BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #23
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

OMG

No fooood on the shelves.
Opens the video…….

There is food on the shelves.
I don't have anything intelligent to add to this post.

-_-

Jeeze

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 01:01 PM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I have nothing intelligent to add to this post, like most posts
I've typed several replies, deleted them all. I guess I'll say, I have nothing constructive to voice. Lots of opinions, but nothing constructive.

Since there are shelves semi-empty, I must do my American duty and report to Wal-Mart, then buy up all sorts of shit that I won't need or use. This will prevent other people from using what I won't. It will also cause more mass hysteria by furthering the empty shelf syndrome. Also, can I expect some form of a hand-out during these unprecedented times?

Another point I learned last year. If you eat healthy, you have no problems finding food. No one wants that shit. If you eat garbage, good luck.

I can't help but feel as if this is some way for the government to violate my rights and make me lose weight. It's my right to be over-weight and cause everyone else to pay more in health insurance.

Last edited by King Rudi; 08-16-2021 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 5
TiMSport12803.00
Tommy-G4493.50
Buug95917439.50
spencers199.00
Bunnny219.50
      08-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #25
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I have nothing intelligent to add to this post, like most posts
I've typed several replies, deleted them all. I guess I'll say, I have nothing constructive to voice. Lots of opinions, but nothing constructive.

Since there are shelves semi-empty, I must do my American duty and report to Wal-Mart, then buy up all sorts of shit that I won't need or use. This will prevent other people from using what I won't. It will also cause more mass hysteria by furthering the empty shelf syndrome. Also, can I expect some form of a hand-out during these unprecedented times?

Another point I learned last year. If you eat healthy, you have no problems finding food. No one wants that shit. If you eat garbage, good luck.
I agree.
We buy "a little extra" in non perishables each month to store if things get rough….. financially…..
Don't totally rely on frozen food in the deep freezer
Anything in the fridge counts as none.. it doesn't exist.

Got 2 boxes of MREs… not totally hair-brained prepping, but been without power for a week once…..
Lesson learned.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-16-2021, 02:02 PM   #26
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post

I can't help but feel as if this is some way for the government to violate my rights and make me lose weight. It's my right to be over-weight and cause everyone else to pay more in health insurance.
^^ THIS. Lol. Obesity is a serious problem in this country and we ALL have to pay for it in some way, shape or form. For those of us that try to be healthy and care about our wellbeing, I have to admit that it's frustrating to see so many that don't care. Not sure how many Bill Maher fans there are around here but he's been harping on this for as long as I can remember. It seems like one of those taboo subjects that gets swept under the rug because it's not PC.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-16-2021, 02:10 PM   #27
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
^^ THIS. Lol. Obesity is a serious problem in this country and we ALL have to pay for it in some way, shape or form. For those of us that try to be healthy and care about our wellbeing, I have to admit that it's frustrating to see so many that don't care. Not sure how many Bill Maher fans there are around here but he's been harping on this for as long as I can remember. It seems like one of those taboo subjects that gets swept under the rug because it's not PC.
There is a lot of behavior that people can change or control that cost all of us in varying degrees.
Littlebear3509.50
King Rudi13154.00
      08-16-2021, 02:14 PM   #28
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
There is a lot of behavior that people can change or control that cost all of us in varying degrees.
Very true. Considering the % of our population that is obese, this is by far the biggest one IMHO. I should add that I'm fully aware that for some it's not so easy to eat healthy. Cheap food is perhaps the only means for many and unfortunately that equates to unhealthy diets.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 02:28 PM   #29
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Very true. Considering the % of our population that is obese, this is by far the biggest one IMHO. I should add that I'm fully aware that for some it's not so easy to eat healthy. Cheap food is perhaps the only means for many and unfortunately that equates to unhealthy diets.
Cheap food and fast food also helps to comfort some people, like tobacco and alcohol does. Life is hard for some folks and it's all they can do to stay afloat.
      08-16-2021, 03:06 PM   #30
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I will pick up a few extra things but nothing crazy.

Go get a big bag of rice and some extra mac and cheese and cereal. Running low on lucky charms

But this is normal behavior for me.

Need more water anyways and some red bull

I do have a 4 week supply of MRE buckets just incase.

That video was amazing lol

Last edited by obert; 08-17-2021 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
      08-17-2021, 07:25 AM   #31
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

No shortages where I live. Publix, Winn-Dixie, Target and Walmart all have pretty full (typical) food aisles. We always keep enough staples to get through a bad storm and extended outages, especially bottled water.
Appreciate 1
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
      08-17-2021, 07:29 AM   #32
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
I will pick up a few extra things but nothing crazy.

