BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

03-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #45
LeaseCompare
Certified Lease Consulant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMPOWER View Post
This is where my concern is, will the dealerships give you a hard time when you do a third party deal? It seems like Mantis's dealer is doing that.
Reputable dealers do not mind if you use an outside source to pay for your vehicle. Not allowing you to do so will gain them negative attention from consumer groups and possible lawsuits.

When we have run into problems, most buyers remind the dealer that it will be hard to give them good comments on their factory survey. Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #46
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMPOWER View Post
This is where my concern is, will the dealerships give you a hard time when you do a third party deal? It seems like Mantis's dealer is doing that.
btw, that's not my dealer. that's the dealer i ordered the 335 from. he's pissed that i went to another dealer to order the M3.

Dealers are always PITA to deal with, but dealing with it ONCE is better than remembering you could have done better every time u write a payment check
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRocket View Post
That would suck if they do. Maybe Lease compare can answer that question for us. Lease Compare can you tell us about your past experiance with these type of dealers ?
Shelly BMW and I have a history of fighting over there. Their finance manager is PITA. one time i worked out a deal and i asked for US bank and Wells fargo numbers. he kept on saying no, so i just left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaseCompare View Post
Reputable dealers do not mind if you use an outside source to pay for your vehicle. Not allowing you to do so will gain them negative attention from consumer groups and possible lawsuits.

When we have run into problems, most buyers remind the dealer that it will be hard to give them good comments on their factory survey. Problem solved.
+1 they need that '5', always mention the word attorny, but dont let them catch ur bluff
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #47
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
lease compare: care to briefly outline the process of leasing a car through you guys from A-Z?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 09:29 PM   #48
LeaseCompare
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
lease compare: care to briefly outline the process of leasing a car through you guys from A-Z?
Two options:

1) You find the car (dealer or private party) and negotiate the price. Enter the vehicle data into our comparison quoting engine and select a lease offer. Review the full disclosure and apply for credit. Once approved, we prepare the lease documents, you sign, we pay the dealer and you take delivery.

2) We'll find the vehicle and negotiate a competitive purchase price. The rest of the process is the same as option 1.

Please let me know if you have more detailed questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #49
Johndoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 sedan

[QUOTE=LeaseCompare;2378671]Two options: 2) We'll find the vehicle and negotiate a competitive purchase price. The rest of the process is the same as option 1].

Option 2 will probably not work for most of us who are wait-listed with a particular dealer and have ordered per our specs.....so option 1 is probably way to go....

I heard that leasing a car and returning to BMW is a pain in the butt ie. dealer looks for all the scratches to take deductions ...but returning to a bank the process is less hassle free as long as car is in pretty good condition but not immaculate ....true of false?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 09:36 PM   #50
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

[QUOTE=Johndoe;2393242]
Quote:
Two options: 2) We'll find the vehicle and negotiate a competitive purchase price. The rest of the process is the same as option 1].

Option 2 will probably not work for most of us who are wait-listed with a particular dealer and have ordered per our specs.....so option 1 is probably way to go....

I heard that leasing a car and returning to BMW is a pain in the butt ie. dealer looks for all the scratches to take deductions ...but returning to a bank the process is less hassle free as long as car is in pretty good condition but not immaculate ....true of false?
All depends on your dealer. My father has leased all of his cars from BMW and his last one was involved in a major accident, they did not ask him for any additional money. They actually did the inspection in less then 10 minutes, also helps he was picking up a new one at the same time.
      03-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #51
BMW3R
Bimmer User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 Mazda3  [0.00]
[QUOTE=BCMPOWER;2393733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndoe View Post
They actually did the inspection in less then 10 minutes, also helps he was picking up a new one at the same time.
As long as you are buying another vehicle from the dealer it has been my experience that most all is forgiven.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #52
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
Quote:
Two options:

1) You find the car (dealer or private party) and negotiate the price. Enter the vehicle data into our comparison quoting engine and select a lease offer. Review the full disclosure and apply for credit. Once approved, we prepare the lease documents, you sign, we pay the dealer and you take delivery.

2) We'll find the vehicle and negotiate a competitive purchase price. The rest of the process is the same as option 1.

Please let me know if you have more detailed questions.
how long in advance before delivery should i start the process? once you send me those papers, do i have to sign and send them back to you and at that point there's not return? coz normally i would be interested in seeing if the dealer can beat the price, they probably can't, but im just wondering
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #53
LeaseCompare
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=Johndoe;2393242]
Quote:
True and False depending on the lease source. As an independent leasing company, we can intercede for you if there are illegitimate wear and tear charges.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #54
LeaseCompare
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
how long in advance before delivery should i start the process? once you send me those papers, do i have to sign and send them back to you and at that point there's not return? coz normally i would be interested in seeing if the dealer can beat the price, they probably can't, but im just wondering
Once you sign, send them back you are locked in. We would hope that if our price is competitive, you would give us the opportunity of writing the lease. This keeps the service free and ensures that we are around the next time your are in the market to lease.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #55
Jimmyz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 or Audi S5 (soon!)

It seems that the payments, on average, are around 50 bucks less per month than BMW Financial... not bad.
Appreciate 0