BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

05-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #67
jpirelli
Power is nothing without control
Rep
Drives: E90 + E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
What about my theory? Can you post up original pictures in full resolution? The bubbles may have happened AFTER it was mounted....
I'm with this gentleman. Do you have pictures of the damage inside the tires too?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #68
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, f31 330, f31 328d

Quote:
I hate jumping into threads like this but take a look at this first picture. Is that a slight scuff on the rim??

Another theory - the shop actually mounted the wheels and actually took the car for a spin (as they usually do to check it out), hit something big, came back with damaged tires, took them off and since they knew the tires were second hand, cooked something up so they wouldn't take the loss for it. Just a theory....
Good theory but the reality is this, the pix you see are of the tires right after they were mounted on the wheels. They were not put on the car yet. My tire shop called me to come look at the tires cause they notice the bubbles. I took the pix right then and thats what you see. These tires haven't been placed on the car yet. So the theory doesn't work.

Also everyone go ask the member Kenyon or look up "bubbles cause by mounting" via Google. This is like the loch ness monster, its a myth. Everyone who thinks that the tire shop cause bubbles on 2 tires during the mounting process and is trying to cover it up - I challenge you to find me proof that this happens with today's mounting tools. I asked any member who knows about mounting tires to come up and say this could happen. Everyone comes up with this natural assumption that the tire shop did it.

How about this theory guys?

Maybe when these tires were being dis-mounted off the Seller's wheels they got damaged. Remember these bubbles are on the BACK of the tires. When you dis-mount tires, what side are you looking at? Maybe the Seller didn't see the damage caused by the dis-mount and with tires deflated and off the wheel he didn't see the bubbles in the tires when he shipped them off. Unlikely. Sure. Impossible. No.

Again, the reality is that no one knows for sure how these bubbles came to the tires but my reality is that these tires got 2 big ass bubbles on it and I paid $1200.00 to the seller for them.

2006 M3 ZHP in IB (Crashed) | 2005 M3 ZHP in IB (Sold)
2004 M3 in IR - Current
2018 330ix Wagon - Current
2017 328d Wagon - Current
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #69
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bac mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
8. He also e-mailed me to say that he will get his tire shop to say, under oath, that the tires had bubbles before and after they were mounted on his wheels. If these guys will be as dishonest as to do that under oath, then I don’t even know… Why did they mount them in the first place if they actually did have bubbles? You will notice that this is a complete new twist to the story. He sent me photos after the tires were mounted. How do I know if he drove on them and hit a curb or something and then took them off and sent me those photos?

He also said the equivalent of "you have a lot of mods on your car so I know you can afford the $300" and that I could be a good guy and just pay him. Well, I have tried to help and work with him and this is how I’m rewarded.
These two points stand out to me.

1. Warzilla's trusted shop for so many years is willing to lie under oath? If they would do something like that, what would prevent them from lying about damaging the tires after they installed it - if that was what happened?

2. Having lots of mods on your car doesn't entitle anyone to make claims against you. It actually has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
Good theory but the reality is this, the pix you see are of the tires right after they were mounted on the wheels. They were not put on the car yet. My tire shop called me to come look at the tires cause they notice the bubbles. I took the pix right then and thats what you see. These tires haven't been placed on the car yet. So the theory doesn't work.

Also everyone go ask the member Kenyon or look up "bubbles cause by mounting" via Google. This is like the loch ness monster, its a myth. Everyone who thinks that the tire shop cause bubbles on 2 tires during the mounting process and is trying to cover it up - I challenge you to find me proof that this happens with today's mounting tools. I asked any member who knows about mounting tires to come up and say this could happen. Everyone comes up with this natural assumption that the tire shop did it.
Warzilla, obviously you didn't read what I posted. I didn't suggest that the bubbles came from the mounting process. I'm saying maybe their took it out for a spin after mounting the wheels and thats when it happened? What if they did and didn't tell you? If they're willing to lie under oath then what prevents them from lying to you?

