BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
davedNconfused
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT Slicktop

Dinan High Performance Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I purchased this kit new last spring and had it installed in July of 2019 and removed in July of 2020. I put about 700 miles on it in total. This is the EDC version (#R190-9131).
https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...arts/R190-9131

This kit maintains a nice ride and EDC functionality. The spring rate is slightly stiffer but not overly aggressive. If you're looking for a modest drop in ride height, this is a great setup. If it could go a little lower, I'd still be using it.

Local pickup or shipped. $1,200 + shipping. Please cover the paypal fees or use friends and family. All boxed up and ready to go.

When originally installed, the rear sat a bit low so while raising it (going against the tension of the spring), a couple of the adjustment holes on the spring perch became distorted. Really wished they used the typical lock rings and spanner style. One of them doesn't have much left to grab onto when turning counter-clockwise.

Last edited by davedNconfused; 08-10-2020 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: removed photos cuz bandwidth usage
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 02:24 AM   #2
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Free bump for a good seller and a nice and rare kit!
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedNconfused View Post
When originally installed, the rear sat a bit low so while raising it (going against the tension of the spring), a couple of the adjustment holes on the spring perch became distorted. Really wished they used the typical lock rings and spanner style. One of them doesn't have much left to grab onto when turning counter-clockwise.

so what effect does the messed up hole have on installation, use, and making adjustments?

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
davedNconfused
Private First Class
Rep

Installation shouldn't be much of an issue as you can set it prior to having any sort of load against it which would make it difficult to turn. Shouldn't be an issue during use as you lock the position with the allen bolt. It's the adjustment process that could be more difficult than necessary.

My advise would be to set the suspension high so you only have to turn the perch clockwise to lower it to where you like it (made a mistake on the direction to turn in my original post as I forgot these go in the car with the mount on top). You can still adjust the height upward with the other holes and even to some degree the one in question but I'd probably protect the threads with a boot to keep dirt out if you anticipate that. Worst case scenario is removing the two bolts for the control arm to relieve preload to turn it freely.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Title is misleading. This is a spring kit with height adjustment kit.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 04:38 PM   #6
davedNconfused
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Title is misleading. This is a spring kit with height adjustment kit.
The title is the official name for this kit. Take it up with Dinan.

Anyhow, the parts have been sold! Thanks for looking everyone.
Appreciate 0