BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

remember the trunk supplies.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #24
Edjay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002

Don't rent a truck. Ship your stuff. You drive one car your brother drives the other. Make a road trip/rally sorta racing along the way. Take turns in driving each cars, stop and smell the roses and enjoy the locals. Would be a fun trip if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #25
rdoctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3

Garage List
2009 BMW e92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08cyber View Post
Considering we are hitting the Grand Canyon, back roads to Flag Staff, Albuquerque, 287 to Dallas, and what ever else comes along, I think I would regret not taking the trip. I have about 5-6 days to do it, so if anyone has some sights worth seeing I'd appreciate the input.

Rdoctor- Love Chuck town man! My friends just graduated from MUSC this past May so I'm looking for valid excuses to go back (women aren't hard to look at there if you know what I mean).
Since you've decided to drive it then you should absolutely take the more scenic routing. Your route via I-40 is a way better call than I-10. When I made this trek many years ago during the summer (several times) I went across I-70. It was an awesome drive through the mountains of Utah and Colorado. You could also see the Grand Canyon on that route if you take 15 to 70. Of course once you're past Denver it's not so nice. Enjoy the trip!

BTW...the women are still hot in Charleston. That will never change

SOLD: e92 M3 6MT, Jet Black/Black
Dinan: Software Tune | CF Intake | Exhaust | Pulley Kit | Stage 1 Suspension | Pedals /// BBS e88 18x9.5 et19; 18x10.5 et19 on PS4 265/285 /// Lux Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #26
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08cyber View Post
Alright...so July 25th I' starting my cross adventure from LA, CA to Destin, FL. I currently have a 2008 335i e90 and 2010 m3. I am planning on renting a Penske truck with a car hauler but I just can't decide on what car should be towed and which should be driven. I've also considered shipping one, but the cost is $1000+ and no fixed delievery date unless I pay more. My brother is flying out to do the trip with me so driving seperately may defeat the purpose of him coming....suggestions???? I realize people on here have made similar post, but I think this is a case by case basis.

-M3 has a warranty until 75k (at 55k)
-M3 has matte gray wrap
-335i has been returned to factory and has had extensive maintenance done recently (daily driver 100k miles)
Drive the M3- see my below post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Drive your M3

Wasn't there some m3post member who did that recently? Can't seem to find that post.

There was a guy who went from DC to SF or something like that, yes. I cant find it either but it was around AUG of last year.

I drove from Virginia Beach to San Diego in October of last year. I was going to trailer it "to keep it new and significant miles off". A couple older and more mature friends of mine asked me why I was going to trailer a car that was supposed to be one of the best driver's cars across the country when I had a true opportunity to really test it out and drive it someone other than back and forth to work or other states to see family. I then had to ask myself, "Why did I spend that money if I'm only going to enjoy it 85% of the time?" I ended up driving the M3 down to GA, picked up my dad, and we tag teamed it across the country through FL, AL, MS, LA, TX, NM, AZ, NV, and finally CA (and stopped at various sights along the way). It was one of the best times of my life and I would do it 10 more times given the opportunity. Hope this helps.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #27
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjay
Don't rent a truck. Ship your stuff. You drive one car your brother drives the other. Make a road trip/rally sorta racing along the way. Take turns in driving each cars, stop and smell the roses and enjoy the locals. Would be a fun trip if you ask me.
Don't forget the radios - Top Gear style!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #28
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Its very simple, if you don't care about the 1001 stone chips you're going to have at the end of the trip then drive them. If you do care, trailer or ship them. Pretty simple stuff. A lot can happen in 3000 miles.
Appreciate 0