BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #45
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
Maybe to you and me. Do all cultures share the same values? If a culture does not value hard work, you can't say that being lazy makes them inferior, only different. Unless you are suggesting that your values should trump their values. As if you know better. You know what that sounds like to me.? That's right. Racist.
Are you effing serious? Lol

We're sitting here talking about American culture in regards to black people and white people. Get out of here with your hypothetical mystery culture that doesn't value intelligence or work ethic. The parameters of who we're talking about are clearly defined and you know it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 06:22 PM   #46
iamwingman
Captain
Rep
Drives: m4

You didn't address what I wrote. That's ok. I think it went over your head. But let's cut to chase. You used this poll to say (your words,not mine), that not all racists are trump supporters. But if you are a trump supporter you are more likely to be racist. Would a trump supporter who is not racist be less reasonably offended than a black person when somebody tells them that not all murderers are black, but if you are black you are more likely to be a murderer? You are taking the exact same path and argument that real racists use to argue their superiority. Has that not occurred to you. Maybe you should slow down a little before throwing around your racism bs.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 06:31 PM   #47
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You didn't address what I wrote. That's ok. I think it went over your head. But let's cut to chase. You used this poll to say (your words,not mine), that not all racists are trump supporters. But if you are a trump supporter you are more likely to be racist. Would a trump supporter who is not racist be less reasonably offended than a black person when somebody tells them that not all murderers are black, but if you are black you are more likely to be a murderer? You are taking the exact same path and argument that real racists use to argue their superiority. Has that not occurred to you. Maybe you should slow down a little before throwing around your racism bs.
WTF are you talking about? The poll indicates that more Trump supporters hold racist views compared to supporters of other candidates. You then tried to throw up some hypothetical culture that doesn't view laziness or intelligence as a valued trait, so therefore you can't assume superiority/inferiority from that? Now you're incoherently rambling about people being offended about black people being or not being murderers? Your posts don't make much sense.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #48
iamwingman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
WTF are you talking about? The poll indicates that more Trump supporters hold racist views compared to supporters of other candidates. You then tried to throw up some hypothetical culture that doesn't view laziness or intelligence as a valued trait, so therefore you can't assume superiority/inferiority from that? Now you're incoherently rambling about people being offended about black people being or not being murderers? Your posts don't make much sense.
Like I said. Over your head. Ok then. The poll, to you at least, indicates what you say it indicates. What is your point? Serious question. Can you/ will you answer it. I'm sure you had a point, right?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 06:58 PM   #49
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Like I said. Over your head. Ok then. The poll, to you at least, indicates what you say it indicates. What is your point? Serious question. Can you/ will you answer it. I'm sure you had a point, right?
You really need me to explain a poll that to you is pretty self evident?

More Trump supporters harbor racist views than other candidates, which is a reflection of the candidate's views and rhetoric. You really can't figure that out on your own based on the poll?

Do I need to explain anything else to you?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #50
iamwingman
Captain
Rep

You didn't explain anything. I asked you what your point was in posting the poll. In creating this thread. You must have deducted something from this poll, and hoped others would have as well. What was it? Will you answer or are you going to play dumb.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 07:06 PM   #51
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You didn't explain anything. I asked you what your point was in posting the poll. In creating this thread. You must have deducted something from this poll, and hoped others would have as well. What was it? Will you answer or are you going to play dumb.
What is anyone's point in posting a thread? To elicit discussion about a topic. In this case to illustrate how Trump's views and rhetoric play to the racist views of his supporters. Now stop asking dumb questions.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 07:18 PM   #52
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36
Quote:
One poll is not the here all or be all in terms of being able to characterize people
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 07:24 PM   #53
iamwingman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What is anyone's point in posting a thread? To elicit discussion about a topic. In this case to illustrate how Trump's views and rhetoric play to the racist views of his supporters. Now stop asking dumb questions.
What rhetoric is that exactly? I don't remember trump casting aversions against black folk. He didn't have a big laugh about colored people time either.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 08:07 PM   #54
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
What rhetoric is that exactly? I don't remember trump casting aversions against black folk. He didn't have a big laugh about colored people time either.
Would you say it's reasonable that there is a strong, direct correlation between people who hate/fear/apprehensive towards Muslims and immigrants to people who tend to hold racist beliefs?

