BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

EXXEL Distributions

01-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #947
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
People who turn the damn radio on to country music. Don't get me wrong, I like country music, but not while working out. How are you supposed to get hyped to deadlift with Redneck Yacht Club blaring??? :

And the music is so damn loud I can hear it over my headphones.
If this shit comes on during gym time Id totally go beast mode.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=myJDBos5Vyw
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #948
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
People who turn the damn radio on to country music. Don't get me wrong, I like country music, but not while working out. How are you supposed to get hyped to deadlift with Redneck Yacht Club blaring??? :

And the music is so damn loud I can hear it over my headphones.
If this shit comes on during gym time Id totally go beast mode.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=myJDBos5Vyw
Boooo!

This is more like it:

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:25 AM   #949
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

The 50 year old dude that lifts with a group of gals... 20ish year old gals...

Sorry guys little creepy
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      01-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #950
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Newbie 15-16 year old kids who almost kill themselves and others around them!!!

Kid today with a black hoodie goes to squat. Puts 45’s on each side, puts a pylo box about 2 feet high...in his basketball sneakers with like air bubbles on the sole... proceeds to do one squat. Starts wobbling weights slide (almost off) since it wasn’t clamped in . Lucky to put the weight back on. Walks away cooly, comes back and does another 1 squat.

I had to tap him on his arm to get his attention as he was listening to music underneath his hoodie which was over his head... I said, you may want to get sneakers with flat soles or take off your shoes. He says “l know I know” like I’m lecturing him!!!

1) why the fuck are u wearing a hoodie in the gym - cause you a gangster?

2) if you know to wear flat shoes for balance. Why the fuck are you wobbling all over the place almost dropping and flinging the weights...upsets me because it could hurt someone else.

3) where the fuck did u learn to do a squat on top of a plyo box.

Oh and on the other end an old 80 ish year old man that smells like the worst body odor in the world. And I saw that sweating dude again on the treadmill. This time he was finished and was drenched sweating all over a machine

Clearly I was irritated today
Appreciate 2
smoosh2211.50
      01-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #951
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post

Kid today with a black hoodie goes to squat. Puts 45’s on each side, puts a pylo box about 2 feet high...in his basketball sneakers with like air bubbles on the sole... proceeds to do one squat. Starts wobbling weights slide (almost off) since it wasn’t clamped in . Lucky to put the weight back on. Walks away cooly, comes back and does another 1 squat.

I had to tap him on his arm to get his attention as he was listening to music underneath his hoodie which was over his head... I said, you may want to get sneakers with flat soles or take off your shoes. He says “l know I know” like I’m lecturing him!!!

2) if you know to wear flat shoes for balance. Why the fuck are you wobbling all over the place almost dropping and flinging the weights...upsets me because it could hurt someone else.

Oh and on the other end an old 80 ish year old man that smells like the worst body odor in the world. And I saw that sweating dude again on the treadmill. This time he was finished and was drenched sweating all over a machine

Lol you gotta find a 24 hr gym and go between 11pm-5:30am. Pretty quiet during those hours, and no one to bother you...

I usually take my shoes off when I'm squatting, rowing, or strict pressing. I feel it may bother some people, even though I of course wash my socks after each use...what do you guys think? Would you be bothered by someone with their shoes off in the squat rack, minding their own business and lifting?

I once had a dumbass come up to me a couple years ago and say, "Have some respect for others, put your shoes back on. You're in public." But I was 180lbs and skinny as fuck then...idk if someone would say something to my 262 lbs ass now...

I usually wear a hoodie with the hoodie on...but only because people annoy the fuck out of me by coming up and talking to me when I'm focused on my workout...so i wear it as a "kindly fuck off and leave me alone"
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:20 PM   #952
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Lol you gotta find a 24 hr gym and go between 11pm-5:30am. Pretty quiet during those hours, and no one to bother you...

I usually take my shoes off when I'm squatting, rowing, or strict pressing. I feel it may bother some people, even though I of course wash my socks after each use...what do you guys think? Would you be bothered by someone with their shoes off in the squat rack, minding their own business and lifting?

I once had a dumbass come up to me a couple years ago and say, "Have some respect for others, put your shoes back on. You're in public." But I was 180lbs and skinny as fuck then...idk if someone would say something to my 262 lbs ass now...

I usually wear a hoodie with the hoodie on...but only because people annoy the fuck out of me by coming up and talking to me when I'm focused on my workout...so i wear it as a "kindly fuck off and leave me alone"
And when do you plan to shoot up the place?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:25 PM   #953
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Quote:

And when do you plan to shoot up the place?
Lmao I guess I do get some occasional "this dude's going postal" looks...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #954
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

I wear a hoodie sometimes because its cold as shit and I like to warm up

Box squats are fine if you know what you're doing

I wear oly shoes these days not chucks, really helped my buttwink issues (too late for my destroyed l4 and l5 tho)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:56 PM   #955
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
I wear a hoodie sometimes because its cold as shit and I like to warm up

Box squats are fine if you know what you're doing

I wear oly shoes these days not chucks, really helped my buttwink issues (too late for my destroyed l4 and l5 tho)
He was doing the squat on top of the box. Not box squats
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:58 PM   #956
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:

This kids hoodie was not about “leave me alone”. It was about looking cool.

