BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #111
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Yes... waiting!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #112
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
I partially agree. You are right about the complexity of BMW's marketing and so on.
But,pls take a look here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=csl
more than 99.000 views for something that should not be sold in Usa looks amazing to my eyes. In other words I mean that a "good new" should be always a good new for real Bimmers,not? Just my opinion.
It's not exactly 'good new' in my eyes, when I'm getting screwed over...AGAIN.

This will be like the 8th or 9th special edition M3 that I won't even have a shot at buying. And I'm supposed to be happy about that?

Look, everyone likes to see something new come out from time-to-time.

But I can't stand it when a company makes a unique product, then tells a certain market >>>> :finger:

This has been happening to us here in the United States, since we were denied the chance to purchase the Special Edition EVO 1 E30 M3 in the late 1980's.

Sorry if that comes off the wrong way, but I'm tired of getting the short end of the stick here.

Hopefully you can understand why I don't exactly feel like doing back flips, over the prospect of having to see history repeat itself...
      10-26-2009, 07:06 AM   #113
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousm3 View Post
Because of the GT3, I would be very surprised if we saw another CSL and it didn't make its way to the US.
THE CAR IS NOT COMING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. (in it's unaltered Euro-spec form)
      10-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #114
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
I have a pretty good idea as to what's about to happen and would like to say what I think is the reason for this but then people would accuse me of being something I'm not.

Anyway, it should be great news for all enthusiasts if it's true.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #115
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post

This will be like the 8th or 9th special edition M3 that I won't even have a shot at buying. And I'm supposed to be happy about that?

Look, everyone likes to see something new come out from time-to-time.

But I can't stand it when a company makes a unique product, then tells a certain market >>>> :finger:

This has been happening to us here in the United States, since we were denied the chance to purchase the Special Edition EVO 1 E30 M3 in the late 1980's.

Sorry if that comes off the wrong way, but I'm tired of getting the short end of the stick here.

Hopefully you can understand why I don't exactly feel like doing back flips, over the prospect of having to see history repeat itself...
LOL, in this post you do sound a bit like a spoiled kid(no offence meant just imho)

Do you know what a (loaded) E9x M3 costs in EU? Did you know a E46 CSL back in 2003 had a pricetag of 120,000 euros here in Holland?

That's about 179,000 dollars right now.

But no noffence intended, I hope you get what I mean...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #116
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
LOL, in this post you do sound a bit like a spoiled kid(no offence meant just imho)

Do you know what a (loaded) E9x M3 costs in EU? Did you know a E46 CSL back in 2003 had a pricetag of 120,000 euros here in Holland?

That's about 179,000 dollars right now.

But no noffence intended, I hope you get what I mean...
+1000000,

When you consider how cheap BMWs in general are in the US compared to Europe I would quite happily live with what was given.

P.S.

Though it's price didn't help the CSL as it did take an awful long time to sell out completely.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #117
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Good point.

In the US, there are plenty of higher performance offerings available, and most people in that market vote with their checkbooks at dealers other than BMW. Obviously, BMW knows this and is OK with it.
      10-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #118
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
... Someone deserves my respect and I don't want to betray him. But be sure, if he told me only lies, and nothing will happen in those dates, you will know the whole story and probably also his name. And I will be publicly stoned in this Forum...

You're sticking your neck out. I hope it's worth it for you. I wouldn't want you lose respect for your friend.

Quote:
I know...
Anyway ..I posted something into an M3 forum, probably because I am speaking about ...M3..
So, it's an M3 CSL, and of course we won't get it in US ... as usual?
      10-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #119
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
What a pitty to see some poor reactions. Now I know it was a mistake. But sure some of you know how much I was active in the past and some of you will remember pics taken at the Motorsport factory when for all of you the M3 was only a dream or something to wait for months.I don't pretend you remember the past, but I pretend the respect!
That's all guys, sorry to have taken your time. I don't think will be a big job for you to avoid this thread, right? do it...and to Jason, pls ban this poor Italian!!
I forgot to be into an "American" Forum. Sorry
Cazzo che roba..
Another unfortunate example of how this forum has changed. The old vets speak less, and the rude, abusive and uneducated seem to dominate. Same transition that has occurred over at e90post.......started out well, and just continues to deteriorate.

