BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-28-2018, 10:39 AM   #89
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
That VS the $900 quote earlier is pretty different. I'm still weighing my options...

Guys who own; could you post pictures of how your storing them when not in use?
I just store mine flat on the floor next to the wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuuce View Post
i leave mine under the jeep or slid in front of the jeep or car

no real inventive storage solution.

I do need to build a cart for the pump and accessories, or modify the one its on. I now have it on an old welding cart. Works fine, but I hate welding carts for their no swiveling rear wheels.
Finally considering investing. Couple things didn't realize before ; wheels to roll on one end. Also not as heavy as I expected. From what I was gathering - each is 30-40lbs? Current floor jack is 90 something lbs and wakes up the neighborhood when I gotta drag it around. Some creative storing abilities too. Thought they needed to be always laying flat. Not so, even more incentive.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #90
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Finally considering investing. Couple things didn't realize before ; wheels to roll on one end. Also not as heavy as I expected. From what I was gathering - each is 30-40lbs? Current floor jack is 90 something lbs and wakes up the neighborhood when I gotta drag it around. Some creative storing abilities too. Thought they needed to be always laying flat. Not so, even more incentive.
Each frame is 76 lbs: https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-s...-car-lift.html (click on Features and Specs)
But the wheels definitely help, and I don't consider 76 lbs a big deal. I lift weights
      09-28-2018, 11:43 AM   #91
Pedalkick
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
That VS the $900 quote earlier is pretty different. I'm still weighing my options...

Guys who own; could you post pictures of how your storing them when not in use?
I lean them vertically up against my garage wall and hold them in place with a wall hook that turns to hold/release at the top. That way I don't have to lift them onto a hook and they can't fall back or slide out from the wall. They only take about 3" of space out from the wall.
I don't park a car in my garage but if you do, this method will take up minimal space with no danger of falling on your car or anything else.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 12:52 PM   #92
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

They're more like 80lbs each. Still, not considered as heavy, just more of an inconvenience, to move them around a lot. I wouldn't take them to a driving event like autoX or track for sure. Having to unload both platforms plus the pump and hoses would take longer than just unloading a traditional jack and stands.

The wheels on the end sucks, they'll eventually break. Some people have issues with the wheels if you search online for reviews. Mine are still good so far but I don't use them often. I store mine at my parent's garage along with my other weekend car. I just push both platforms together and keep them under the car.
Appreciate 1
330ciprem228.50
      09-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #93
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
Each frame is 76 lbs: https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-s...-car-lift.html (click on Features and Specs)
But the wheels definitely help, and I don't consider 76 lbs a big deal. I lift weights
Theres a difference between willingly carrying 80 pound solid lifts around tight quarters in the garage, and having wheels to "Assist" during setup. Not sure I'd want to be walking these 50 feet across a work space each time I set up my car to work on it. Wheels help that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedalkick View Post
I lean them vertically up against my garage wall and hold them in place with a wall hook that turns to hold/release at the top. That way I don't have to lift them onto a hook and they can't fall back or slide out from the wall. They only take about 3" of space out from the wall.
I don't park a car in my garage but if you do, this method will take up minimal space with no danger of falling on your car or anything else.
Yeah, that sounds like the type of setup I'd do as well. Its really quite convenient and opens a lot more options. For some reason I thought they were always needing to be in a flat ground laying position - even when storing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
They're more like 80lbs each. Still, not considered as heavy, just more of an inconvenience, to move them around a lot. I wouldn't take them to a driving event like autoX or track for sure. Having to unload both platforms plus the pump and hoses would take longer than just unloading a traditional jack and stands.

The wheels on the end sucks, they'll eventually break. Some people have issues with the wheels if you search online for reviews. Mine are still good so far but I don't use them often. I store mine at my parent's garage along with my other weekend car. I just push both platforms together and keep them under the car.
No plans to transport. Though I've seen 1-2 guys at the track w/ them.

May start a dedicated thread to "QuickJack referencing." Took all measures today. Seems the 5000SLX fits the bill.

For those who have, maybe you can answer : is there any type of rubber padding on the portion which sits on the garage floor?
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy674.50
      09-28-2018, 11:14 PM   #94
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Theres a difference between willingly carrying 80 pound solid lifts around tight quarters in the garage, and having wheels to "Assist" during setup. Not sure I'd want to be walking these 50 feet across a work space each time I set up my car to work on it. Wheels help that!

Yeah, that sounds like the type of setup I'd do as well. Its really quite convenient and opens a lot more options. For some reason I thought they were always needing to be in a flat ground laying position - even when storing.

May start a dedicated thread to "QuickJack referencing." Took all measures today. Seems the 5000SLX fits the bill.