So cool. He had to call his mom to pick him up from the gym.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 10:18 PM   #957
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Having been in the fitness industry for 20yrs and that having opened gyms, run gyms, 6 different training certs logging 20k hrs+ of sessions, and even having my own training business.....

This thread is hysterical since there's not a single thing ever these days that you can see and think we'll that's a new one....

My most traumatic experience was a member who was about in his mid 60s and he was a regular racquetball player at the facility.....

Well one day I walk into the locker room and low and behold this guy has leg propped up on the counter and is drying his nuts off with one of the guest hair dryers...... WTF people!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 10:39 PM   #958
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
Having been in the fitness industry for 20yrs and that having opened gyms, run gyms, 6 different training certs logging 20k hrs+ of sessions, and even having my own training business.....

This thread is hysterical since there's not a single thing ever these days that you can see and think we'll that's a new one....

My most traumatic experience was a member who was about in his mid 60s and he was a regular racquetball player at the facility.....

Well one day I walk into the locker room and low and behold this guy has leg propped up on the counter and is drying his nuts off with one of the guest hair dryers...... WTF people!
Just another day at 24 hour super sports
      01-28-2018, 11:19 PM   #959
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Absolutely.

You know that thing you do when you’re walking and someone else is walking in your direction and you both try to avoid each other, but instead keep getting in each other’s way? Yea, I did that with a 65+ yr old naked Asian man the other day, with his noodle flip flopping left to right.

Hate that gym, ugh
Appreciate 2
      01-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #960
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

- i hate when people speak to me at the gym or try to conversate, throws me outta my zone.

also does no one have private clubs by them. like everything seems to be franchised 24 hour or la fitness.

My private club memebership is steep at 70 a month, but worth it. 3 sets of everything so never fighting over anything
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 11:50 PM   #961
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Quote:
Absolutely.

You know that thing you do when you’re walking and someone else is walking in your direction and you both try to avoid each other, but instead keep getting in each other’s way? Yea, I did that with a 65+ yr old naked Asian man the other day, with his noodle flip flopping left to right.

Hate that gym, ugh
LOL. That's terrible.

You almost went to second base with mr miyagi. I'm sure you made his night.
      01-29-2018, 04:49 AM   #962
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You didn’t see the pics on the prior few pages huh? . This board has an obsession of old dudes blow drying their nuts...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 04:51 AM   #963
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
LOL. That's terrible.

You almost went to second base with mr miyagi. I'm sure you made his night.

He should be worried if he was close enough to go noodling.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #964
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:

Quote:
You didn’t see the pics on the prior few pages huh? . This board has an obsession of old dudes blow drying their nuts...
Encore appearance....

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #965
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

It is that time of the year again!!! You know what I'm talking about... Tis the season to load up on Test (500mg minimum) to be nice and jacked for the summer. This of course leads to some gym hilarity from people with short fuses who can't handle their juice.

Last Tuesday. Dude's gear is starting to kick in and he is in "the zone".. Goes grabs so weights and bumps a dud, which seems to knock him out of his "zone" and he does not say "sorry". Tempers flare and much like gorillas in the wild the two begin to square off with intimidating poses and poetry referencing the "fucking of ones mother". Eventually the guy that did the bumping pulls of some Sub-Zero freeze shit and stops everyone in their tracks. I kid you not the dude turned and simply said "mother fucker you don't know what I been through". We where all mind fucked after hearing that line. And I said to myself what ever the fuck he's been through seems to prevent him from saying sorry. The shit got defused and there was no fight but that line will stay with me forever.
Appreciate 2
      01-29-2018, 10:31 AM   #966
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:

There was a guy at my gym the other day doing one leg squats, on one of those half balance ball things with plates on each side... I was impressed personally. But then again, this guy obviously knew what he was doing.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 10:33 AM   #967
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
It is that time of the year again!!! You know what I'm talking about... Tis the season to load up on Test (500mg minimum) to be nice and jacked for the summer. This of course leads to some gym hilarity from people with short fuses who can't handle their juice.

Last Tuesday. Dude's gear is starting to kick in and he is in "the zone".. Goes grabs so weights and bumps a dud, which seems to knock him out of his "zone" and he does not say "sorry". Tempers flare and much like gorillas in the wild the two begin to square off with intimidating poses and poetry referencing the "fucking of ones mother". Eventually the guy that did the bumping pulls of some Sub-Zero freeze shit and stops everyone in their tracks. I kid you not the dude turned and simply said "mother fucker you don't know what I been through". We where all mind fucked after hearing that line. And I said to myself what ever the fuck he's been through seems to prevent him from saying sorry. The shit got defused and there was no fight but that line will stay with me forever.
You should have started your post with "Next week on Jersey Shore..."
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 3
      01-29-2018, 10:37 AM   #968
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You should have started your post with "Next week on Jersey Shore..."
This is like every gym in NJ now.