BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #89
SQ5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10 Gen 2, Tesla Plaid

max lifetime launch limit?? Not cool
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #90
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

6,2 l with 460hp vs 4l with 420 hp...
When we take into account hp/l we can see what an "advanced" engine the 'vette has
Let's not take into account the real sport cars from Europe like 458 Italia, etc.
For sure C7 has a better interior but how can you compare it with the one found in an European car ?!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #91
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
I call BS on this in particular "corvette VS M3" comparo...

Sounds like Chevrolet promo.

Why compare 2-seater roadster corvette to a 4-seater E92 M3?

and how about 5 seater, 4 door E90 M3?
Why would a roadster be compared to that?
How about Chevy sticks their Vett up their @ and compare it to MB SL???

... and No Farewell to M3!
M3 is around and about and back with major upgrades and with sister M4 in just a few months!

M3 FTW!!!

(end rant)
Wow, you sound a little insecure. If you think this comparo is a staged promo, read some of the other C7 reviews to get an idea of its performance. Also, this particular C7 is not a roadster, it is a coupe with a targa top. As many other posters pointed out, this comparison is to show how well the existing benchmark performance of the old M3 compares to the new kid on the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Bubble View Post
I never cross-shop between a BMW and a Corvette
Same goes to the BMW vs. Porsche.
Nonetheless, nice car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainkirk View Post
Why do they Insist on comparing apples and oranges?

As far as comparisons go, why does everything have to be exact? Both cars are 2-door, RWD coupes with naturally aspirated V8 engines and great performance. That seems like reason enough for comparison to me. For some people, a back seat may not be a consideration, so they may be comparing other things like performance, value, comfort, luxury etc.
      09-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #92
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
So because BMW put this small V8 on our cars. we know cant compare the M3 to anything that has a big V8 ?

kind of a narrow minded comment ?

They compare these cars for fun, they are both expensive sports cars. might not be direct competitors though.
Agreed and not, when cars get compared they test usually in the same range of engine , in this case 4.0 L,like for example Audi RS4 !
The word compare speaks for itself, and when you say compare for fun,lets get a Bugatti Veyron and pull again a ///M3 ....this would be rediculous
Anyway i know what you want to say,but sorry it's not the way i think personal about comparing and testing cars

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #93
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Agreed and not, when cars get compared they test usually in the same range of engine , in this case 4.0 L,like for example Audi RS4 !
The word compare speaks for itself, and when you say compare for fun,lets get a Bugatti Veyron and pull again a ///M3 ....this would be rediculous
Anyway i know what you want to say,but sorry it's not the way i think personal about comparing and testing cars
I agree in that the RS5 is the best comparison car. but again i feel its good that we compare the M3 to cars like corvette, CTS V, AMG models etc

only because they are in same price range, and people looking to spend that amount of money can get a better direction of what car suits them better. I am telling you this as its a fact. most people have a set price range they would like to spend. they look at cars within that price range. i was looking at a GT500 and M3.

someone buying a corvette may also be looking at a M3. Its nice to be able to read a head to head review. looking at performance, engine, luxury, and everyday use. does that make sense ?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #94
Mookster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 ZR1 & 2020 Supra GR LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
6,2 l with 460hp vs 4l with 420 hp...
When we take into account hp/l we can see what an "advanced" engine the 'vette has
Let's not take into account the real sport cars from Europe like 458 Italia, etc.
For sure C7 has a better interior but how can you compare it with the one found in an European car ?!
Thats why Vette gets 22mpg average and E9X gets 12 to 14mpg on average.
      09-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #95
Mookster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 ZR1 & 2020 Supra GR LE

Quote:

only because they are in same price range, and people looking to spend that amount of money can get a better direction of what car suits them better. I am telling you this as its a fact. most people have a set price range they would like to spend. they look at cars within that price range. i was looking at a GT500 and M3.

someone buying a corvette may also be looking at a M3. Its nice to be able to read a head to head review. looking at performance, engine, luxury, and everyday use. does that make sense ?
This is very, very true.
      09-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #96
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Who care how big the engine is!!!

