BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-23-2023, 10:13 PM   #1
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

A few Active Auto Video's and Review

Its always hard buying an exhaust from reading Internet threads. Figured I'd post my thoughts on the AA.

I've had an MPE, e-Sport, e-Race, and AA rear then full AA w HFC.

It was by far my favorite sounding out of all of them, with a small flaw.

The problem with the S65 is you need to be on it to get the great sounds. I wanted to hear some nice, exotic sounds at lower speeds. What happened is after owning an S85 M5, M6, and multiple R8 V10's I am obsessed over the V10 "hum" and howl you get at low speeds. The full AA gives you some of these vibes and sounds, a low pitch exotic howl. Its like 3900 rpm MPE howl everybody loves, but the AA gives it to you from 1k rpm to 4k rpm driving at lower speeds - love it. Then it gets pretty rowdy up high. TBH its almost too rowdy, as it drowns out the intake noise a bit more than I would like. In summary, I'd give it high marks for the nice exotic sounds. It sounds great inside the cabin, but its 2x louder on the outside. Check out the video below, you can hear it from far away - it has prescence but not over the top. I loved it.

The downside was some drone on the highway, it got old after 20 min on the highway, trying to stay out of the "drone zone". I don't do any highway driving, so not an issue for me. Also there's some "boominess" around 2k in acceleration. The perfect fix would have been a valved system like in newer cars, however I don't think that's an option on the e9x.

Well, hope this helps those who are looking. The 2nd video the GoPro settings were on the wrong mic setting, so it came out a bit static. Sucks, since I didn't realize it until I sold the car. I have more footage if anybody wants me to post anyting specific.

After watching these videos... reminds me of how awesome the AA sounds what a beast

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS

Last edited by Damage Inc; 05-23-2023 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: a
Appreciate 0