Secondly, you didn't respond to my request - can you post up the original photos of the mounted tires as well as any other ones you may have? I think I see some a scuff on one of the wheels where the bubble is - higher resolution pictures may reveal scuffs on the wheel. If that is so then they mystery may be solved. I would even inspect the inside of your wheels right now for scuffs or "clean" spots where the impact may have taken place.

my two cents
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #70
jpirelli
Rep

Quote:

How about this theory guys?

Maybe when these tires were being dis-mounted off the Seller's wheels they got damaged. Remember these bubbles are on the BACK of the tires. When you dis-mount tires, what side are you looking at? Maybe the Seller didn't see the damage caused by the dis-mount and with tires deflated and off the wheel he didn't see the bubbles in the tires when he shipped them off. Unlikely. Sure. Impossible. No.

Again, the reality is that no one knows for sure how these bubbles came to the tires but my reality is that these tires got 2 big ass bubbles on it and I paid $1200.00 to the seller for them.
You really got a way with words man lol but assuming tire mounting / dismounting can't cause the damage, then these are the only situations:

1 - They were already there
- But the extremely reputable seller signed a legal doc saying they weren't
- He also said he gave the ZCP's a good look too
- For big ass bubbles like that why didn't Nivedh, his tire shop, you, or your tire shop see the damage? There's gotta be damage inside for sure... look at the size of those things!

2 - FedEx caused them
- You didn't ask for insurance. SOL.

3 - Your tire shop caused them
- How can we prove this or not? They won't admit that.

4 - You caused them
- We can't prove this either way either.

The thing in bold is my #1 thing that sits badly with me and kind of leads me to think your tire shop did something sketchy. Did you even inspect the tires before taking them to your store?

Let's see some high res photos man.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #71
alrvd83
New BMW owner
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i M-sport coupe

well well well...

I just read every post so I can going to try and sum up my opinion.

OK...tires were sold, tires were mounted and then bubbles were noticed, now there’s a back and forth discussion trying to figure out who is liable...hmmmm

The thing that puzzles me is the bill of sale...it stated:

I, the undersigned Seller, do sell the above-scribed tires to the Buyer for the amount shown and certify that all of the information provided in this Bill of Sale is true and accurate to the best of the my knowledge.

I, the undersigned Buyer, acknowledge receipt of this Bill of Sale and understand understood that the above-stated tires are sold “as is” condition.

If tires are not in condition as stated by Seller, Seller will refund money to Buyer.

The last sentence completely CONTRADICTS the sentence right before. USUALLY if something is sold "as is", then that means no refunds!!!!!!… This contradiction should have been clarified BEFORE the deal was made.

the bill of sale is void in my opinion.

With that being said:

My opinon: Seller should sell the 4 tires as is and im guessing he would be able to get close to $900 which is what you are buying the other set for. Worst case you gain 50% (600) of your money back...who knows

OR:

Take the $250 from buyer and ship the 2 tires to the buyer. Who cares what the buyer does with them or even if he is able to get money back from them on the warranty...that's not your concern! ALL YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT IS SELLING THOSE 2 GOOD TIRES, getting your new set of 4 and be done with it.

In the end, the buyer to even extend this matter out this far and to even offer some type of compensation shows a lot about his character and credibility.

DONE and DONE
      05-27-2011, 03:49 AM   #72
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

bubbles that big will show up before mount. The op or the shop mounting the tires would have seen it during mount when they stretch the sidewall. i'm siding with NiVeDh. Also im willing to be the shop mounting the tire is not very good. Also, from the pictures the rim looks scuffed where the bubbles are...just saying it as i see it.
      05-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #73
e90this!
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i stick

I had to read this very carefully bc I have known Nivedh for some time now and YES he's a starving grad student and i met him buying parts as he tends to customize or have nice parts for the right price. I remember those wheels and how he described them as very new condition and how dismounted the tires immediately so they can fit his ride. .Knowing how he is with his car and his credibility from past transactions. He actually had to trust me where he offerred services that i could of easily copied for my benefit and his loss. Never met the kid in person but i would do any transactions even after reading this..I must say he's one of the most honest person i have met and they are rare these days. Feels like someone is always trying to pull a scam.

on side note; I even bought this kid a bumper for helping me out on mods and codes with my ride where he would be up middle of the night coding my car after studying 4 hours. never met this kid in person but i doubt he would pull this on anyone.

If your saying the bubbles are same location on both sides, it almost seems like the person mounting the tires had a brainfart because : 1. they are trained to inspect tires before mounting and bubbles can be seen during inspection and 2. why did he mount the 2nd tire if the other has already bubbled? hmm if i had one i would carefully check the other before mounting the next. Those PS2 are very thick tires and depending their machine, i have seen them struggle sliding the tire in and if they use enough soap and water, could of pinch a section and some how. i have seen bubbles where tires were inflated without securing the entire tire which eventually pinched the rubber and later cause a bubble. IM confident the person mounting them had a brain fart and more often than not, the first question they ask, where did you buy your tires from? knowning they are used, the seller is teh always the first to blame.

buying used tires, its your responsibility to inspect them before mounting bc once they are mounted one way or another responsibility falls on buyer since now they have been used, altered, mounted without proper inspection. bubbles of that size on both sides are easily seen since the side walls are smooth. I can promise you this, Nivedh is not the type that would pull a fast one. those tires can easily be switched in the mail. Trust me, my damn mailman has a busy hand and tends to poke holes on my packages and finally decided to ask him if my boxes turned him on bc he seems to poke a hole the size of his hands. Never poke another hole after my comment. lastly, anything can happen during the shipping and those rubbers are exposes. Someting sharped laying on the tires could of cause the bubbles. too many to possibilities and i would take the heat off the kid and accept what hes offering. he also had the balls to stand up for himself which a guilty person would of taken a vacation to Florida.

just offering my opinion based on facts here..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #74
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
These two points stand out to me.

1. Warzilla's trusted shop for so many years is willing to lie under oath? If they would do something like that, what would prevent them from lying about damaging the tires after they installed it - if that was what happened?
Who said they would lie under oath? This rumor I don't understand. I replied before, they would say they as the witness saw the bubbles on the tires/mounted on the wheels BEFORE they were on the car. Remember this is to the accusation made to me by the Seller this week (and also some members) that I driven on the tires before and caused the bubbles while driving. No shop is lying under oath here guys.

Quote:
Warzilla, obviously you didn't read what I posted. I didn't suggest that the bubbles came from the mounting process. I'm saying maybe their took it out for a spin after mounting the wheels and thats when it happened? What if they did and didn't tell you? If they're willing to lie under oath then what prevents them from lying to you?
Point taken.

Quote:
Secondly, you didn't respond to my request - can you post up the original photos of the mounted tires as well as any other ones you may have? I think I see some a scuff on one of the wheels where the bubble is - higher resolution pictures may reveal scuffs on the wheel. If that is so then they mystery may be solved. I would even inspect the inside of your wheels right now for scuffs or "clean" spots where the impact may have taken place.

my two cents
Tires on still on the car. Note, the bumps are in the inner side of the car. Once I take off the tires, replace with the new tires I can show pix.

2004 M3 in IR - Current

Last edited by warzilla; 05-27-2011 at 06:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #75
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirelli View Post
You really got a way with words man lol but assuming tire mounting / dismounting can't cause the damage, then these are the only situations:

1 - They were already there
- But the extremely reputable seller signed a legal doc saying they weren't
- He also said he gave the ZCP's a good look too
- For big ass bubbles like that why didn't Nivedh, his tire shop, you, or your tire shop see the damage? There's gotta be damage inside for sure... look at the size of those things!
I love how the Seller is getting the pass here from many members. So I guess it only makes sense that the guy with 79 etrader sells is the honest one and the 1 guy who buys tires from him is the big fat liar. Or his shop is the liar. Interesting.

2004 M3 in IR - Current
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #76
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Who said they would lie under oath? This rumor I don't understand. I replied before, they would say they as the witness saw the bubbles on the tires/mounted on the wheels BEFORE they were on the car. Remember this is to the accusation made to me by the Seller this week (and also some members) that I driven on the tires before and caused the bubbles while driving. No shop is lying under oath here guys.
Regarding this, English is not my first language so maybe I am misinterpreting something you said to me via e-mail which I am quoting here:

Quote:
(NOTE: I saw your previous email about me having the tires on, driving them and then getting the bubbles. As you can see in the photos I sent to you previously, the tires were mounted on my wheels but not yet on my car. The tire shop called me when they they saw the bubbles, and I went over to look at them and took the pictures. They will be my witnesses to say the tires had bubbles before they were mounted on my wheels and then put on my car.
I've highlighted the pertinent portion in bold. That specifically says "BEFORE THEY WERE MOUNTED ON MY WHEELS" while you are now saying "before they were on the car".

The more I read into it, the more inconsistent your story gets.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #77
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep

So I woke up today with a revelation.

What the heck am I doing? Why am I bothering with this.

Where else in the world would someone pay another seller $1200.00 for damaged goods and then be accused as a liar, a cheat and have to beg for some resolution. And folks, in my last email to Nivedh, I did say “Please - lets get the deal done”.

Where else in the world does a seller, who for the longest time says he will bring resolution to this, sends an email like the one he just posted and says that 'he feels bad for you' and that’s the only reason he’ll be sending back money. Maybe you’re doing this cause you have some complicity in selling me bad tires and taking my money?

Where else in the world does a Seller keeps on crying poverty, and doesn't have money but drives a 40k car and has tons of mods including new rims that retail for $2500.00 and has new tires (yes from the sell of the damaged tires you sold to me, right?).

As some else says, that’s why this country is messed up. In this county someone like Nivedh can drive a car like this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530092

that but claims to me to be poor and only have $43 to offer back to me for a sale of $1200.00?

Screw this. And Screw you Nivedh.

I've been very civil on this and tried my best even on this forum to be congenial and to come to some positive resolution. That is all I wanted - as your customer. Yes Nivedh, I wasn’t your friend, or buyer but your f’ing customer. But after reading that last post from you, which was pretty much your email to me, I can say "F___ OFF" to you.

I don’t need your money that bad to be treated like that.

Nivedh, you seem like a bright man but one thing you don't understand is customer service. While you pretend to be a student, you act as a vendor on these forums. As vendor, the #1 rule is to keep customers happy OR in this case settle things amicably. So while you been very communicative and responsive with me, at the end of the day all you needed to do take some responsibility (yes other members, responsibility) and offer the $250.00 (without any stipulations) to make me fine, and make this go away. But now that time is over.

So take your original offer of $43 or $100 or $100 + the pulley, and now your $250 and keep it. Spend it on more mods to your car or buy parts of whatever the hell you do when you are not in grad school.

I'm going to sell the tires myself. Sell your damage tires. I'll probably even create the post "Selling damaged tires brought from Nivedh".

So this is it. I'm going to be the bigger person here and end this cause you don’t got the balls to do it.

As for the other members who are supporters of Nivedh, who think he was totally absolved or had no responsibility in this due to his character - I wouldn't buy into the fallacy that one person couldn’t be wrong due to a rating system or how well he seems in person. Look at Bernie Madoff. How many guys would have vouched for that guy as a nice, honest guy (and no, I'm not saying Nivedh is Bernie Madoff before the rumor starts here).

As for others who question my honestly, I can understand this since I personally don’t know many of you but to be honest I don’t need my integrity questioned on this forum. Nor do I need online detectives to dissect my words or examine pictures. I was just looking for help in coming to an agreement with the Seller.

Again, I’m just a family guy, who works hard for a living. Everyday for me is a struggle. If you think getting screwed on these tires sold by Nivedh isn’t gonna hurt me, then let me tell you - it will.

But anyways, I said my peace. Thank you everyone for your help and for the ones who were able to be offer some constructive posts. Wish you guys all the best.

2004 M3 in IR - Current
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 07:06 AM   #78
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
So I woke up today with a revelation.

What the heck am I doing? Why am I bothering with this.

Where else in the world would someone pay another seller $1200.00 for damaged goods and then be accused as a liar, a cheat and have to beg for some resolution. And folks, in my last email to Nivedh, I did say “Please - lets get the deal done”.

Where else in the world does a seller, who for the longest time says he will bring resolution to this, sends an email like the one he just posted and says that 'he feels bad for you' and that’s the only reason he’ll be sending back money. Maybe you’re doing this cause you have some complicity in selling me bad tires and taking my money?

Where else in the world does a Seller keeps on crying poverty, and doesn't have money but drives a 40k car and has tons of mods including new rims that retail for $2500.00 and has new tires (yes from the sell of the damaged tires you sold to me, right?).

As some else says, that’s why this country is messed up. In this county someone like Nivedh can drive a car like this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530092

that but claims to me to be poor and only have $43 to offer back to me for a sale of $1200.00?

Screw this. And Screw you Nivedh.

I've been very civil on this and tried my best even on this forum to be congenial and to come to some positive resolution. That is all I wanted - as your customer. Yes Nivedh, I wasn’t your friend, or buyer but your f’ing customer. But after reading that last post from you, which was pretty much your email to me, I can say "F___ OFF" to you.

I don’t need your money that bad to be treated like that.

Nivedh, you seem like a bright man but one thing you don't understand is customer service. While you pretend to be a student, you act as a vendor on these forums. As vendor, the #1 rule is to keep customers happy OR in this case settle things amicably. So while you been very communicative and responsive with me, at the end of the day all you needed to do take some responsibility (yes other members, responsibility) and offer the $250.00 (without any stipulations) to make me fine, and make this go away. But now that time is over.

So take your original offer of $43 or $100 or $100 + the pulley, and now your $250 and keep it. Spend it on more mods to your car or buy parts of whatever the hell you do when you are not in grad school.

I'm going to sell the tires myself. Sell your damage tires. I'll probably even create the post "Selling damaged tires brought from Nivedh".

So this is it. I'm going to be the bigger person here and end this cause you don’t got the balls to do it.

As for the other members who are supporters of Nivedh, who think he was totally absolved or had no responsibility in this due to his character - I wouldn't buy into the fallacy that one person couldn’t be wrong due to a rating system or how well he seems in person. Look at Bernie Madoff. How many guys would have vouched for that guy as a nice, honest guy (and no, I'm not saying Nivedh is Bernie Madoff before the rumor starts here).

As for others who question my honestly, I can understand this since I personally don’t know many of you but to be honest I don’t need my integrity questioned on this forum. Nor do I need online detectives to dissect my words or examine pictures. I was just looking for help in coming to an agreement with the Seller.

Again, I’m just a family guy, who works hard for a living. Everyday for me is a struggle. If you think getting screwed on these tires sold by Nivedh isn’t gonna hurt me, then let me tell you - it will.

But anyways, I said my peace. Thank you everyone for your help and for the ones who were able to be offer some constructive posts. Wish you guys all the best.
Are you kidding me? Don't make assumptions. You don't know me.

Out of the $1200, most of it went to paying my rent. The rest went to paying fees for school. The tires, I got lucky and won from a sweepstakes last year.

So what if I'm driving a $40k car with mods? I work hard to afford the things in life. I struggle to make ends meet every month. Please keep the personal attacks to yourself.

This forum has allowed me an opportunity to exercise my hobby. I am not a vendor. I have no commercial interests in this. This is my hobby. I have bought and sold many things on this forum and have not once had a problem. Now there's a problem and I am offering you compensation for something that is not even my fault. I don't owe you anything and I offered to help you just because I am that kind of person.

You can think about it and my offer for $250 in exchange for the rear tires still stands.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #79
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
What would you guys do?

So I brought tires from a fellow member on M3Post. They were Michelin PS2 tires, 19s.

The member is an active member on the forum (I'm not going to name names - at this moment), and had a good etrader record - hence why I was willing to buy these tires for $1200.00 from him. He is located in Atlanta GA, while I was in NJ.

The tires were advertised as pretty new and a few thousand miles on them at best. No issues or defects mentioned in the ad.

The transaction and delivery went smooth.

I get the tires, and they look fine (not mounted on wheels). I bring them to my tire shop (the one I've been going to for years for all my cars), and they mount the tires on my OEM 19 inch rims. Once they mount the tires on my rims, but not yet on the car, my main contact there calls me up. He tells me there are big bubbles on both rear tires. I come by and take a look and yes, theres a huge bubble on each rear tire, both in the inner side of tires. The weird part is that the bubble is in the same exact spot, symmetrically on each tire. My guess, the tires were on a car previously and hit something hard to cause them to bubble at the same spot?

Anyways, I tell the member about the tires and its been an ongoing conversation for months.

First he blamed the tire shop for the bubbles saying they mounted it wrongly and it cause the bubbles on the tires. After talking to my tire guy and asking around, it seems that its a stretch (but would like to get people's view here on this). From what I can tell looking on forums and talking to people that I know who know tires, this is very hard to happen, especially on both tires, and to happening on the same spot.

Then he told me that the Michelin company has a 6-year warranty and will cover the tires for the bubbles as a defect. I went to two separate authorized dealers who looked at the tires, the manufacturing dot dates on the tires and told me that Michelin would not cover these tires for the bubbles (tires were made almost 2 years ago).

So now I have no choice but to buy a new set of tires and told the member that I would like some re-imbusement to help me buy a set of tires (I was planning to buy a set of Hankooks which cost $900.00 at Tire Rack).

Now some things about the member. He has to this point been very communicative and responsive. He feels bad about the situation and initially told me he would be willing to send some money back to me if I went the route of buying new tires (have it in a saved email).

The issue as of now, since I made it clear I am going the route of buying new tires he is crying financial destitute (he is in grad school he claims) and says he has no money to give me but maybe an auto part he has laying around that he has been trying to sell to other members on this forum and maybe send back $100.00 for the mounting costs. I felt it was insultive.

I initially just asked for $300.00 to settle this, and with me selling the front tires (which are fine), I figure I can somewhat cover the cost of the new tires - which is all I want to do now. I'm not a unreasonable guy, and been trying to be fair as possible but I feel we are now at the end of the conversation.

So what would you guys do? Anyone with thoughts/opinions/solutions?
NAME HIM!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #80
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Warzilla

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?"

I suggested several times that perhaps it's the shop that caused all this AND I asked for the original pictures that you took. Please post the originals here or email me and I'll post them.

Would you rather check for evidence and make SURE the installer isn't at fault so you're not accusing someone wrongly?

What if the shop did it? Wouldn't you feel terrible to lay blame on the seller if he is indeed innocent? I think this thought process is what a decent human being would do.

Please please submit the original pictures.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #81
takashin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 YMB F82 M4

Quote:
Good for you, Warzilla.

If I got $1200 for selling something and the person I sold it to (being a fellow enthusiast) said there were issues (even if I wasn't responsible or even aware) and asked only $300 back, I would immediately send money and be extremely grateful that they only wanted that much.

EDIT: Who cares about the details, it's about putting your big boy pants on and making the situation right.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #82
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamarquis View Post
Good for you, Warzilla.

If I got $1200 for selling something and the person I sold it to (being a fellow enthusiast) said there were issues (even if I wasn't responsible or even aware) and asked only $300 back, I would immediately send money and be extremely grateful that they only wanted that much.

EDIT: Who cares about the details, it's about putting your big boy pants on and making the situation right.
LOL about bigger boy pants... I think both parties don't qualify. All this fighting for $300. Tons of dialog both private and public (yeah warzilla is a blogger lol) and finally what he's fighting over is $50. LOL.

Dude this is an M3 forum. $50 won't even fill up a tank of gas!

BOTH of you lose the big boy pants trophy.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #83
takashin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 YMB F82 M4

Quote:
LOL about bigger boy pants... I think both parties don't qualify. All this fighting for $300. Tons of dialog both private and public (yeah warzilla is a blogger lol) and finally what he's fighting over is $50. LOL.

Dude this is an M3 forum. $50 won't even fill up a tank of gas!

BOTH of you lose the big boy pants trophy.
That's why the seller should've just sent over $300. Fuck it. All those PMs and e-mails don't even come close to worth it.

I feel like whoever said fuck it first should get the trophy, and Warzilla said it first in this case.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #84
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamarquis View Post
That's why the seller should've just sent over $300. Fuck it. All those PMs and e-mails don't even come close to worth it.

I feel like whoever said fuck it first should get the trophy, and Warzilla said it first in this case.
Yeah I think he did the most typing so it negates it all LOL

Last edited by quads; 05-27-2011 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #85
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep
Drives: 335i

Buyer, you made several mistakes.

First, your bill of sale isn't worth jack. In it, it states the tires are in good condition but also states as-is. "As-is" removes ALL warranties, express and implied, from the goods. So, you did that to yourself.

Second, you didn't buy insurance. Who doesn't pay $20 for shipping insurance on a $1200 order?

Third, either you didn't reasonably inspect the tires upon delivery or the bubbles weren't there upon delivery. Either way this is against you. "Finding" an open and obvious defect, such as large bubbles, only after acting as the new owner of the tires (having them mounted) doesn't point towards them being defective upon delivery.

Fourth, and this is where I get lost, the tire shop knew of the bubbles pre mounting? And mounted them anyway? And the bubbles just so happen to line up perfectly with curb rash on the inside of the barrel? This just doesn't add up.

Really you went wrong in every phase of the transaction and you want the seller to compensate you for your missteps? He has no burden or duty to do so, morally or otherwise.

Here is what I would suggest if you truly believe they were damaged upon arrival and the defect is a manufacturing one and not due to shipping or poor mounting:

Dismount the tires (if you haven't already)
Take one tire at a time to separate michelin dealers and claim defect

They will be MUCH MORE LIKELY to honor a warranty to one tire. Two tires makes it seem like damage, which IMO is what it is.

It sucks, but that's life. Good luck to you.
      05-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #86
itf joegun
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 M40i; G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
Really you went wrong in every phase of the transaction and you want the seller to compensate you for your missteps? He has no burden or duty to do so, morally or otherwise.
^This!

Click signature for current and previous cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #87
deltasam
Keep Tunning
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92TT/S2K/MDX

Garage List
warzilla... I can certainly speak to Nivedh's character, I've known him for more than years and know that he would NEVER sell defective products. He is very kind and honest person , in fact. he certainly is smart enough to steer clear of committing fraud or any sort of misrepresentation. Stop doing those personal attacks.It is a stupid Act. You make yourself look cheap lol! i m checked the tires and rims with Nivedh in person. It is in perfect condition. It must be happened on your tires shop lol. 19'' Run flat is not easy to install or after they install. when they do a test drive something they do crazy!!!anything could happen lol..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #88
jpirelli
Rep

The seller's offer is more than generous man. He technically owes you nothing. Zilch. You can't come up in here throwing a hysterical temper tantrum and making another thread to get pity from other people. All signs point to you being wrong bro. The fact that he's even offering you something while you're in here bitching about it and being a jackass isn't helping your case at all.

I see you are looking for new tires. Why not just send the rears back to the seller and get the 250? I don't understand your angle honestly. You just being greedy or what? Fine you want to keep them... then just take the 100 or the pulley or whatever the hell you agreed on.

Honestly this is pathetic of you to slander someone with 79 positive feedback and over 5k posts with your measly 0 feedback and 400 posts. Get a life.
Appreciate 0