What is important is the end result : performance, handling, fuel efficiency...

Anyone who thinks that 2 cars can not be compared because their engine size are not identical does not know anything about cars!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #97
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I agree in that the RS5 is the best comparison car. but again i feel its good that we compare the M3 to cars like corvette, CTS V, AMG models etc

Yes this make sense.....but i can tell you that when you are talking about price range in your case this will work,but here in Belgium not !
Why ?
Like i told before in this threat (see # 52) a ///M3 taxes costs for 10 year will cost me 25,000 Euro's >>> $ 33,455 USD !
And when you say a Merc AMG is in the same price range,i need to say again...not here my friend !
Why?
A friend of my his father has a AMG....and for him the taxes are even worse !
Here they count the fiscal HP and for AMG its almost $48,000 USD !!!
I think that counts man !
Another example is the brother of my aunt...AW.///M6 limited edituon competion and it is a company car....bad luck man...last year a new tax law....company cars = taxes....X 2= ....$96,000 USD almost the new price of the car and he has asked now to pay the taxes every month and is thinking now to sell the car ,and when i payed my tax last month it feels the same as....burning the money with fire.....you get nothing for it !
And when we want to sell our car...we find no person to buy it...you know now.....the taxes of performance cars !
And thats why i say.... price range in your case(not ours) and we need to think further.....the taxes of this F@CKING country and i said it yesterday in # 52 and i say it today again....for taxes alone....GOD BLESS AMERICA because everything is made from gold here !!!
Conclusion...when we can afford something like a ///M3 it was here 108,000 Euros without taxes>>>$ 145,000USD we get punished by the taxes
So Ezio ...hope that this clears out our situation in this amazing BS country !!!

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #98
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes this make sense.....but i can tell you that when you are talking about price range in your case this will work,but here in Belgium not !
Why ?
Like i told before in this threat (see # 52) a ///M3 taxes costs for 10 year will cost me 25,000 Euro's >>> $ 33,455 USD !
And when you say a Merc AMG is in the same price range,i need to say again...not here my friend !
Why?
A friend of my his father has a AMG....and for him the taxes are even worse !
Here they count the fiscal HP and for AMG its almost $48,000 USD !!!
I think that counts man !
Another example is the brother of my aunt...AW.///M6 limited edituon competion and it is a company car....bad luck man...last year a new tax law....company cars = taxes....X 2= ....$96,000 USD almost the new price of the car and he has asked now to pay the taxes every month and is thinking now to sell the car ,and when i payed my tax last month it feels the same as....burning the money with fire.....you get nothing for it !
And when we want to sell our car...we find no person to buy it...you know now.....the taxes of performance cars !
And thats why i say.... price range in your case(not ours) and we need to think further.....the taxes of this F@CKING country and i said it yesterday in # 52 and i say it today again....for taxes alone....GOD BLESS America because everything is made from gold here !!!
Conclusion...when we can afford something like a ///M3 it was here 108,000 Euros without taxes>>>$ 145,000USD we get punished by the taxes
So Ezio ...hope that this clears out our situation in this amazing BS country !!!
well i understand, and sorry for not reading the whole thread.

although also keep in mind, the Edmund review was done by Americans in the US. so thats why it also made more sense for them.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #99
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Meh. It comes down to this:

Ginger or Mary Ann?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #100
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
well i understand, and sorry for not reading the whole thread.

although also keep in mind, the Edmund review was done by Americans in the US. so thats why it also made more sense for them.
It's ok man....actualy i realy like you ,but not the taxes here

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #101
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Shipping of this beast of a car has now begun according to Autoblog.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #102
Da Hapa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Who cares if the M3 lost? I love mine and like seeing it still being compared to the leading performance cars out there.

Some of you are really insecure.
A-freaking-men.

