BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-14-2021, 08:19 AM   #1
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to eforty6_m3
Dry Ice Cleaning in Southeastern MA

Hello fellow BMW enthusiasts,

Some of you may recognize my username, as I've been a forum member for many years. The reason for this thread is that I'm looking to potentially start a dry ice cleaning business (for automobiles), in hopes of pursuing my passion and leaving behind a dead-end desk job.

As this is a relatively new process in the automotive space (been around in commercial/industrial cleaning for decades), I'm not sure what the level of familiarity is with this process, but, honestly, it's amazing. If you are curious about learning about it, check out the Youtube pages for Scott Ales (the Dryce man) and R20 motorsports...bunch of great footage highlighting what this can do for vehicles.

And so I'm reaching out to potentially start building relationships and gauging interest from potential clients. I've been in IT for just about 15 years and as I near age 40 (turned 38 in March), I decided it was time for me to make a change in my life. I've got 2 young boys at home (5 and 3) and a wife who fully supports me, so back in April I started off on this venture and am hoping to see it to fruition, where I am (hopefully) able to soon open my own dry ice cleaning business in southeastern MA. Got a few more steps in the process before that happens, but I'd like to see what the interest level is from you guys (and perhaps any other friends/connections you have that you could share with me).

While I don't have a website yet (still trying to come up with a business name), check out the drycenation site in the meantime! I can answer (or at the very least, try to) any question(s) that may come up in terms of the process and what is involved.

It's certainly not a cheap one, nor is this for everybody, I am fully aware of that. And there are naysayers, which I get. But I've trained in this process and done it firsthand and it's simply incredible. I believe there is a market for this service and am hoping that this business takes off and becomes full-time, so I can leave my current IT job, where I've been fairly unhappy for a few years now.

So, in summary, I'm simply trying to network and hopefully build up some interest in my potential business so I don't lose my wife and/or house if it goes belly up! haha (but seriously!).

Here are some examples of before/after shots from some other colleagues:

Reach out and PM me if you've got any interest, questions, leads, etc. Thank you very much for your time! And if you aren't interested, feel free to ignore and continue living your life. That's totally fine, too!

-Shaun

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car) | '21 BMW M340i (Daily)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 1
Davey2757.00
      09-14-2021, 10:46 PM   #2
Davey27
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Best of luck! Kudos to you for deciding to make the change rather than stick with something you don't like, and after 15 years I'm sure that's not an easy thing to take that leap.

Though I have no immediate need for this, how much is current market rate for a sedan such as what we own? Is it tiered pricing based on scope of work or is it basically just the undercarriage and/or engine bay? Also curious given we live in New England, is this something that is meant to protect against or turn back the clock on rust issues?

I've seen videos in the past, certainly looks like a painstaking process and quite dirty, so I imagine it can't be cheap.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #3
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey27 View Post
Best of luck! Kudos to you for deciding to make the change rather than stick with something you don't like, and after 15 years I'm sure that's not an easy thing to take that leap.

Though I have no immediate need for this, how much is current market rate for a sedan such as what we own? Is it tiered pricing based on scope of work or is it basically just the undercarriage and/or engine bay? Also curious given we live in New England, is this something that is meant to protect against or turn back the clock on rust issues?

I've seen videos in the past, certainly looks like a painstaking process and quite dirty, so I imagine it can't be cheap.

Dave
Thanks for the kind words, man! Been a stressful few months, but I'm really hoping all the hard work I've been putting into this pays off.

And you pretty much nailed it...there's no "set" price. Most guys in the country are charging anywhere from $250-300/hr, but in terms of the scope of the job, it really varies based on the condition of the vehicle in question. Obviously, something newer would theoretically be easier/quicker to clean. But was the car located near the ocean, driven in salt/snow, have any fluid leaks, etc etc. Lot of factors play into it.

Can definitely help with surface rust. Also, can literally take the salt off paint without marring it, so a good "waterless" option for our winters. And I'll be treating these newly cleaned, bare metals to prevent future corrosion. Win:win!

Again, thanks for reaching out and definitely spread the word if you know anyone else who might be interested. I plan on having an open house once my shop is up and running so people can see, firsthand, how truly remarkable dry ice cleaning is! Cheers!

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 1
Davey2757.00
      09-17-2021, 04:05 PM   #4
jp1984
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: an E92

Good luck, friend!

The results are beautiful, I wish I could afford it, however, if I ever hear someone asking for a shop, I will forward their service your way!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 04:06 PM   #5
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1984 View Post
Good luck, friend!

The results are beautiful, I wish I could afford it, however, if I ever hear someone asking for a shop, I will forward their service your way!
Thank you for the kind words and that's all I can ask for! Much appreciated!

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 06:10 AM   #6
CTMike
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i MSport/2011 E93 M3

Very cool (heh) the results are incredible! Best of luck to you. If you are looking for a potential fallback in IT, shoot me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #7
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMike View Post
Very cool (heh) the results are incredible! Best of luck to you. If you are looking for a potential fallback in IT, shoot me a PM.
Thank you, sir!

Also, PM'd you.

Appreciate 0