BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

04-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
s65m3fan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3, 2013 X5 35d

Update BMW Assist Grayed Out

My BMW Assist contract expired and didn’t realize it until I tried using it. I renewed about a month ago and it’s still not working - no traffic update, send to car, etc. I upgraded the combox long ago and the service has been working just fine.

Now, the Update BMW Assist is grayed out in the ConnectedDrive menu. Customer service says I have to take it into the dealer. Doesn’t make any sense to me. Car has been asleep plenty of times and outside enough. I thought it received a signal to let the car know the service was activated.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks
2013 Jerez Black E92 M3 DCT ZCP | PFC Z54/Z45 BBK | MCS 2-way Remote Dampers | Hypercoil 600/900lb Springs | Ground Control Race Camber Plates | Bimmerworld Control Arm Bearings | Powerflex Sway Bar Bushings and Shock Mounts | EDC Delete | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake | Akrapovic Exhaust | Bimmerworld Race Studs | CSF Radiator | CSF Oil Cooler | Bimmerworld Power Steering Reservoir | Euro MDM | Lux H8 160 | BMW CF Front Splitters | BMW CF Competition Rear Spoiler | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | HRE R43
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
Drv4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 M3 (original owner)

Same thing happened to me last year. I didn’t go to dealership. I kept calling and asking for a reset. After some weeks it finally worked.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
s65m3fan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3, 2013 X5 35d

Anything specific to ask for? I keep getting ping ponged between BMW Assist and Customer Relations. All useless.
2013 Jerez Black E92 M3 DCT ZCP | PFC Z54/Z45 BBK | MCS 2-way Remote Dampers | Hypercoil 600/900lb Springs | Ground Control Race Camber Plates | Bimmerworld Control Arm Bearings | Powerflex Sway Bar Bushings and Shock Mounts | EDC Delete | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake | Akrapovic Exhaust | Bimmerworld Race Studs | CSF Radiator | CSF Oil Cooler | Bimmerworld Power Steering Reservoir | Euro MDM | Lux H8 160 | BMW CF Front Splitters | BMW CF Competition Rear Spoiler | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | HRE R43
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 10:30 PM   #4
Drv4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s65m3fan View Post
Anything specific to ask for? I keep getting ping ponged between BMW Assist and Customer Relations. All useless.
Ask if they can see your module in their system. Then if they can, ask if the account is active, if so they should be able to send a reset command (at least that's what they told me). It took a few calls before I got someone who seemed to know something.
I suspect it has something to do with the first subscription renewal after the retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 03:45 AM   #5
Drv4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep

So my car’s BMW Assist is available and updates successfully, I renewed at least a month before it’s expiry date, but noticed its not working today, no sos no messages no phone numbers listed for concierge or roadside assistance. So flaky for $199 a year..

Update: after sending an email, and a few back and forth, its working now. they do "something" on their end, even if account is up-to-date it seems like it automatically gets disabled at the end of the year and it needs something to connect again.

Update:
Called BMW Assist, they reported there was an outage that has been resolved for the vehicle but not the app.

Last edited by Drv4fun; 04-13-2019 at 02:23 AM..
Appreciate 0