BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

11-06-2018, 07:03 AM   #67
cjm41
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Land Rover LR4  [0.00]
@Primitive_ty

Look who's back!

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=221765603
      11-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #68
TARZANMMA
Registered
Rep
Drives: Various BMW Perf Variants

scammed by these miscreants

I was victimized by this same group. Their MO was the same: they used a real dealership in CT (Victory AutoSales) as their brick & mortar address and cover legend, and built a website portraying themselves as an indie dealer of performance cars. All comms were diverted to thickly-accented "Robert" at a Connecticut phone number.

Primitive, I believe I know the name behind the scam. I think that he's a Latvian or Estonian based in or around Plantation, FL and he seems to be involved in a number of criminal enterprises all based on a common wire fraud chassis.
Everything this guy does looks fucking shady. I also think that something occurred which caused Wells Fargo to lock down the perp's business account(s) within the last few weeks.

With the skillsets and talent represented here, perhaps we can make life unpleasant for these disgusting people.
Appreciate 1
oolas3388.00
      11-14-2018, 11:15 AM   #69
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
I used to live over in Fairfield, CT. about an hour towards New York from Milford.

Naugatuck Ave in Milford is specifically known for being a haven of shady car dealers. There are 20+ buy here, pay here dealers all on the same road selling re-branded salvage vehicles and stolen cars.

A few years back I went to look at a 997 911 with 22k on the clock listed for just $35,000, at a dealership just an arms reach away from Victory Auto Sales. While they did have the vehicle in their possession, they presented a sparkly clean Carfax report showing just 2 owners, and mileage checks out. Upon further research online, I came across the true Carfax highlighting a salvage title, 4 owners, and close to 80k miles.

I would caution anyone looking to buy in that area to stay away as its a very shady ring of car dealers.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #70
TARZANMMA
Registered
Rep
Drives: Various BMW Perf Variants

Mr. Gatsby, you live very close to me!

This scam was different: a Florida-based group put up a website with the physical address being listed as "Victory AutoSales" in Milford. They had a catalogue of exciting performance cars at great-but-not-impossible prices.

The contact info listed on the website went straight to the bad guys. The target demographic was people who might buy that kind of car sight-unseen. All discussion and negotiation was with a guy calling himself "Robert". Robert has a strong Eastern European accent.

I have some smoking gun stuff on who this guy is (he made a few mistakes). He probably runs a number of similar sites, generally looking to grab deposits or whatever else he can.

Primitive, I spoke with John the real dealer today and he asked you to call him at your convenience. He has my contact information as well and we can probably compare notes off-line. Local and federal LE are involved in this case. I'm hoping to compile a list of anti-scam SOPs that can be run almost mechanically to prevent this type of criminal from ever being able to survive.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #71
cjm41
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Land Rover LR4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARZANMMA View Post
Mr. Gatsby, you live very close to me!

This scam was different: a Florida-based group put up a website with the physical address being listed as "Victory AutoSales" in Milford. They had a catalogue of exciting performance cars at great-but-not-impossible prices.

The contact info listed on the website went straight to the bad guys. The target demographic was people who might buy that kind of car sight-unseen. All discussion and negotiation was with a guy calling himself "Robert". Robert has a strong Eastern European accent.

I have some smoking gun stuff on who this guy is (he made a few mistakes). He probably runs a number of similar sites, generally looking to grab deposits or whatever else he can.

Primitive, I spoke with John the real dealer today and he asked you to call him at your convenience. He has my contact information as well and we can probably compare notes off-line. Local and federal LE are involved in this case. I'm hoping to compile a list of anti-scam SOPs that can be run almost mechanically to prevent this type of criminal from ever being able to survive.
I'm a web developer and systems admin. I used to work for ((redacted)) so I'm good at piecing data together. Over the last year I've become extremely interested in consumer protection (after I was attacked by two Amazon delivery drivers) so I'm all about being a total dick online until I feel vindicated.

I would burn some free time to make the life of a scam artist difficult for sure.