It's actually pretty funny that a couple of you refuse to believe this common sense thing that this poll found that should literally surprise no one.

I kind of get what you're getting at since the poll really doesn't have any real discussion points but there's not really much to discredit either. You could probably do a poll that shows that a higher proportion of Clinton supporters are massive PC pussies who believe in safe zones and/or want to expand welfare and/or want to ban all guns and think it's cool to get 8 month abortions but that doesn't mean EVERYONE thinks that.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 09:23 PM   #55
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

"There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics."
      06-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #56
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
There is so much disturbing information of this nature and the sad part is that only more will surface.

IMHO, the elephant in the room is being ignored: Large percentages of supporters in every camp harbor disturbingly racist (and uninformed) views.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #57
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Not necessarily, from a strictly statistical point of view, the intelligent bit is likely true, but NOT because black people are just genetically dumb or inferior, thinking that would make you racist.

Blacks, due to them having a higher rate of being in poverty than whites, have less access to quality education. Statistically, those in poverty, place less of an emphasis on education.

While a black kid and a white kid get similar test scores if they're in the same social class, just the fact that there's a massive income gap between whites and blacks, blacks are just at an socioeconomic and therefore education disadvantage.

Pointing that out isn't necessarily racists.

The violence thing could probably be linked to the disproportionate amount of black people in prison, again just because you point it out doesn't necessarily mean your racist, much in the same way it wouldn't necessarily be racist if you thought black people were better at basketball than white people or that white people were better at hockey than black people on average.

That said, it's not that far of a stretch to make the claim that Trump appeals to those who are more likely to be racist since he appeals to those disenfranchised folks who feel like people of other races are the cause of their problems.
I don't even have words for this. Learn the difference between educational attainment and intelligence. They are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 07:40 AM   #58
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I don't even have words for this. Learn the difference between educational attainment and intelligence. They are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.
Oh please you know what I meant, you took the parts in bold and ignored everything else to take it out of context. Am I racist now?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #59
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Is this guy for real? Just another racist pot stirrer is what OP is.

Let me guess, the "White Man" been keeping you down.

You can go interview 1k african americans and ask them the same questions about whites and I bet the results will be similar FYI.

Last edited by csu87; 06-30-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #60
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Poll Results
Do you have the raw data from the poll or just the results that were shaped into a race baiting graphic?

Looks like many more questions were asked in this poll, including the views on whites as well, but those didnt get published from what i can find.

Also, there is no list of demographics polled, so we have no idea if it was all whites, or just a random sample of supporters. With that, and the fact that nearly everyone with half a brain knows African Americans support hillary much more than Trump ( to the tune of 91% according to the latest real poll), these results are taken way out of context and prove nothing to the educated.
Appreciate 3
      06-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #61
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Do you have the raw data from the poll or just the results that were shaped into a race baiting graphic?

Looks like many more questions were asked in this poll, including the views on whites as well, but those didnt get published from what i can find.

Also, there is no list of demographics polled, so we have no idea if it was all whites, or just a random sample of supporters. With that, and the fact that nearly everyone with half a brain knows African Americans support hillary much more than Trump, these results are taken way out of context and prove nothing to the educated.
Remember, it does REQUIRE half a brain to know these things. So you get an idea of who they are pandering to with the "poll results".
      06-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #62
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Remember, it does REQUIRE half a brain to know these things. So you get an idea of who they are pandering to with the "poll results".
I just find it odd that most polls post full results with demographic breakdowns, but this poll is only showing select results with only 1 demographic breakdown.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #63
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is this guy for real? Just another racist pot stirrer is what OP is.

