BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

04-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #155
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
Incredible... I'm glad everyone left with minor injuries... Sad to see a nice piece of car go to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
Im in the pics above. Soon as we left Barstow, there was a trooper on the right side of the road. The entire caravan started slowing down. The E46 said his brakes locked up.

The X6M was doing about 35-40 when it was hit. The hit was hard enough to lift the X6M ass in the air. The tires left the asphalt. When it came back down, it started swerving violently but stopped without hitting anyone or anything else.

The E46 is totaled. The driver has a few broken bones in his hand but is ok aside from that. The X6M does not look too bad in the pics, but if you look underneath it, it's a freaking nightmare. It will most likely be totaled as well. My cousins in the X6M have no broken bones but all 3 were in a lot of pain as they did not see it coming at all.

It was completey F'd up for everyone involved. We lost a X6M which Gintani put a lot of work into mechanically and asthetically. We missed out on the entire caravan to Vegas, the E46 is totaled, the driver spent hours in the hospital, 3 other people are hurt, and what started off as an awesome drive to Vegas, turned into a nightmare 2 hours into it.

We made the most out of the weekend, thanks to everyone who offered help, and all the organizers of Mfest.

Mfest 2012 should be a blast
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #156
991brothers
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

[QUOTE=1cleanm3;9455849]sorry bro , let me know when your in socal and you def can whenever you like. Sad to see you selling your m3!

Thanks man. I am very sad to see it go. She will be going to the new owner on Saturday seeing your car almost made me back out. Gosh I hate this.
2022 BMW M5 Competition - 2016 GT3 RS UltraViolet -2018 GT3 Chalk - 2016 GT3 Lava - 2015 GT3 Guards Red - 2018 Audi RS7 - 2016 F80 M3 - 2015 GT3 Black - 2015 GT3 Carrara White - 2016 991.1 GTS - 2012 997.2 GTS Cabriolet - 2011 E92 M3 - 2006 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #157
nkadisha
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 335

Quote:
Im in the pics above. Soon as we left Barstow, there was a trooper on the right side of the road. The entire caravan started slowing down. The E46 said his brakes locked up.

The X6M was doing about 35-40 when it was hit. The hit was hard enough to lift the X6M ass in the air. The tires left the asphalt. When it came back down, it started swerving violently but stopped without hitting anyone or anything else.

The E46 is totaled. The driver has a few broken bones in his hand but is ok aside from that. The X6M does not look too bad in the pics, but if you look underneath it, it's a freaking nightmare. It will most likely be totaled as well. My cousins in the X6M have no broken bones but all 3 were in a lot of pain as they did not see it coming at all.

It was completey F'd up for everyone involved. We lost a X6M which Gintani put a lot of work into mechanically and asthetically. We missed out on the entire caravan to Vegas, the E46 is totaled, the driver spent hours in the hospital, 3 other people are hurt, and what started off as an awesome drive to Vegas, turned into a nightmare 2 hours into it.

We made the most out of the weekend, thanks to everyone who offered help, and all the organizers of Mfest.

That's terrible to hear, and I hope everyone feels their best soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #158
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

Quote:

Sorry to hear that and glad no one was seriously injured. The wife and I were driving down to LA to catch a week-long cruise that day and saw the impressive caravan heading towards Vegas. She remarked how cool that was and we were saddened to see the aftermath of the accident.

How fast was the caravan going? Did someone do a panic slowdown to cause this? I noticed there were a few CHP troopers ahead of the caravan as we were driving down which I thought was unusual unless they were preparing for the caravan. Perhaps the added number of troopers could have been for the Easter weekend.

Kleemanized C63
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #159
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity View Post

How fast was the caravan going? Did someone do a panic slowdown to cause this?
I'm pretty sure the X6 slammed on his brakes as soon as he saw the trooper after coming over the hill. I was a few cars behind them and all of a sudden traffic went from 70+ to ~25 in the blink of an eye...

I for sure thought it was going to be a huge multi car pile up, but luckily everyone avoided it and no one was seriously injured.
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0