BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-30-2018, 11:28 PM   #1
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

What is the part number of Brembo

Hello. I am reconditioning my Brembo GT BBK. And I am seeing the bleeding screws are darker and want them to be shiny again. Is there anyway to make them shiny without damaging them or what is the part number of this nipples so I can just swap them.

Name:  20180731_002958.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  242.7 KB

Name:  20180731_002929.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  283.5 KB

Name:  krud-kutter-paint-thinner-solvents-cleaners-mr086-64_1000.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  63.8 KB
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 07-30-2018 at 11:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
SpartaEvolution
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, E36 328racecar

I doubt any solvents will bring it back to a perfect stainless finish alone, and it will be tough to solvent + wire brush them back to new without risking damage to the threads or mating surface. Bleed screws are relatively inexpensive items, so depending on how much $$ your time is worth, it's probably more efficient to just buy new ones. I would guess any M10x1.0 bleeder screw will work, but would recommend pulling one to measure thread length and pitch.

Again - I would assume something like this will work, but you should pull one and verify before purchase.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia980.00
      07-31-2018, 11:18 PM   #3
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartaEvolution View Post
I doubt any solvents will bring it back to a perfect stainless finish alone, and it will be tough to solvent + wire brush them back to new without risking damage to the threads or mating surface. Bleed screws are relatively inexpensive items, so depending on how much $$ your time is worth, it's probably more efficient to just buy new ones. I would guess any M10x1.0 bleeder screw will work, but would recommend pulling one to measure thread length and pitch.

Again - I would assume something like this will work, but you should pull one and verify before purchase.
Thank you so much. I will do and report back. Since I am repainting them, it will be good to replace.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartaEvolution View Post

I rebuilt and repaint the kit also add the new bleeding screws. You were right. Those are M10x1.0 type . Thank the Brembo RT. They provided me all the parts I need!

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 08-14-2018 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
DR-JEKL897.50
      08-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #5
SpartaEvolution
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, E36 328racecar

Looks awesome! Glad it worked out for ya. I do prefer those little shorty bleeder bolts Brembo uses as opposed to most of the stuff you find off-the-shelf that would stick out of the caliper twice as far haha
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia980.00
      08-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #6
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Yep, for stuff like this I would just pay the Brembo tax and get the right parts. Brakes are a critical safety item so "close enough" or hacking something in to work seems foolish.
SaNGRia980.00
scrammer420.50
      08-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #7
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Yep, for stuff like this I would just pay the Brembo tax and get the right parts. Brakes are a critical safety item so "close enough" or hacking something in to work seems foolish.
Well I took a risk and got a used kit all the way from Canada. And even tho Brembo did not verify them being original or not since I did not have the first purchase receipt, but I was 100% sure they re original.

And I did get an offer from a fake brembo, luckily I caught at the very last minute with looking at the pictures right before the shipment and got my money back. The rotors were installed to the Hat with rivets instead of H type or D type fasteners.

And after I realized they were fake, I looked that the pictures closer and the piston sizes for the rear was 40 41 instead of 42-42.

The one I got came as advertised with the correct part number and correct piston size and brembo stamps on the rotor hats and rotor edges as it is supposed to.

And Brembo RT helped me a lot in this process and Eric responses pretty fast.

As far as the bleeding screw goes when I was researching the correct part for the brembo I saw those long head bleeding screws as well. they are funny and long
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 08-15-2018 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 10:15 PM   #8
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

dont use any solvents that would strip your paint on the caliper.

by the way were both the brembo kits were from Canada that you were looking at that were fake?

The kit you got from the current seller is legit, I know the guy in person and before you bought it I was going to buy it.
SaNGRia980.00
      08-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #9
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
dont use any solvents that would strip your paint on the caliper.

by the way were both the brembo kits were from Canada that you were looking at that were fake?

The kit you got from the current seller is legit, I know the guy in person and before you bought it I was going to buy it.
Hey, You are right. No solvents. It is very easy to mess up the VHT paint. I literally clean the brake dust with a soap and water using a paper towel very gently

Well, Brembo that I got 100% original. Thank God. I don't know Will in person but we developed a good friendship over WhatsApp and yeah he is a very legit guy. Brembo couldn't verify that it is fake or not due to liability I guess. They want to see the original papers that is sent at the very first time kit purchased. So they couldn't verify for that reason. But I do see fake brembos currently on the forum and they definitely do not come with proper rotor hats .

I am so glad I got the set from Will. It is a very risky situation to buy a used and painted brake kit. But I studied a lot and learnt a lot! Usually the fake kits does not come with the proper piston sizes either and they re definitely not Anodized!

here is some pics :

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 08-22-2018 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0