BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

08-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #485
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
What does this little dude mean. If its word, why does he look so bummed about it. Looks like weak, or whack.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #486
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What does this little dude mean. If its word, why does he look so bummed about it. Looks like weak, or whack.
lol. I think he's supposed to look like he's chillin. And yes, its word, as in yes or I agree.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #487
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
lol. I think he's supposed to look like he's chillin. And yes, its word, as in yes or I agree.
seems he should be happy if hes agreeing with what someone said. this needs to be addressed.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #488
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
Exactly that. And with my supercharger and GTS DCT programming, the Z06 really didn't feel much faster in a straight line, if at all. I much prefer DCT over stick shift now anyway. (Used to love stick). The torque available down low was the noticeable improvement. The rest of the car, to me, just had an overall cheap feeling.
Put 15k into the Z06 motor and I'm sure it will feel as fast.

I can see everything you guys said except reliability.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #489
SYZ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: :O

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Put 15k into the Z06 motor and I'm sure it will feel as fast.

Yeah, most definitely. Even the 7K I put in for the base supercharger and test pipes would help the z06 along nicely. But that same 7K can't really help the z06 where actually needs help.. which is everywhere else.

My father purchased a new ZR1 and that car's performance is exactly what I want out of my next vehicle. But he agrees that for 120K, the car's ergonomics, interior, and infotainment would be better than what they offer. Exterior styling is pretty nice though, however I still tease him that he needs move up from these hillbilly cars. lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #490
dapopa9
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

The C6 Z06's engine (LS7) has a bad valve/head design in it. Cars with 5,000 miles driven like grampas sunday cruiser are blowing their engines like crazy. Modded or no mods doesn't matter - engine issue still exsists. If you check out the threads over on the corvette forums 50% of their threads are either about Blown Engines, Engine Rebuilds, or Valve/head repair maintenance. Also the Z06's have oil starvation issues with the factory setup that will cause the engine to blow as well on high G turns.

The E9X you can take it out and run 30+ track days and not worry about it. That is the reliability I was talking about.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #491
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy

Newer LS7's after 2010 (I think) don't have the oil starvation issue anymore.

Some LS7's are definitely experiencing some valve/head issues and it seems like GM is only going to warranty those cars that are completely stock.

Other guys are doing preventive maintenance, and have replaced their stock heads with a WCCH valve job and heads, and have had very good results. Adding the WCCH heads/valve job, CAM, a CAI, headers and tune will run you about $5k for all the work and you will end up with about 550 HP at the rear wheels which is about a 75HP gain over stock. The LS7 does have its fault but once sorted out it is a very capable engine.

I have found over the years, the only real bullet proof car is a Porsche GT3/RS. It has it's own set of problems RMS, coolant hose, center lug, etc., but overall the Porsche is a great dual purpose track/street car that delivers a great driving experience with relatively small faults.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #492
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
The C6 Z06's engine (LS7) has a bad valve/head design in it. Cars with 5,000 miles driven like grampas sunday cruiser are blowing their engines like crazy. Modded or no mods doesn't matter - engine issue still exsists. If you check out the threads over on the corvette forums 50% of their threads are either about Blown Engines, Engine Rebuilds, or Valve/head repair maintenance. Also the Z06's have oil starvation issues with the factory setup that will cause the engine to blow as well on high G turns.

The E9X you can take it out and run 30+ track days and not worry about it. That is the reliability I was talking about.
Every car has problems, yes even BMW's

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880264

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880672

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=Rod
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #493
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9
Quote:

The ls7 from 06-09 have an oil starvation issue when cornering on left handers over 4 seconds when you have r comps. In so cal the only track to offer that is Laguna seca. Besides, that issue is easily remedied with a larger reservoir oil tank with more baffling. About $400 all in. Also remember these issues are much more exacerbated bc their are more people who compete(not hpde's) in their z06's than M drivers...ironically, their seems to be more supercharged m3 drivers interested in air strip races over z06 owners...

