BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

07-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Kathryn D. Van Der Linden
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupé

Exclamation Brand Spankin' New 2003 M3!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
NEW PHOTOS UP!! Brand spankin' new 2003 BMW M3 Convertible in Titanium Silver/Black Top, 333HP, owned by a BMW CCA member. Beautifully equipped with Grey Nappa Leather interior with Shadow Trim, MSports Seats, M-SMG Gearbox, 18" M Alloys, Park-Distance Control, Xenons, Harmon-Kardon System/CD Changer. Absolutely new and pristine; stored, never registered; maintained and waxed better than regularly; Military-Euro-Purchase; driven only Port to Home, 176 miles total after mechanic's recent testing (all fluids/lines tested and approved, and high-octane racing fuel added during performance check)...she is running like a top and ready for sale. Great deal, huge savings over new, better performance. See photos (including TITLE, proof of mileage, VIN & VIN report) at http://gallery.me.com/vandrakes#100048. $45,000.00 OBO, plus shipping to your location. Please e-mail kgragido@hotmail.com.

The car is currently in California with owner's agent.

Attached Images

Last edited by Kathryn D. Van Der Linden; 08-01-2011 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: New Photos!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

a car that old with so few miles is actually a bad thing...none of the services were done, no warranty fixes...and it's out of warranty to so it'll be expensive to get the inspection 1 and 2 done

but amazing it has so few miles, that's for sure
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Beautiful car. GLWS.
      07-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #4
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Never registered? Stored for 8 years and waxed regularly? First post? I'm sorry if you are legit but something is fishy here. What BMW "enthusiast" buys an M3 convertible and then doesn't bother to register or drive it for 8 years!!!
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 05:38 AM   #5
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
and where is the glorious 169 miles dash board picture?
      07-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
AbuArije5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Non

probably forgot he had the car glws i never seen such miles
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #7
fullrev
2011 E92 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

did the car at least got 8 annual oil services??
      07-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

$45k for an 8 y/o car that's never been driven? Haha yea right.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Tuner1984
1 Stock M
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Slow

Garage List
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Notice he hasn't replied to any of the posts. 45k is ridiculous. With the fact it's been sitting for 8 years there definitely probably parts that need to get replaced due to the fact of usage.

Current: E46 M3
Retired: 2009 E90 AW M3
Retired: 2007 E90 AW 335i.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
pablo e92
Private
Rep
Drives: 13 335i MSport, 18 Corvette GS

whatDfook? I got to see how this turns out.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep

It is an internet scam IMO... you know, send money and it won't get cashed until you receive the car.

OP... if this isn't a scam, I apologize but this just seems to weird to be legit.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #12
Stay Frosty
Rep
Drives: 1997 328is

If it were a scam I think it would be more reasonably priced to actually attract buyers. 45k is like woooaah.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #13
avex8
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 m3, 15 F80 M3, GLC 63

LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #14
jpasiczn
Rep
Drives: Saab 95 Aero

Have a hard time believing this one. Plus as has been states, that poor engine sitting still with the oil from the factory? mehhh i would rather take a 40k mile example with all recommended services completed and documented.

Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #15
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Never registered? Stored for 8 years and waxed regularly? First post? I'm sorry if you are legit but something is fishy here. What BMW "enthusiast" buys an M3 convertible and then doesn't bother to register or drive it for 8 years!!!
^^^Yeah. How can you be an ENTHUSIAST without driving the damn car? Unless you have two?
      07-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #16
Kathryn D. Van Der Linden
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupé

Re: Brand Spankin' New 2003 M3!

Okay, I'm going to try to address all the following comments which actually are germane to this car's quality, legitimacy and sale:

a car that old with so few miles is actually a bad thing...none of the services were done, no warranty fixes...and it's out of warranty to so it'll be expensive to get the inspection 1 and 2 done

but amazing it has so few miles, that's for sure

Wow, sir; with all due respect, you're certainly assuming a lot in your comment. You are correct in that it's out of the original factory warranty.