Some of us do remember the shots you provided, that you were one of (if not the) the first //M3 posted up on these boards, including the video drive you posted. There are many of us who appreciate your efforts and look forward to more news from you.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #120
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Guys, we're trying our best to keep threads like this on topic. Feel free to tell us if you have any suggestions to make this a better place for everyone, preferred via PM. However, let's get back to topic now, please.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #121
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Guys, we're trying our best to keep threads like this on topic. Feel free to tell us if you have any suggestions to make this a better place for everyone, preferred via PM. However, let's get back to topic now, please.

Best regards,
south
Sorry South, you are quite right. I deleted my latest post.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #122
DirtBag335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
A new injection system that has been mentioned in other threads quite alot but nobody seems to have put two and two together. I had a long talk with BMW factory reps the other day. They will come out with more changes than anyone is expecting with the LCI version coming in the Spring. Two things...first, the white M3 seen on the ring with the big "ugly" wing on the back that everyone was complaining about will become a reality. It is going to be limited production but from what I was told from "those in the know" at BMW corporate, it should be available as an option by the summer known as "HSP" or Hyper Sport Package. It will also include a special "aero nose cone". The injection systems is known as "KERS" or "Kerosene Enriched Rocket Solution". This solution was a real breakthrough and was developed in conjunction with NASA. BMW has estimated that these breakthroughs when combined will yield sub 10 second quarter mile times and shave at least 10 seconds off current ring times.

Well, I hope that clears everything up for all of you so now you don't have to wait for NOV 3 -8!

Cheers

Sub 10 second 1/4 mile? I don't think that is even close to accurate, that is what a veyron does on a good run. Would be pretty cool to see what they can do with KERS though.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #123
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:

Best regards,
south
Are you implying threads like this ever don't always stay on topic

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #124
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Are you implying threads like this ever don't always stay on topic

Cheers,
e46e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag335 View Post
Sub 10 second 1/4 mile? I don't think that is even close to accurate, that is what a veyron does on a good run. Would be pretty cool to see what they can do with KERS though.
I'm pretty sure he was just kidding.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #125
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Best regards,
south
Though I would like to say something here, a little respect and manners costs nothing and though some here might not agree with the way savage.ulm1 has presented this hint/info they should be thankful that it's coming at all. Maybe next time savage.ulm1 will keep what he knows to himself, and I wouldn't blame him.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #126
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag335 View Post
      10-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #127
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Wow, thanks for protecting me from getting my hopes up.

I would call you a few names but will refrain.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #128
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Wow, thanks for protecting me from getting my hopes up.

I would call you a few names but will refrain.
If things turn out to be true then it will be well worth the wait, and there will be no need for name calling.

Though I doubt it will make it Stateside.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #129
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
If things turn out to be true then it will be well worth the wait, and there will be no need for name calling.

Though I doubt it will make it Stateside.
It's not about if "things" turn out to be true or not...... it's about: don't speak until 1.) you know the facts 2.) you are able to share them. Young girls behave like this "i know a big secret..... but i can't tell."
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #130
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.AK View Post
It's not about if "things" turn out to be true or not...... it's about: don't speak until 1.) you know the facts 2.) you are able to share them. Young girls behave like this "i know a big secret..... but i can't tell."
You will learn that at times you have to hold your tongue and that's what he is having to do, not so much to annoy people but has been told things in confidence and is releasing as much as he dare. I know how that feels.

BMW have take such measures in direct reaction to the competition and in a few months you will know what I mean.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #131
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Giulia Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Just a present for you. A real M Le Mans...Just to relax a little..
Sorry for te bad quality of the pics...taken by a cell..

740 Hp...Unique prototype....

Last edited by savage.ulm1; 10-26-2009 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #132
southlight
Rep

Quote:
You will learn that at times you have to hold your tongue and that's what he is having to do, not so much to annoy people but has been told things in confidence and is releasing as much as he dare. I know how that feels.
Exactly.

Quote:
BMW have take such measures in direct reaction to the competition and in a few months you will know what I mean.
You know way more about Audi's future than me, but are they developing something "extreme"?

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0