Let me guess, the "White Man" been keeping you down.

You can go interview 1k african americans and ask them the same questions about whites and I bet the results will be similar FYI.
So you're assuming I'm not white?

Quote:

Also, there is no list of demographics polled, so we have no idea if it was all whites, or just a random sample of supporters. With that, and the fact that nearly everyone with half a brain knows African Americans support hillary much more than Trump ( to the tune of 91% according to the latest real poll), these results are taken way out of context and prove nothing to the educated.

Aww, i'm sorry....does this upset you to know that the poll affirms beliefs about the racist views of Trump supporters? These results taken out of context? Lol...good one. Living in denial much?

The demographic was people over 18 across the U.S. Why would I have all the raw data? It's not my poll, it was pulled from Reuters and that's the graphic they put up

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0ZE2SW
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #64
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So you're assuming I'm not white?
Saying only non whites can be held down by the white man is racists

Quote:
Aww, i'm sorry....does this upset you to know that the poll affirms beliefs about the racist views of Trump supporters? These results taken out of context? Lol...good one. Living in denial much?

The demographic was people over 18 across the U.S. Why would I have all the raw data? It's not my poll, it was pulled from Reuters and that's the graphic they put up

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0ZE2SW
not sure if serious or trolling....

there is no context to the poll with no background data and only select data pulled from it to shape an agenda. That is what I am saying.

Add to it the graphic states that 7,800 people were polled, where the article states 16,000 were polled, and you can see why the intelligent here are questioning the poll vs believing it as the end all be all.

33% of all whites in the poll had the same "racist" views. Since trump only has 1% of the African American Vote, (http://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/qu...ReleaseID=2363 what a real poll with results looks like btw), you can infer that a similar number of white Trump Supporters and White Hillary Supporters have the same views, since there is no data to back up the claims.

This poll also had Bernie Supporters, which most are now Hillary supporters, and had results for the same questions asked, but did not list them in the graphic. There are so many inconsistencies and omissions from the graphic to be able to conclude anything other than Reuters wanted a click bait headline and article to trick the ignorant into believing.

Based on your other arguments youve had, you are only capable of reading one source and believing everything it says vs critically thinking and analyzing the source and its content. Hopefully one day you will learn this skill and you wont have to rely on what other people tell you to believe.
Appreciate 4
      06-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #65
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Saying only non whites can be held down by the white man is racists

not sure if serious or trolling....

there is no context to the poll with no background data and only select data pulled from it to shape an agenda. That is what I am saying.

Add to it the graphic states that 7,800 people were polled, where the article states 16,000 were polled, and you can see why the intelligent here are questioning the poll vs believing it as the end all be all.

33% of all whites in the poll had the same "racist" views. Since trump only has 1% of the African American Vote, (http://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/qu...ReleaseID=2363 what a real poll with results looks like btw), you can infer that a similar number of white Trump Supporters and White Hillary Supporters have the same views, since there is no data to back up the claims.

This poll also had Bernie Supporters, which most are now Hillary supporters, and had results for the same questions asked, but did not list them in the graphic. There are so many inconsistencies and omissions from the graphic to be able to conclude anything other than Reuters wanted a click bait headline and article to trick the ignorant into believing.

Based on your other arguments youve had, you are only capable of reading one source and believing everything it says vs critically thinking and analyzing the source and its content. Hopefully one day you will learn this skill and you wont have to rely on what other people tell you to believe.
I didn't need this poll to form my beliefs, it simply affirmed what I already believed based on everything I've seen this election cycle. If you can honestly sit here and say that you don't feel Trump supporters harbor any more racist/bigoted/xenophobic views than other candidate's supporters, it seems you're truly living in denial.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #66
John Tanglewood
Porn Star
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: '15 yaaaas

This thread is kind of poop. It was created for trolling and if it weren't, I'm not sure what ///WORK-F36 expected was going to happen lol.

Everyone is racist and prejudice to some extent. Moving on.