Go get a big back of rice and some extra mac and cheese and cereal. Running low on lucky charms

But this is normal behavior for me.

Need more water anyways and some red bull

I do have a 4 week supply of MRE buckets just incase.

That video was amazing lol

Lucky charms!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 07:32 AM   #33
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
The news media is toxic. Even if there is a slight shortage, they will make it 100x worse so there is an actual impact. Just like the fuel shortage that happened when the pipelines got hacked. What could've been manageable turned into people panic buying so much fuel that many more stations were closed than what would've been originally. I won't comment on a shortage, since I don't actually know, but it's hard to take news as 100% fact when their profits are based on clicks and ad revenue.
They do the same thing with the weather. Last example of this was a few weeks ago they said a derecho was coming and it was going to be bad…..not even a wet fart.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2021, 07:50 AM   #34
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
They do the same thing with the weather. Last example of this was a few weeks ago they said a derecho was coming and it was going to be bad…..not even a wet fart.
The weather here changes every 10 minutes, so I'll give them a tiny break on that, but whenever there is a potential storm they get all excited.

Snow storms are the best.

1 week before the storm: OMG huge blizzard, 17 feet expected, buy everything in the store.

3 days before the storm: Bigger blizzard than before expected, 20 feet of snow potentially, buy everything at the store and steal fuel from your neighbors.

Night before the storm: If you haven't done all the above you are screwed, so just evacuate now.

During the storm: The winds are shifting and we might not get as much

After the storm which ends up leaving 1-3" of snow: Completely ignore that anything was different from what they predicted.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
obert1781.00
rebekahb3132.50
      08-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #35
mapleleaf1773
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i XDrive

Garage List
The US farmers grow enough food to feed the world 5 times over. Regardless of recent weather phenomena we will be ok on that front for a very long time. The media and political levels are toxic just like stated above. I mean we live in a world of covid and murder Hornets, lol. But people are sheep and the first thing people hear from somone, they spread assuming thats the truth.

Transporting said food is the bottleneck of perishable foods. Drivers are deeply in need and have been for the last couple decades. The freight industry cannot find willing drivers with cdl licenses or basically persons that can pass drug tests in most regions that these logistical companies are located.

I'm a transportation planner and freight is a huge issue in this country. Alot of new freight initiatives are being inserted into the " new transportation bill" so that issues like these can be "sorted out" in the hopeful future. But take that with a grain of salt because politicians won't do anything they can't make money from (at the cost of anything).

But like said before, the freaking media is a horrible thing.
Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15762.50
Littlebear3509.50
rebekahb3132.50
nyalpine907433.00
      08-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #36
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf1773 View Post
The US farmers grow enough food to feed the world 5 times over. Regardless of recent weather phenomena we will be ok on that front for a very long time. The media and political levels are toxic just like stated above. I mean we live in a world of covid and murder Hornets, lol. But people are sheep and the first thing people hear from somone, they spread assuming thats the truth.

Transporting said food is the bottleneck of perishable foods. Drivers are deeply in need and have been for the last couple decades. The freight industry cannot find willing drivers with cdl licenses or basically persons that can pass drug tests in most regions that these logistical companies are located.

I'm a transportation planner and freight is a huge issue in this country. Alot of new freight initiatives are being inserted into the " new transportation bill" so that issues like these can be "sorted out" in the hopeful future. But take that with a grain of salt because politicians won't do anything they can't make money from (at the cost of anything).

But like said before, the freaking media is a horrible thing.
Supply chain has been a shit show this year. In my 31 years in domestic transportation, I have never seen or imagined it could be this bad. Not sure how I feel about allowing 18 year olds to drive an 80,000# vehicle. I get that we need to get fresh blood in the industry and we lose them if they can't drive until 21 but I find it downright scary.
      08-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #37
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Supply chain has been a shit show this year. In my 31 years in domestic transportation, I have never seen or imagined it could be this bad. Not sure how I feel about allowing 18 year olds to drive an 80,000# vehicle. I get that we need to get fresh blood in the industry and we lose them if they can't drive until 21 but I find it downright scary.
That is scary, especially with people back on the road for road trips.
cmyx6go15762.50
      08-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #38
Bunnny
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 & 2002 330ci e46

No shortages up here in Canada, but we're told this garbage in the 'news' too. And then they say the cost is going up and blah blah blah...
I stopped buying food from grocery stores when I found way better quality at farmer's markets, and buying straight from butchers and farmers.
They always have what I need, and sometimes give me a deal because Im a repeat customer. Chain stores don't/won't do that.
Appreciate 3
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
shiftdnb376.50
      08-19-2021, 07:21 AM   #39
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Back from Costco earlier and no TP or kirkland water bottle shortages, still no dog trainer pads tho
Appreciate 0