The C7 is one hell of a performance car, at any price. Factor in the actual MSRP and it's a SCREAMING bargain. Not something I'm likely to buy but why can't was as car enthusiasts simply tip our cap, recognize that a really good Corvette will likely only improve our other choices and move on?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #103
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
There are a lot of biased BMW fans that are on this forum that will tell you all day they would never buy a C7, and there is nothing wrong with that. But in the real world I can tell you that many people including myself are seriously considering this car for the first time ever. The performance and technology you get at this price its like a no brainer. Even a 1LT with almost nothing in it is under $55,000 MSRP and there wont be a mark up like the M3/M4 will most certainly have.

Is the new M3/M4 in trouble of getting great numbers of sold units? Absolutely NOT! That being said will the C7 Corvette Stingray affect those numbers? It Absolutely will! You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Ask me 7 years ago if I would consider a corvette and I would tell you something like it's an American piece of crap with cheap interior for old men so hell no. A lot has happened in the past 7 years. The paradigm has completely changed and I think I'm going to get C7 next year. My first choice was the 2014 Z4 sDrive35is but the C7 will be a much more focused and fun car to own. It helps that I get GMS pricing also

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #104
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
There are a lot of biased BMW fans that are on this forum that will tell you all day they would never buy a C7, and there is nothing wrong with that. But in the real world I can tell you that many people including myself are seriously considering this car for the first time ever. The performance and technology you get at this price its like a no brainer. Even a 1LT with almost nothing in it is under $55,000 MSRP and there wont be a mark up like the M3/M4 will most certainly have.

Is the new M3/M4 in trouble of getting great numbers of sold units? Absolutely NOT! That being said will the C7 Corvette Stingray affect those numbers? It Absolutely will! You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Ask me 7 years ago if I would consider a corvette and I would tell you something like it's an American piece of crap with cheap interior for old men so hell no. A lot has happened in the past 7 years. The paradigm has completely changed and I think I'm going to get C7 next year. My first choice was the 2014 Z4 sDrive35is but the C7 will be a much more focused and fun car to own. It helps that I get GMS pricing also
really glad to here this. I hope a lot and lots of people buy this vette.

Good for USA, and good for maybe reducing the amount of people buying german brands (so my german car will be less common) . its a win win for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #105
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

I'm not a huge fan of the styling of this gen vette inside or out. The best styling improvement is the new seats that are available.

Clearly the best tech from the z06 (mag shocks) has been brought to the base c7 which is awesome.

I love that the vette is stepping up its game, and this is good for performance cars in general.

For me, the car to own is the c6 z06. Badass looks, performance and great price point used.

Look forward to how insane the c7 z06 will be
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #106
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
^^ It will be called the Z07 as its the 7th generation Vette. I'm looking forward to it also as well as what the ZR1 will be able to do.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #107
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

I HIGHLY doubt it will be called Z07. Z07 was a performance code for the Z06. The Z06 is its own model. Z06 was a code back in 1963.

The RPO Z06 package first offered on ’63 models included a 20 percent larger diameter front antiroll bar, a vacuum brake booster, a dual master cylinder, sintered-metallic brake linings within power-assisted Al-Fin drums cooled by front air scoops and vented backing plates, larger diameter shocks and springs nearly twice as stiff as standard.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/specs/...6History.shtml
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #108
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Yes... I'm lucky (and won't be able to retire until I'm 83 ). I love cars... fast cars... nice cars... sporty cars. The C7 will be fun. My eyes will then be on an M4 for a DD... and maybe a C7 Z06 I think I mean 91 for retirement
Haha, you're just being modest.

It's great you have fond memories of your M3 and are considering the next one. I still can't get over my M. Very impressed with the C7. Will look for your pics.
      09-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #109
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
I HIGHLY doubt it will be called Z07. Z07 was a performance code for the Z06. The Z06 is its own model. Z06 was a code back in 1963.

The RPO Z06 package first offered on ’63 models included a 20 percent larger diameter front antiroll bar, a vacuum brake booster, a dual master cylinder, sintered-metallic brake linings within power-assisted Al-Fin drums cooled by front air scoops and vented backing plates, larger diameter shocks and springs nearly twice as stiff as standard.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/specs/...6History.shtml
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/08/...ed-z07-report/

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #110
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. I sure hope not though.
Appreciate 0