BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

06-04-2013, 03:16 AM   #1
ChubbsBmth
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport - NOW SOLD

Options - Recommendations

Looking at 2nd hand cars atm although not in a huge rush as still based in London and wont buy the car until I move back South.

Owned a 335i until recently and when I bought that I had an idea that I wanted leather, which colour etc and it had to be an m-sport, but apart from that I didnt scrutinise over the extras.

On owning that car, there were a few things I was disappointed with such as the stereo and I wished I had looked out for the stereo upgrade.

I didnt have nav and believe this is standard in M3's and one option that I did get that I enjoyed a lot in the winter was heated seats so would like them again but not a deal breaker.

Upon my m3 search, my requirements are that it has DCT but apart from that I was hoping for some pointers as to what to look out for?

What are the stereo options in an M3? On some ad's I see reference to BMW Loudspeaker system? Is this an upgrade?

Also a lot of talk re EDC, anyone able to explain this is to me?

Anything else I should look out for in ad's that is an option that you enjoy on your car?

Thanks all....
Jon
NOW SOLD - Counting down to the M3 - E92 May 07' 335i M-Sport - Sapphire Black - Manual - Black Leather Interior - Heated Seats - Bluetooth Handsfree - BMW Performance Black Grill - 19's - Saying No to the Diesel Revolution!

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #2
HOW5ER
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Im also on the hunt for an M3 mate, seems the DCT is the one to go for.....
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #3
ChubbsBmth
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOW5ER View Post
Im also on the hunt for an M3 mate, seems the DCT is the one to go for.....
Heard alot of very good things about DCT and seems to be the option to have.

I am looking forward to test driving one to make my own mind up but cant see me not liking it.

Was very disappointed with the stereo in my 335i and didnt think BMW would fit such a sub standard stereo but now I know that, I wont make the same mistake twice.

Was also surprised how many people spec'd a 335i from new without leather....obviously not issue with the m3 search.

Good luck with your search.
NOW SOLD - Counting down to the M3 - E92 May 07' 335i M-Sport - Sapphire Black - Manual - Black Leather Interior - Heated Seats - Bluetooth Handsfree - BMW Performance Black Grill - 19's - Saying No to the Diesel Revolution!

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Had 335i SE Monaco Blue Manual.
Now M3 Silverstone. Both manuals.

Besides from being M, the only difference compared to my previous 335i, heated seats, hifi audio upgrade. Other than that this one has pretty much everything like before if not more.

Only thing missing I guess is TV, DAB, reversing cameras, electric sun blinds, dimming side mirrors. Other than that, I think it has everything else.

Electronic Damping Control - EDC. Gives you options for firm or soft suspension settings and it monitors it and controls it dynamically as well.
      06-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

I think the options you should be concerned about will be dependent on how and what you plan to do with the car. If you plan to put coilovers in then you wouldn't opt for EDC. Sound system Harmon Kardon (which is 2nd from the top level) is good and I've not had a reason to complain about it.
If you are getting an E90 M3 then you may also want to think about rear folding seats which was an option for the sedan but standard on the Coupe. Think you can retro fit folding down seats on the E90 anyway from memory.

On the whole not that many crucial options that make a difference to driving enjoyment, all have the same engine and thats one of the main drawcards of the E9X M3. Either you want a DCT or 6MT (preferential), EDC or not, sound system choice (HK minimum).
      06-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
hugehead
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
Bmw individual Hi-fi system(the best), DCT, EDC, heated seats(front at least), comfort access, voice commands(if yr lazy), split folding rear seats and storage pack ,19" wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
ChubbsBmth
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugehead View Post
Bmw individual Hi-fi system(the best), DCT, EDC, heated seats(front at least), comfort access, voice commands(if yr lazy), split folding rear seats and storage pack ,19" wheels.
The individual hi-fi system would be a huge bonus if I could find a car that I was interested in that included that.

Only looking at DCT models but ideally want EDC. I think the rest I could compromise on for the right car.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
hugehead
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbsBmth View Post
The individual hi-fi system would be a huge bonus if I could find a car that I was interested in that included that.

Only looking at DCT models but ideally want EDC. I think the rest I could compromise on for the right car.
Buy mine ......it has all the above plus more options ....sry forgot i do not have the storage pack (but have the ski hatch though ! )
Appreciate 0