BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

01-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Sirius issues / lag

I have noticed a couple of problems that seem to be getting worse. First, I seem to get dropouts/crashes (that last for a minute or two) that nothing seems to fix short of turning the car off then back on. Even if I try going to another mode like FM then back, still no sound from any channel. The second thing is that that the lag between changing between any audio source to sat radio seems to be getting worse - it takes forever to go back and forth between Sirius and any non-Sirius input.

Anybody else notice things like this? I know people have talked about decreased audio quality and some dropouts but this seems different.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
Z06M3
///M...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Z06 | 16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
I have noticed a couple of problems that seem to be getting worse. First, I seem to get dropouts/crashes (that last for a minute or two) that nothing seems to fix short of turning the car off then back on. Even if I try going to another mode like FM then back, still no sound from any channel. The second thing is that that the lag between changing between any audio source to sat radio seems to be getting worse - it takes forever to go back and forth between Sirius and any non-Sirius input.

Anybody else notice things like this? I know people have talked about decreased audio quality and some dropouts but this seems different.
When I had my 335 with no iDrive I would also get the cutouts. If I looked at the radio it would actually say updating list. You can't listen to Sirius during this time. If you call Sirius they will tell you the exact same thing. Since the merger they constantly send out update signals daily. It's not your radio but the service itself. I get these cutouts at least 2 times a day. They claim it will get better over the next few months. Hope this helps. In terms of the lag maybe a software update will help?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I don't get the "updating list" notice but maybe that is it, really annoying. I also am very finicky about quick tuning of the radio/audio sources so having long pauses between modes is really annoying. Maybe the 09s are better with the new iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

sounds to me like your sirius module or something it connects to is failing.
      01-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

That's kind of what I was thinking. I made a service appointment so hopefully a diagnostic check will show something.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Yes, i get the lag issue if I assign a sirius channel to one of the presets. change from ipod to sirius takes ages. once its on sirius, changing to another sirius channel is quick. its always done this. figured it was the way it worked. doesn't really bother me.
Appreciate 0