BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #133
simonelwell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05) 30d M Sport

Washing frozen bronze

Does anyone know whether the fluids / solutions typically used in commercial hand car washes are OK on a BMW frozen colour.

I've just ordered a 4 series in frozen bronze - for the last 5 years I've taken my 3 series to a local hand car wash - they use pressure sprays (but not too close) then wash the car with mitts and leather dry. Not sure what chemicals they use though - presume it's normal car shampoo.

Obviously I can ask them... but I wonder what others' experience is..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #134
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonelwell View Post
Does anyone know whether the fluids / solutions typically used in commercial hand car washes are OK on a BMW frozen colour.

I've just ordered a 4 series in frozen bronze - for the last 5 years I've taken my 3 series to a local hand car wash - they use pressure sprays (but not too close) then wash the car with mitts and leather dry. Not sure what chemicals they use though - presume it's normal car shampoo.

Obviously I can ask them... but I wonder what others' experience is..
As long as the product they use don't contain any wax filler. Based on that, I would have to guess no you can't use them anymore because most (if not all) car wash places use shampoo that contains wax as that gives the car the extra shine that pleases customers.

I would try to avoid getting the car wash by someone else. You should note that scratches on matte paint can't be polished out like regular paint. Therefore I don't even let the dealer wash my car after service. Just less headache in my opinion, because if I scratch my car when washing then it is my fault and I can only blame myself. If someone else scratches it then there will be lots of blaming, arguing and back and forth since the only solution would be a repaint.
Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN1179.50
      03-03-2018, 04:22 PM   #135
tcieslew
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen White M3

Frozen White Touch Up

I have a Frozen White car and I am looking for some touch up paint for it. I went to the dealer and they said it was a Euro only item. Do any of you guys know a way I can get my hands on some OEM paint or if there is a good 3rd party source? Also do the OEM frozen touch ups come with the paint and a separate clear coat?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #136
donut_boi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M DGM

Checking in with a 13' Frozen White...I have used Chemical Guy's product to maintain the finish of the car. I have also applied Xpel Stealth matte PPF so now I'm even less worried about rock chips, bird droppings, etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #137
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcieslew View Post
I have a Frozen White car and I am looking for some touch up paint for it. I went to the dealer and they said it was a Euro only item. Do any of you guys know a way I can get my hands on some OEM paint or if there is a good 3rd party source? Also do the OEM frozen touch ups come with the paint and a separate clear coat?
Frozen White uses the Mineral White base paint. So just get the touch up for Mineral White but just use the base color only and not the clear coat so that you don't add gloss to the spot you are touching up
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #138
tcieslew
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut_boi View Post
Quote:
Frozen White uses the Mineral White base paint. So just get the touch up for Mineral White but just use the base color only and not the clear coat so that you don't add gloss to the spot you are touching up
Is there anyway to get the matte clear coat?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #139
CHE///MIST3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT Space/Black

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Is there anyway to get the matte clear coat?

I've used Urekem paints before on some exterior parts. Its very durable and sprays well, but you need to practice on some test panels first to make sure you will get the finish you want. There are quart-sizes available for sale on eBay. You can also call them and explain what you're looking do.

http://www.urekem-paints.com/low-gloss-car-paint

GM
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #140
ThePoonTang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut_boi View Post
Checking in with a 13' Frozen White...I have used Chemical Guy's product to maintain the finish of the car. I have also applied Xpel Stealth matte PPF so now I'm even less worried about rock chips, bird droppings, etc...
I am very interested in seeing if the PPF changed the look of the frozen white paint. I have a frozen edition myself and About an 1.5 hours way from you. Would / if we happen to cross paths at any meets or cruises, I would love to see your car with the PPF.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #141
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoonTang View Post
I am very interested in seeing if the PPF changed the look of the frozen white paint. I have a frozen edition myself and About an 1.5 hours way from you. Would / if we happen to cross paths at any meets or cruises, I would love to see your car with the PPF.
Yes most definitely, PM me your contact info
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #142
gavinsan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Anyone have the exact paint code for frozen brilliant white
Appreciate 0