As for the head issues, have you seen the statistics? Assuming here, if the motor was nearly as bad as the interweeb likes to describe, would they continue its use in the z28 without updates? Also keep in mind the 3yr 36k mi warranty only costs 1800 from GM. I know I was repeatedly turned down from third party warranties with my m6...even when I was willing to pay the 7k premium they demanded. Remember, warranty companies are all about statistics, and there premium is loosely calculated by the length of term and estimated repair costs, food for thougt

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #494
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
The ls7 from 06-09 have an oil starvation issue when cornering on left handers over 4 seconds when you have r comps. In so cal the only track to offer that is Laguna seca. Besides, that issue is easily remedied with a larger reservoir oil tank with more baffling. About $400 all in. Also remember these issues are much more exacerbated bc their are more people who compete(not hpde's) in their z06's than M drivers...ironically, their seems to be more supercharged m3 drivers interested in air strip races over z06 owners...

As for the head issues, have you seen the statistics? Assuming here, if the motor was nearly as bad as the interweeb likes to describe, would they continue its use in the z28 without updates? Also keep in mind the 3yr 36k mi warranty only costs 1800 from GM. I know I was repeatedly turned down from third party warranties with my m6...even when I was willing to pay the 7k premium they demanded. Remember, warranty companies are all about statistics, and there premium is loosely calculated by the length of term and estimated repair costs, food for thougt
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #495
Let It Rein
ORNGBLD
Rep
Drives: F80 Sakhir Orange

M3 version 2.0 got dropped off Wednesday. Ill post up pics as soon as I pull it out of the garage where it's sat since.
There are days where I solely miss the Z. And, there are gonna be days where the M fits the bill. In a perfect world, I'd have both, plus...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #496
dapopa9
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post

I've seen quite a few Z06s with issues at AAA here in SoCal. Large banked left.

Yeah GM does warrant it but problem is they replace it with the same bad designed parts.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #497
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
In my opinion the Z06 is a step down in terms of everything except raw performance. It is fast!

Other than that I think the M3 outshines the Z06 in all other aspects such as reliability, daily drivability, comfort, handling confidence, luxury, noise level, cabin heat, ability to see out of it, ergonomics.

Anyone who ownes a z06 could careless about all of that.

Some people dont want the refinement. They want the rawness.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #498
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Touché, I didn't consider the roval as a track. Just remember to install the http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C54

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #499
dapopa9
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Anyone who ownes a z06 could careless about all of that.

Some people dont want the refinement. They want the rawness.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #500
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
seems he should be happy if hes agreeing with what someone said. this needs to be addressed.
Agreed, someone needs to end this madness.

The "Word" emoticon has bothered me for some time, but I haven't spoken out against it. Now, there are at least two of us. This could be the start of "The Ever Widening International Struggle Against Inappropriately Caricatured Emoticons" and, with enough effort, an end to this plague.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #501
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
Agreed, someone needs to end this madness.

The "Word" emoticon has bothered me for some time, but I haven't spoken out against it. Now, there are at least two of us. This could be the start of "The Ever Widening International Struggle Against Inappropriately Caricatured Emoticons" and, with enough effort, an end to this plague.
Can we get govt funding for our efforts?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #502
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can we get govt funding for our efforts?
It's likely that we'd receive some sort of funding given the endless nonsense that our government spends money on these days. If anything, I think we'd be one of the more productive organizations receiving tax dollars.

We may be forced to change our name to "The Ever Widening American Struggle Against Inappropriately Caricatured Emoticons" though, but that's not a deal breaker for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #503
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's likely that we'd receive some sort of funding given the endless nonsense that our government spends money on these days. If anything, I think we'd be one of the more productive organizations receiving tax dollars.

We may be forced to change our name to "The Ever Widening American Struggle Against Inappropriately Caricatured Emoticons" though, but that's not a deal breaker for me.
I'm in. Start the fight. Maybe they will give us z06s to drive to keep us on topic.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #504
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm in. Start the fight. Maybe they will give us z06s to drive to keep us on topic.
I like where this is going. They'll almost be forced to give us Z06s, and probably establish our headquarters next door to Laguna Seca so we can test out that 4sec+ left hander. Then they'll buy us that Lingenfelter High Capacity Oil Tank, and who knows what next.

Wait, what was this topic about again..?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #505
Let It Rein
ORNGBLD
Rep
Drives: F80 Sakhir Orange

Quote:

M3 to Z06 to M3
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #506
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I like where this is going. They'll almost be forced to give us Z06s, and probably establish our headquarters next door to Laguna Seca so we can test out that 4sec+ left hander. Then they'll buy us that Lingenfelter High Capacity Oil Tank, and who knows what next.

Yes we should get several back up cars in case we are too vigorous with our testing.
Appreciate 0