BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

10-23-2016, 12:58 PM   #1
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Recaro Sportster CS in e90 m3 mounting hardware questions

All,

Having a little hard time understanding exactly what is needed to install recaro sportster cs seats in an e90.

I plan to still use the oem seat belt setup.

If you run macht schnell floor mounts and a recaro slider, do you have purchased the separate seat belt receptacle? Can you not just use the oem receptacle?

I would prefer to use macht schnell style floor mounts as opposed to something like the wedge engineering setup, which doesn't require a separate seat belt receptacle adapter, since the macht schnell setup are lighter and lower.

Thanks all.

Last edited by Black Gold; 10-23-2016 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold
All,

Having a little hard time understanding exactly what is needed to install recaro sportster cs seats in an e90.

If you run macht schnell floor mounts and a recaro slider, do you have purchased the separate seat belt receptacle? Can you not just use the oem one?

I would prefer to use macht schnell style floor mounts as opposed to something like the wedge engineering setup since they are lighter and lower.

Thanks all.
Oem seat belt receptacle is built into the seat and can't be taken out.
      10-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #3
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Kinda random but I have a full set of MS floor mounts, seat belt bracket mounts and sliders for these seats which I just removed from my E92 if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
evilspiritM3
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2018 F87 M2

Garage List
2018 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
All,

If you run macht schnell floor mounts and a recaro slider, do you have purchased the separate seat belt receptacle? Can you not just use the oem receptacle?

I would prefer to use macht schnell style floor mounts as opposed to something like the wedge engineering setup, which doesn't require a separate seat belt receptacle adapter, since the macht schnell setup are lighter and lower.

Thanks all.
You can remove the seat belt receptacle from the seat, and you could likely bolt it into the floor/tunnel, like you would attach an eyelet for a 6 point harness. I can not attest to the safety implications of going that route, but it seems possible. Good Luck!
      10-24-2016, 01:51 AM   #5
mr965
Private
Rep
Drives: Enine2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
All,

Thanks all.
My Recaro sliders for the CS have provision to mount the oem seat belt receptacle.

Last edited by mr965; 10-24-2016 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #6
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

thank you all, i have what i need now.

will post pics once done.
      10-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #7
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix
Quote:
All,

If you run macht schnell floor mounts and a recaro slider, do you have purchased the separate seat belt receptacle? Can you not just use the oem one?

I would prefer to use macht schnell style floor mounts as opposed to something like the wedge engineering setup since they are lighter and lower.

Thanks all.
Oem seat belt receptacle is built into the seat and can't be taken out.
Do you mean on the sportster? The oem receptacle unbolts from the seat. I use them on my recaros for oem belt.
      10-31-2016, 03:44 PM   #8
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

ttiwwop
      11-06-2016, 07:46 AM   #9
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

hey guys, we got these mounted up. I am wondering if anyone has any pictures, of an e90 would be best but an e92 works too, of how the OEM seat belt mounts to the receptacles. I want to make sure its done right.

Thank you. I have the MS "hybrid" receptacles.

BTW these seats are straight incredible
      11-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #10
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

To be more specific, I am trying to understand how the seatbelt next to the door, on the outside of the seat, is mounted to the car or seat securely?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #11
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
To be more specific, I am trying to understand how the seatbelt next to the door, on the outside of the seat, is mounted to the car or seat securely?

Thanks
The hybrid has two holes right? You take the J looking hook on the oem belt and bolt that in with a matching nut. Use lock tite. I would post pics but my car is at my shop
      11-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #12
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
The hybrid has two holes right? You take the J looking hook on the oem belt and bolt that in with a matching nut. Use lock tite. I would post pics but my car is at my shop
It does. Thank you. Pictures would be really helpful if you get a chance in the coming days.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #13
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
It does. Thank you. Pictures would be really helpful if you get a chance in the coming days.
I installed mine but mine are recaros and two hybrid mounts. Do the performance seats have an existing mount for the inner receptacle? Then you can use the mount on the outside for the seat belt.

If it doesn't put the mount on the inside, use that for the receptacle and bolt the seatbelt under the floor mount. If you don't want to bolt under the floor mount, buy an L bracket from VAC and bolt that under the floor mount and bolt the seat belt to the L bracket.
      09-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #14
Yea Boi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 08 M3

bumping this thread, trying to figure out how you guys bolted the oem seatbelts when using the Brey Krause mounts on an e90 m3. Attached is pic im referring too
Attached Images

Last edited by Yea Boi; 09-03-2019 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0