For those who have, maybe you can answer : is there any type of rubber padding on the portion which sits on the garage floor?
Yeah get the 5000, it’ll allows you the option to lift a mid size suv in case you ever need to.

No the bottom of the platforms are just metal. You could put something between the floor, like some thin carpet.
Appreciate 1
kyoo340.50
      09-29-2018, 04:53 AM   #95
Bruuuce
the me
Rep
Drives: 01ZCoupe, 08M3Coupe, 21M2C

I put some UHMW tape on the bottom of mine to help with adjusting them under the vehicles.

IMHO the wheels do not help much to move them around, but do help. They are long and the weight isn't distributed equally. Picking up one end of the 5-6' lift and then maneuvering them around gets tight...

But at the end of the day, there is nothing similar on the market that is as small, simple to use and effective. They are well worth the storability issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 08:30 PM   #96
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
Quote:

Yeah get the 5000, it’ll allows you the option to lift a mid size suv in case you ever need to.

No the bottom of the platforms are just metal. You could put something between the floor, like some thin carpet.
Yeah. There are 2 versions of the 5000. And EXT as well (which I think is just longer).

Seems like would be a solid idea for Quickjack to put some time of rubber contact patches between metal and ground. Even if thin, could only help. Will have to inquire with them about it.

For those who have ordered recent is a code still up?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #97
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

The Quick Jack is an excellent tool to have in your garage! I'm working on a storage solution and will post a photo when complete.

Name:  Quick Jack.jpg
Views: 1967
Size:  398.9 KB
Appreciate 2
Exclusivs540.50
JDM_CL992.00
      10-01-2018, 08:35 AM   #98
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Yeah. There are 2 versions of the 5000. And EXT as well (which I think is just longer).

Seems like would be a solid idea for Quickjack to put some time of rubber contact patches between metal and ground. Even if thin, could only help. Will have to inquire with them about it.

For those who have ordered recent is a code still up?
Any sort of rubber on the bottom will make them much more difficult to maneuver into place under the car.
Appreciate 1
shimmy232341.00
      10-01-2018, 08:45 AM   #99
kyoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

my car's up right now too, neglected to take a picture. it's saved so much time and headache. i leave it on either side of the car, and just slide them under the car when i need to lift it. given all the brake bleeding, wheel swapping, fluid flushing i do for 4x cars, it's been worth it
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #100
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3, '18 M2, '22 X3M

I just popped on this. Been contemplating it for a year. Used the code 'smart' and got the $100 off. Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #101
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
For sure - I wasn't saying that I carry them across longer distances. I just meant that picking them up to slide them into position or back towards the wall a few feet away is not a big deal to me. If I had to move them 50 ft at a time I'd definitely be using the wheels.
      10-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #102
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

I honestly don't see any advantage of this tool over any floor jack other than quick jack is little easier to jack up the car. Both provides similar height so not sure I would want spend this much an quick jack. Now if we are talking about scissor lift, then that's different story.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #103
Bruuuce
the me
Rep
Drives: 01ZCoupe, 08M3Coupe, 21M2C

a jack and jack stands all in one that lifts the entire car almost 2 feet in the air. no no real advantages, makes it harder to get things out of the trunk.
Appreciate 1
gfisher99287.00
      10-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #104
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
I've owned my Quickjack 5000SLX for a few months now...and I gotta say that I'm in love with these things. Definitely made my life easier when working on my cars and provides so much room to do pretty much anything I need to. I'd highly recommend these to anyone!

Untitled by dj_dub, on Flickr

CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 2
PACarGuy674.50
Not Sure212.50
      10-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #105
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfisher99 View Post
I just popped on this. Been contemplating it for a year. Used the code 'smart' and got the $100 off. Can't wait.
What was your total shipped?
I'd think it'd still be active, but not working for me
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #106
Lobe50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 440i

I just got mine this week... Total w the discount code (smart) was $1265
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #107
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yep, $1265 shipped. It arrived on Friday and I got them set up Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #108
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, $1265 shipped. It arrived on Friday and I got them set up Saturday.
Jealous. Really really contemplating ...

Everyone who has purchased assume already registered cosco members ?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #109
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Jealous. Really really contemplating ...

Everyone who has purchased assume already registered cosco members ?
I am a Costco member, but my Costco does not sell the QuickJack. I bought mine direct from the manufacturer - that's where the promo code 'smart' works...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #110
capo1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pontiac Aztek

Quote:
I am a Costco member, but my Costco does not sell the QuickJack. I bought mine direct from the manufacturer - that's where the promo code 'smart' works...
You can buy the Quickjack BL-5000SLX on Costco's website: https://www.costco.com/.product.1268102.html

$1100 with free shipping
Appreciate 1