.
To be honest, I am currently looking at a car that is in this situation. The car drove just fine and its engine was replaced due to rod bearing failure. I am just saying if the engine was changed, what else would you worry about in the car? Even if the car was poorly driven. I thought the most important and most expensive on the car is the engine.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #18
apollo322
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1999 M coupe, 2003.5 M3

Hey I live a few hours away from them and I also cannot help but notice the volume of nice M3's they get through there. I think if you know going in what they are going to add and negotiate accordingly it may be possible to get an "ok" buy, but clearly they aren't built for making a great deal for the customer. Just negotiate with them with the fees spelled out and see where it goes, I will say they are upfront about them on the phone or email.
They have a blue on fox red '11 that I love, I'm hoping someone buys it from them cant make the payments and tries to sell it on craigslist
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 11:33 AM   #19
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

I actually wouldn't mind taking the car to a dealer for a PPI unless you think It's best to let a performance shop like Auto Couture handle it. Especially since I'm interested in the maintenance records, unless auto couture can pull those. Carfax had no history of any sort of maintenance which would be a deal breaker for me. I was also going to ask BMW if I can purchase an extended warranty for it as well. Is there a particular BMW dealer you would recommend?

As long as the car is mechanically sound I wouldn't mind dealing with their hidden fees

@ bimmer-M3 It's your decision to make, but when paying 40k for a car I intend to keep for a long time with that kinda history is something I'd rather not risk. Maybe if you're getting a deal of a lifetime but the pricing for me on that particular vehicle was not attractive at all and the owner/dealer did not mention that the car's engine has been replaced. I found that information searching these boards. I don't want to deal with people like that. Car Shopping 101 know when to walk away.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #20
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

I would save yourself the hassle of a questionable car that is priced low, then they tack on fees + drama when you get there. At the end, it's probably just as much as buying from the dealer along with some unknowns you may be venturing into

go to http://enthusiastauto.com/ and take a trip to Ohio when a car you like comes along.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #21
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

unfortunately they seem to be the only ones who has the color combo and options that I want, but thanks for the heads up on that place.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 05:13 PM   #22
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
unfortunately they seem to be the only ones who has the color combo and options that I want, but thanks for the heads up on that place.
When S65 engine is replaced with like you said...a new engine,it's never a new engine but a rebuilt engine .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0