The car has been started/maintained regularly. Miss Gragido just finished rebuilding her '88 M3 in her garage, and has forgotten more about how to take care of a car than I've known in my life (though, to be fair, that's not saying much...I don't KNOW that much.)

She started the car a couple of days ago before formally listing it, and it started immediately.

Beautiful car. GLWS.

Thanks so much...it's nice to have a constructive/positive comment in these forums...lots of cynicism and negativity out there!

Not that you deserve an explanation, Maj, but since I've been busy on other forums answering the same type of nasty insinuations and comments about my/the seller's integrity, I'll answer you, too.

The most important reply I have to "something is fishy here" (and none of you can know this until I tell you) is that I am an active-duty Air Force Colonel (O6) hospital administrator and Iraq combat trauma hospital veteran. The one word I hope defines me is "INTEGRITY." My eBay name is "vandrake74." Please check my feedbacks there. I am helping my friend, an Air National Guard SNCO who bought the car while deployed in Germany, sell it. SHE has more integrity in her pinkie fingernail than most people I've met in my 25-year career. Just to clarify, I won't make ANY money on this "first post" as someone in another forum alleged. I AM someone who will do virtually anything to help out a friend, so I found ways to post her car. I'm about to retire from the Air Force and am on leave, so actually have time to look at time-eating, life-sucking stuff like this forum.

Miss Gragido bought the car to resell in CA, because at the time she deployed, CA was not charging sales tax to military personnel who shipped cars from overseas. When the car arrived at port, she took it to register it, only to find the law had just changed. For personal reasons NOT germane to selling the car or its authenticity, she elected to leave without registering the car, parked it in her driveway to try to sell with her partner, and was promptly deployed overseas again. While deployed, her partner bailed on her. So, guys, "life happens."

and where is the glorious 169 miles dash board picture?

Sir, thanks for asking; it is forthcoming, and it will have a current newspaper (or something similar) to prove the date.

probably forgot he had the car glws i never seen such miles

Not so much "forgot" as serving her country, but thanks!

did the car at least got 8 annual oil services??

Great question, and I'll check/post. Thanks!

$45k for an 8 y/o car that's never been driven? Haha yea right.

Nice, Lt! So don't buy it.

Notice he hasn't replied to any of the posts. 45k is ridiculous. With the fact it's been sitting for 8 years there definitely probably parts that need to get replaced due to the fact of usage.

Let's, see..."he" posted at somewhere around 3 a.m., and "he" had people scheduled to come to the house we're still moving into. "He" also has a husband and four children, i.e., a "LIFE."

Not that I care what you think about the price (because, after all, you DON'T have to buy it at ANY price), you probably should ask rather than make assumptions about maintenance/parts. See previous answers.

whatDfook? I got to see how this turns out.

Thanks! Me, too!

It is an internet scam IMO... you know, send money and it won't get cashed until you receive the car.

OP... if this isn't a scam, I apologize but this just seems to weird to be legit.

Maj, please read previous explanations. Not a scam, or joke, or anything other than what is posted. My friend and I accept your apology.

If it were a scam I think it would be more reasonably priced to actually attract buyers. 45k is like woooaah.

Thanks for being somewhat a "voice of reason!" Regarding the price, I'd like at least one person to assume this car is a well-maintained, BRAND-NEW-OFF-THE-MUNICH-ASSEMBLY-LINE 2003 M3. All that being said, nothing in the ad says the price is firm.

LOL

Given that only two people—the seller and I—know the circumstances surrounding this car, I'm glad you're amused.

Have a hard time believing this one. Plus as has been states, that poor engine sitting still with the oil from the factory? mehhh i would rather take a 40k mile example with all recommended services completed and documented.

Just my opinion

And clearly everybody has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
^^^Yeah. How can you be an ENTHUSIAST without driving the damn car? Unless you have two?

