BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Who is going to have the first M3 the Bay Area?!

I want to see it!!
      12-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

you didn't see the sparkling graphite one at tap-x?
      12-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post
you didn't see the sparkling graphite one at tap-x?
haha linden wishes!!
      01-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

dunno if I will be but mine is at the docks waiting shippment. will let you know

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
jb2thdoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 325i

Jinxter did you order at bmw of concord? If so who did you deal with?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2thdoc View Post
Jinxter did you order at bmw of concord? If so who did you deal with?

Thanks
Yep I ordered from Concord. I delt with Sammy S. (owner) and Boris Starr. Let me know if you need any help with a order.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
///MML
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

jinxter,

I would like some help if you can get me an allocation soon. I live in SF. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
Yep I ordered from Concord. I delt with Sammy S. (owner) and Boris Starr. Let me know if you need any help with a order.
Were you charged a premium, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a production # and will be hitting status 112 next week(need to back out by then), but am on the list with a small premium. If Concord is not charging one, I'd be very interested in working with those guys.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Were you charged a premium, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a production # and will be hitting status 112 next week(need to back out by then), but am on the list with a small premium. If Concord is not charging one, I'd be very interested in working with those guys.

Thanks!
Concord is charging a premium. Just like everywhere else in cali. I just have a good friend that works there so I am one of the lucky ones.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #10
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Concord is charging a premium. Just like everywhere else in cali. I just have a good friend that works there so I am one of the lucky ones.
Sounds like you're saying you were not charged a premium?

I called Concord this morning and they're asking for a decently small premium.

Anyhow, Sonnen came back with a price I could not refuse; so I returned my production number this evening with Concord and kept my spot with Sonnen. Can't wait for April!

Thanks again.

Last edited by DJ9; 02-10-2008 at 11:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #11
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

here in Socal, many dealers are asking $5k. Several months ago, it was $10k-$15k. It seems this economy is certainly bringing those numbers down.

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #12
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotion View Post
here in Socal, many dealers are asking $5k. Several months ago, it was $10k-$15k. It seems this economy is certainly bringing those numbers down.
You hit it on the head. We're in the midst of a recession, and with the Fed cutting rates, sub-prime market debacle, and lay-offs for most financial institutions; it's a much different market than 6 to 8 months ago.

Up here they were quoting the same, but if you can negotiate between dealers....it's a pretty much MSRP or a few K over today.

If Marin and SF County's are doing such, I assume SoCal will follow as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #13
jb2thdoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 325i

Quote:
Sounds like you're saying you were not charged a premium?

I called Concord this morning and they're asking for a decently small premium.

Anyhow, Sonnen came back with a price I could not refuse; so I returned my production number this evening with Concord and kept my spot with Sonnen. Can't wait for April!

Thanks again.
What kind of a deal did you get with sonnen. I am on some sort of list at concord through a salesman named alberto. He said that when they get their second allocation, they will sell me the car at msrp. I would not say that my confidence level is that high for this to actually transpire but here's hoping. Maybe jinxter can verify with his friend that this salesman is on the level.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What kind of a deal did you get with sonnen. I am on some sort of list at concord through a salesman named alberto. He said that when they get their second allocation, they will sell me the car at msrp. I would not say that my confidence level is that high for this to actually transpire but here's hoping. Maybe jinxter can verify with his friend that this salesman is on the level.
Talk to Boris Starr. Tell him Boris sent you.

From what I was told by Boris, is that they are not taking any orders until they receive allocations. But I am sure you can work soemthing out with him. if you can put a deposit down I'm sure tehy can set you up.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #15
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I just turned in my allocation/production number that had an April deilvery date, on Sunday with Boris from BMW of Concord. So it's surprising they put you a waiting list for an allocation; as opposed to just giving you a production number.

PM me and will give you info about who to speak with at Sonnen. I go back about 8 years with my sales guy there.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #16
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I just turned in my allocation/production number that had an April deilvery date, on Sunday with Boris from BMW of Concord. So it's surprising they put you a waiting list for an allocation; as opposed to just giving you a production number.

PM me and will give you info about who to speak with at Sonnen. I go back about 8 years with my sales guy there.
my car is already complete and waiting at the docks to be shipped. Got there last Thursday and its driving me nuts that its not on a boat yet...

Anyday now... I was the second one to order next to Sammy's (concord bmw owner) My production was complete back on Jan 23rd..

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #17
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
my car is already complete and waiting at the docks to be shipped. Got there last Thursday and its driving me nuts that its not on a boat yet...

Anyday now... I was the second one to order next to Sammy's (concord bmw owner) My production was complete back on Jan 23rd..
That's awesome!! You will be very happy i'm sure.

My post was actually to the other guy who seemed like he wanted to place an order.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #18
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

btw, who's going to this Mfest in Las Vegas that I'm hearing about? Any of you getting before then?

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #19
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
btw, who's going to this Mfest in Las Vegas that I'm hearing about? Any of you getting before then?
I hope so, but that's a long drive from SF.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #20
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey JB you probably know this already but Alberto no longer works at Concord BMW and I'm glade you talked with Boris. Funny how I was sitting with him when you called. the status on the vehicle you are up for is 111. boris is definatly on the lvl. He will definatly take care of you. As far as what BMWNA tellst eh dealers is not a whole lot unless the SA's are constently digging for information. so dotn be supprised that Boris didnt know about the delay on the wheels that dosent seem to be much of a delay now according to everyone getting their prod eta's back to what they use to be.

BTW this really is his last allocation in 111 status. there was a guy that wanted it but backed out so its all yours. What options are you interested in? I heard boris was convincing you to get some packages. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If I get my M3 on the 8th I will drive out there. would be a great way to break in the 1200 miles quickly But I get a funny feeling I will be getting my car the weekend after.

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 04:29 AM   #22
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Hey JB you probably know this already but Alberto no longer works at Concord BMW and I'm glade you talked with Boris. Funny how I was sitting with him when you called. the status on the vehicle you are up for is 111. boris is definatly on the lvl. He will definatly take care of you. As far as what BMWNA tellst eh dealers is not a whole lot unless the SA's are constently digging for information. so dotn be supprised that Boris didnt know about the delay on the wheels that dosent seem to be much of a delay now according to everyone getting their prod eta's back to what they use to be.

BTW this really is his last allocation in 111 status. there was a guy that wanted it but backed out so its all yours. What options are you interested in? I heard boris was convincing you to get some packages. Let me know if you need anymore help.
Jinxter - I just joined the forum and wanted to thank you for the helpful information you and others are providing on ordering an M3. I think I might be the person you mentioned who backed out with Boris. I was reading this board last week and called Boris to find out if they had any allocations left. Boris told me I could take the last allocation and I was about to commit until I found out that I could get one of the M3s coming into BMW SF in early March. I let him know within a few hours of first contacting him that I would have to back out. I really appreciated Boris's responsiveness and how quickly he returned my calls. I would have liked to order from him, but the lease on my current 530i is ending in mid-March, so the timing that BMW SF was able to give me just fit better.

I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well and I'll have my car by the second week of March. My car is scheduled to arrive at PORT HUENEME on March 2! Can't wait....
Appreciate 0