BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM
Closed Thread

02-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #133
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Motors View Post
I wanted to throw this out there. A lot of people have been having problems with Vorsteiner lately in terms of product quality and customer service. My hope is that everyone here will have a great experience when dealing with my company. This is my first CF product, but it definitely won't be the last. We already have splitters in the design phase. If anyone has even the slightest issue with their diffuser, it'll be replaced without any hassle. In my detailing business, I've built a pretty solid relationship with my customers as a result of always trying to make them 100% happy. It's obvious that I'm here to make money (e.g. bucketloads of cash money to pay for my baby mama's shoe fetish), but I'm also a true lover of the M brand that wants to see it improved in whichever way possible.
I'm glad that you want to take care of the customers. Being that I was probably one of the first people to place a deposit on your diffuser, I obviously want to get value for my dollar and spending $1k+ on a diffuser is simply rediculous.

I did read on another thread I believe, that VRS has a special way of producing their products that will result in a product that doesn't bubble, peel/crack, or go yellow and that "other" brand CF producers suffer from this kind of thing. What do think about what's being said about "other" brand producers?
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #134
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
I wanted to throw this out there. A lot of people have been having problems with Vorsteiner lately in terms of product quality and customer service. My hope is that everyone here will have a great experience when dealing with my company. This is my first CF product, but it definitely won't be the last. We already have splitters in the design phase. If anyone has even the slightest issue with their diffuser, it'll be replaced without any hassle. In my detailing business, I've built a pretty solid relationship with my customers as a result of always trying to make them 100% happy. It's obvious that I'm here to make money (e.g. bucketloads of cash money to pay for my baby mama's shoe fetish), but I'm also a true lover of the M brand that wants to see it improved in whichever way possible.
Deposit for E90 diffuser sent via paypal.
No doubt it will be a great product Eric.

Ken
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #135
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
The Scuderia diffuser is the sexiest diffuser ever. If you can replicate that into a E92/90 then that will be a huge seller.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #136
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Hey everyone, group buy pricing is now over. All orders from this point forward will be for retail pricing: $495.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #137
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Hey everyone, group buy pricing is now over. All orders from this point forward will be for retail pricing: $495.
Will you do a second group buy with the ones w/o the center fin?
      02-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #138
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Any idea of the ETA of the final product diffuser for those of us who are in the GB?
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #139
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Hey M,

There are two ideals when it comes to installing any diffuser, whether it be mine or the Vorsteiner diffusers:

1. Perfect adhesion with no gaps. This is accomplished using an epoxy solution and the two stock screw holes on the bottom of the bumper. This method makes for no gaps around the edges. Problem is that removing the diffuser would be difficult.

I'm going to be installing my diffuser with the 1st method. I'm not planning on ever removing the diffuser, so I'd prefer having it look perfect.
The downside with this installation method, I guess, is if your bumper cover needs to be replaced, so does the diffuser.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #140
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
The downside with this installation method, I guess, is if your bumper cover needs to be replaced, so does the diffuser.
That's true, although with the price of this piece, it's a much easier pill to swallow than having to replace the Vorsteiner diffuser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Any idea of the ETA of the final product diffuser for those of us who are in the GB?
The 2nd prototype should be out of fabrication either by this Friday or early next week, then it has to be shipped back to me for test fitment. If this 2nd prototype fits perfectly, then production will start immediately, and that should take around 2 weeks to see the first 30 units made. I think we're about a month away from seeing the first pieces delivered. I want to make sure this launch goes perfectly, but I'm also trying my best to get these out ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Will you do a second group buy with the ones w/o the center fin?
Yep, I'll be doing a GB for the finless version.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #141
Manny212
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Can't wait for these...only thing i'm worried about is that the tips on the Eisenmann race are not adjustable and I don't want my tips to be tucked in. We'll see how it goes when the piece is ready.

BTW just realized your plates lol

2008 E92///M3 - | Alpine White/Fox Red Extended Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold |
Mods: | 19" Avante Garde | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | Rogue SSK | MS Spacers | ACM Test Pipes | ESS Tune | Remus Race | LUX V4 Angels | KW V3 |
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread