BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

EXXEL Distributions

07-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #23
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

going this weekend. 7/12-13
      07-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #24
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

going next weekend too. 7/20-21
      07-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #25
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
going next weekend too. 7/20-21
I would love to go but Afghanistan kind of gets in the way. BTW, take my car out of your sig....hahaha!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #26
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
I would love to go but Afghanistan kind of gets in the way. BTW, take my car out of your sig....hahaha!
afghanistanring then.
I like MY old car in the picture.

stay safe! where are your keys, i'll keep the M3 warm for you
      07-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #27
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

ok, new plan. 7/27-28 Nürburgring. lets have a big group. M5's M3's. 1M's. 135i. 128i. porsche. vw. mustang. viper. dodge. triumph. honda. beamer. scooter. whatever. come on out. lets have fun. new to the track. let me know. be glad to show you around safely. its great fun. on and off the course.
      07-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #28
My Schnell
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 6MT / Gen II Raptor

Going Sunday, 7/21. Anyone else?
2009 E90 ///M3 SG Fox Red 6MT Slicktop, AA X-pipe w/straight pipes w/Eisenmann Sport, Dinan intake, AA Pulley, ZCP strut retro w/Dinan Stage III susp, BPM Stage II tune, Rear Fog LCI switch, BMW Edition Front & Side Grill/Gill, Thrust Arm Monoball, Solid Subframe Bushes, Black 19x9.5/10.5 APEX PS-7s, Vibra-Technics engine mounts, Auto Solutions shifter 20% throw, WPC treated Rod Bearings & AiB v4-Now, Not Wife approved!!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #29
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

great day last saturday. sunny. dry. warm. not too crowded. had to deflate Pilot SS down by 15 psi. the track temps made tires greasy and very drifty.

08-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #30
335igawnM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 red

Anyone planning to go in September? That's when I go on leave...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 01:36 AM   #31
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335igawnM3 View Post
Anyone planning to go in September? That's when I go on leave...
I have another Nurburgring thread in the UK section you should check out. They said they were going around the 15th.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #32
cprx7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i;

I'm leaving for Munich tomorrow any events going on this weekend??
      08-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #33
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have another Nurburgring thread in the UK section you should check out. They said they were going around the 15th.
I have a race on the 14th there. who needs tickets?
driving clio cup.
      08-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #34
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I have a race on the 14th there. who needs tickets?
driving clio cup.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #35
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

going to be there this sunday all day. anyone else?
      09-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #36
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

be there sunday, Sep 15th all day.
      09-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #37
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
be there sunday, Sep 15th all day.
Won't be there anytime this season but I will have a set of KW Clubsport 3-ways for next season!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #38
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Won't be there anytime this season but I will have a set of KW Clubsport 3-ways for next season!
waste of money.
      09-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #39
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
waste of money.
Care to elaborate?
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #40
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
waste of money.
Already done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Care to elaborate?
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #41
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Wish I could join in!
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #42
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Anyone going to the Ring next Sunday?
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #43
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ian you should know exactly why as i have explained it to you before. Bluntly put you did not understand the suspension settings on your STI and i'm fairly confident that was a contributing factor to your "move" to a different car. At the apex of wipperman there is a nice bump and you probably bounced off your bumpstop causing instantaneous 100% traction front right wheel and 0 on your rear left causing you to spin. If you had stock suspension you probably would still be driving your STI.

Second point. Too many times i have met students obsessed with their suspension settings versus just concentrating on driving. i guarantee you will waste a lot of time changing bump rebound and rate and not show any improvement in your time. which brings me to my other point. worse case is you set the shocks too firm and you blow a seal on them ruining the shock on your first lap out and then you are really going to be pissed.

the ring is a very rough track. even the stiffest setting on edc i find you have less traction as the car hops around a lot. if you are worried about ultimate lap times you will crash the car. not a matter of if….its when and how serious. when you want to switch to triple adjustable suspension which isn't even legal for half the field in the VLN it should be because you have extracted every last inch of performance from your car and you are competing.

If its just for fun, then I say again, its a waste of money. but its your hard earned cash and you certainly earned it. enjoy in good health. that money would be better spent on tuition at scuderia hanseat. that school alone will probably net you the single biggest improvement in your driving technique and resultant lap time over all the mods you could possibly do to the car.

If you are dead set on suspension change i would go with H&R. they have a fixed rate coil over suspension developed specifically for the nurburgring. and if it works well at the ring, its probably not going to be too bad at just about any track out there.
      09-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #44
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ian you should know exactly why as i have explained it to you before. Bluntly put you did not understand the suspension settings on your STI and i'm fairly confident that was a contributing factor to your "move" to a different car. At the apex of wipperman there is a nice bump and you probably bounced off your bumpstop causing instantaneous 100% traction front right wheel and 0 on your rear left causing you to spin. If you had stock suspension you probably would still be driving your STI.

Second point. Too many times i have met students obsessed with their suspension settings versus just concentrating on driving. i guarantee you will waste a lot of time changing bump rebound and rate and not show any improvement in your time. which brings me to my other point. worse case is you set the shocks too firm and you blow a seal on them ruining the shock on your first lap out and then you are really going to be pissed.

the ring is a very rough track. even the stiffest setting on edc i find you have less traction as the car hops around a lot. if you are worried about ultimate lap times you will crash the car. not a matter of if….its when and how serious. when you want to switch to triple adjustable suspension which isn't even legal for half the field in the VLN it should be because you have extracted every last inch of performance from your car and you are competing.

If its just for fun, then I say again, its a waste of money. but its your hard earned cash and you certainly earned it. enjoy in good health. that money would be better spent on tuition at scuderia hanseat. that school alone will probably net you the single biggest improvement in your driving technique and resultant lap time over all the mods you could possibly do to the car.

If you are dead set on suspension change i would go with H&R. they have a fixed rate coil over suspension developed specifically for the nurburgring. and if it works well at the ring, its probably not going to be too bad at just about any track out there.
I understand where you are coming from with the input above. On the other hand I have learned my lesson with the previous incident on my STi at the Wipperman. I have now put myself in the position of attempting as many air field courses as possible along with taking advice from a good friend that has been doing laps with me to help my over all performance. He is an outstanding driver and I take his advice very seriously as I would yours. As for the suspension, I am not caught up on my suspension. I am going to be using a legitimate setup this time given to me by knowledgeable people. I have yet to even touch my fastest STi time with the M3 because I am taking it slower and focusing more on driving the car before even really thinking mostly about time. I focus much more on my tire pressure this time compared to before and this also has made a huge difference in my performance and confidence. The suspension is a huge advantage to increasing the cars over all performance, would you not agree?

I appreciate your concern but I can assure you that I am not diving head first into this one. I am even working on a set of wheels to increase over all size but stick as close to OEM dimensions as possible. One thing I am not doing is buying a SC and going crazy.
Appreciate 0