Funny thing about that, sir...as a deployed E7 in 2003 (with an '88 M3 at home in the garage, also currently for sale), she paid CASH (not that I need to clarify, but it was her OWN cash, not a bank's!) for THREE BMWs...two M3s and the Z4 she's driving right now. I hope my previous explanations fill in some of the blanks regarding her/my character. Perhaps now that I've really given far more information than is required to sell a car, the forum membership will behave like grown-ups and ask intelligent, germane questions about a very legitimate car sale.

Best regards to all,

Col Kathryn D. Van Der Linden, USAF
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

This is the most bizarre ad I've ever seen. And sorry, but what 'integrity' do you expect to have here with your first post, when the car is not yours, and it has NEVER been registered?

For starters, here are a few suggestions if you want to ever sell that car here:

1. The most important aspect: WHAT MSO IS BEING OFFERED? And the better question: CAN IT LEGALLY BE TITLED IN THE US when car is registered by a non-military owner? What's the VIN? Potential buyers need to do some serious research.
2. It'll NEVER sell for remotely close to $45K because it's NOT worth that. In fact, it's more than it cost new, and it'll never be a classic . You can buy a pristine E92 M3 under warranty for that.
3. What maintenance has been done to the car? Car better not have 8-yr old brake fluid and oil. The former would probably mean rusted (and very expensive) brake components due to inherent moisture absorption. And the latter would be like molasses by now, not providing critical lubrication due to thickening.
4. You should get ALL FLUIDS replaced AND all campaigns done; otherwise nobody is going to buy it.
5. Last but not least: This should be posted on the E46 forum.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-11-2011 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
avex8
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 m3, 15 F80 M3, GLC 63

wish i stayed in the air force ROTC, i didn't know you can make that much money in the military haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #19
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Col Van Der Linden... what you need to appreciate is that the shear number of internet car sale scams today results in a healthy dose of skepticism. When a new forum member posts what is, to say the least, a very unusual for sale thread, how can we not be skeptical in today's world of internet fraud? A word of advice... the next time you post this car for sale in another forum, maybe provide an explanation for some of the unusual items (non registration, incredibly low miles) and also address some of the maintenance concerns noted here as they are legitimate.

So, sorry for calling you out as a scam but I hope you can see why many of us were very skeptical.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #20
Darth335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3 ZCP

To OP - Col Kathryn D. Van Der Linden, USA

While it is extremely rare to find any 8 year old car with so few miles, the feedback that you are receiving is simply because the M3 enthusiast community does not place the same monetary value on that degree of rarity (for this specific M3), in terms of miles on the car. Presenting this car on ANY forum, let alone the most popular M3 forum, in such they way as it was presented, simply solicits question on its validity. You/the seller should not take personal offense to the comments made by other members because, quite frankly, they are rather warranted. More or less, people that are on this forum for any good length of time, and been part of the community, know the value of these cars quite well, and are more aware than most of their true values, relative to real world market/conditions.

I would suggest providing more information on the car when a sincere request is presented, rather then responding to the constant badgering that you will continue to receive when you retort to said posters in such a defensive way.

Specifically about the car, with having the fluids sitting/unchanged, and without the proper maintenance done, even if it was not driven, can be quite detrimental, so that is a major question that should be addressed. Proper proof of service should be provided. Overall, it is a beautiful car, and probably be held onto, sold to a true "collector", and not be solicited on a enthusiast forum; a disproportionate market is reflective here.

Good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #21
flightz71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

Car looks mint but right off the bat already post flaws..., it's a 2002 car in the pictures... SMG logo next to the shifter.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #22
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I had to do a double take at the location of this car, LOMPOC. I actually was born in Lompoc and my parents live in the Village which is 5 minutes outside of lompoc. Is this car located in Lompoc or are you stationed at VAFB? Either way GLWS

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!

Last edited by GOLFFRR; 07-11-2011 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread