BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

BPM

08-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #1
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
I'm going to be as transparent as possible.

I won this stage 2 Gintani kit in a personal raffle. I had every intention of installing it on my e91 M3 build.

I received the photo of the items displayed out in good shape (photo attached), and worked with the owner Sal on shipping it out. I covered the shipping cost and insurance. The CF ram air was professional packed and shipped separately.

Long story short, the kit was damaged in transit, twice, and UPS has denied all damage claims and refused to refund and of the 670 in shipping costs.

This whole ordeal had been going on for more than a month. During that time I reached out an absurd amount of times to Gintani inquiring about buying a tune, getting install instructions and then about buying replacement parts. Not one single returned call or email.

Before I won the kit, I had been in contact with Harrop about their kit. Their headquarters is 2 miles down the road. They offered an incredible sponsorship deal (nowhere close to free, deal on install). Once they did that I decided which direction I was going.

That leads me to this kit. I really have three options. I can put the kit together, as close to new as possible and try sourcing parts and fixing the issues myself to sell for more, sell the kit as is or sell parts individually.

Here's a run down of what needs addressed.

Manifold needs to be refinished. A few scratches on top and underneath.

Main pulley off the vortech SC had some damage to edge and ribs. Maybe it can be repaired?

One pulley on the support bracket has damage to edge and ribs. Maybe it can be repaired?

I assume crankshaft pulley? Had some damage to the edge and ribs. Maybe it can be repaired?

Carbon fiber intake is cracked on edge. I have a guy who can repair it.

Heat exchanger had damage. I did what I could to straighten the fins out. Should function perfectly. But buyer might want to replace.

I honestly would change some hoses, and the air filters.

Buyer will need a tune. I've priced this from 800-1300 and have three quotes from reputable shops.

I'll attach some photos. I'm open to offers and talking through a deal. I figured if I get the kit all fixed up I'd be asking somewhere around 6500, As is, probably 5500. If I'm way off let me know.

Attached Images

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:47 PM   #2
Cantletgo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 50th Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
I'm going to be as transparent as possible.

I won this stage 2 Gintani kit in a personal raffle. I had every intention of installing it on my e91 M3 build.

I received the photo of the items displayed out in good shape (photo attached), and worked with the owner Sal on shipping it out. I covered the shipping cost and insurance. The CF ram air was professional packed and shipped separately.

Long story short, the kit was damaged in transit, twice, and UPS has denied all damage claims and refused to refund and of the 670 in shipping costs.

This whole ordeal had been going on for more than a month. During that time I reached out an absurd amount of times to Gintani inquiring about buying a tune, getting install instructions and then about buying replacement parts. Not one single returned call or email.

Before I won the kit, I had been in contact with Harrop about their kit. Their headquarters is 2 miles down the road. They offered an incredible sponsorship deal (nowhere close to free, deal on install). Once they did that I decided which direction I was going.

That leads me to this kit. I really have three options. I can put the kit together, as close to new as possible and try sourcing parts and fixing the issues myself to sell for more, sell the kit as is or sell parts individually.

Here's a run down of what needs addressed.

Manifold needs to be refinished. A few scratches on top and underneath.

Main pulley off the vortech SC had some damage to edge and ribs. Maybe it can be repaired?

One pulley on the support bracket has damage to edge and ribs. Maybe it can be repaired?

I assume crankshaft pulley? Had some damage to the edge and ribs. Maybe it can be repaired?

Carbon fiber intake is cracked on edge. I have a guy who can repair it.

Heat exchanger had damage. I did what I could to straighten the fins out. Should function perfectly. But buyer might want to replace.

I honestly would change some hoses, and the air filters.

Buyer will need a tune. I've priced this from 800-1300 and have three quotes from reputable shops.

I'll attach some photos. I'm open to offers and talking through a deal. I figured if I get the kit all fixed up I'd be asking somewhere around 6500, As is, probably 5500. If I'm way off let me know.
Sent you a pm
'16 F86 X6M Brilliant White
'13 E92 M3 Frozen Edition Brilliant White (My unicorn - Best Day Ever! )
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

i remember when you won this, glws man.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2020, 12:05 AM   #4
THEM3KING
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 e92

Pmed
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:44 AM   #5
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep

I've got two 5500 offers on the table. Giving buyer one a couple of days to figure out sourcing heat exchanger, tune and pulley costs. I'll keep everyone posted that's messaged me on status. Those inquiring I'm not covering shipping. I'd drive a couple of hours to meet someone or if I ship would most likely go fedex freight packed on a pallet and packed really well. I'd expect shipping to run $300-400+ to either coast.

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #6
THEM3KING
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 e92

OP, you need to clear your pm's
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #7
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Heat exchanger looks fine. Pulley can be repaired easily.. all that looks salvageable to me.
      08-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #8
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Heat exchanger looks fine. Pulley can be repaired easily.. all that looks salvageable to me.
Thanks! I spent a good 2 hours pulling fins with needle nose and electronic tools. This was before
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:48 PM   #9
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

A nice sharp tri file and big blunt flat screwdriver will straighten and debur the pulley ribs.
      08-07-2020, 10:42 PM   #10
1M_S65
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M (S65 Swap)

If its still available PM me I lets work out a deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #11
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep

Update:

I'm currently purchasing all the missing parts to make this kit whole. Again I want to stress, if you're interested in this kit, you will get ZERO support from Gintani. You're on your own. Now, with that said, is this a good kit and able to put down serious power? 1000%.

I've had two potential buyers now backout due to zero manufacturer support. I get it, but understand you'll need to find a shop who can install without instruction and a tuner who will tune this kit up. (RK Tunes and Stage FP are two I already have quotes from)

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 01:55 PM   #12
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Update:

I'm currently purchasing all the missing parts to make this kit whole. Again I want to stress, if you're interested in this kit, you will get ZERO support from Gintani. You're on your own. Now, with that said, is this a good kit and able to put down serious power? 1000%.

I've had two potential buyers now backout due to zero manufacturer support. I get it, but understand you'll need to find a shop who can install without instruction and a tuner who will tune this kit up. (RK Tunes and Stage FP are two I already have quotes from)
Least it'll be made whole for the next owner. Probably pointless to ask, but any insight from Gintani on why they won't at least provide their off the shelf tune?
      08-11-2020, 02:29 PM   #13
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Quote:
Update:

Least it'll be made whole for the next owner. Probably pointless to ask, but any insight from Gintani on why they won't at least provide their off the shelf tune?
I don't know, I haven't even gotten a response like "sorry we don't support S65 anymore" just silence and non response.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #14
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Quote:
Update:

I don't know, I haven't even gotten a response like "sorry we don't support S65 anymore" just silence and non response.
For what it's worth, just called Gintani. Jimmy said they can tune it, but won't install. They don't support the forced induction platform on our cars anymore.

Now that I think about it, maybe that means they won't tune the SC. 🤦🏻*♂️