BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

03-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #45
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTime View Post
Hey Derek!

Awesome car, I'm really excited to see what you bring to the table here. Plus, I especially like your fiance's choice in cars as well. Any girl who picks an M3 is okay in my book

Mary

Edit: Oops, just realized your girl's car is an M2... still qualifies lol
Thanks DreamTime Mary! I'm trying to log my experiences in hopes it will help someone on the forum in the future.

The M2, IMO is the best driver's car BMW offers right now. I feel like its a mashup of the E46 M3, M235i engine, and modern tech. It will be interesting when she takes it out on the track vs my car..

a little birdie told me you get heart palpitations once you go past 4K miles on an oil change.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services

Last edited by derbo; 03-08-2018 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 2
DreamTime863.50
94jedi829.00
      03-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #46
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Thanks DreamTime Mary! I'm trying to log my experiences in hopes it will help someone on the forum in the future.

The M2, IMO is the best driver's car BMW offers right now. I feel like its a mashup of the E46 M3, M235i engine, and modern tech. It will be interesting when she takes it out on the track vs my car..

a little birdie told me you get heart palpitations once you go past 4K miles on an oil change.
was that little bird named Mark by chance?? We were talking about oil changes last night, and yes... my comment was exactly that ^^ Lol!! One might say I'm slightly OCD when it comes to maintaining my car, but I just can't help myself. When you love something you treat it good, am I right?

The M2 is pretty awesome. It is one of the only new BMWs that gets me excited. When I was at Road Atlanta last year I had one give me a run for my money. We went back and forth all weekend, but in the end, I finally won once and for all
Appreciate 3
BOOF-M34448.50
derbo3592.00
94jedi829.00
      03-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #47
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Quote:

was that little bird named Mark by chance?? We were talking about oil changes last night, and yes... my comment was exactly that ^^ Lol!! One might say I'm slightly OCD when it comes to maintaining my car, but I just can't help myself. When you love something you treat it good, am I right?

The M2 is pretty awesome. It is one of the only new BMWs that gets me excited. When I was at Road Atlanta last year I had one give me a run for my money. We went back and forth all weekend, but in the end, I finally won once and for all
DreamTime your OCD has paid off as you have an awesome M3. I showed Derek a pic of your Titan7 wheels. When are we installing them or have you already?
Appreciate 2
94jedi829.00
DreamTime863.50
      03-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #48
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:

Mark speaks highly of you when I was chit-chatting with him the other day! Thanks for all the compliments! I think you definitely have me beat in terms of OCD! I hope to bring my experiences to the table to help others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
DreamTime your OCD has paid off as you have an awesome M3. I showed Derek a pic of your Titan7 wheels. When are we installing them or have you already?
The Titan7 wheels are amazing! I probably would've bought those if I didn't come up on these BBS GT4s.

### Update

I'm getting a vibration in the steering wheel at 80mph. I have a gut feeling it may be how the spacers are sitting. The wheels were re-balanced with road force and the vibration has minimized but is still present.

I'll try a few things the next time I have some time to figure it out.
  • Re-clean the brake rotor.
  • Add some anti-seize on the hub lip
  • Torque wheels without full weight
Appreciate 1
DreamTime863.50
      03-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #49
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sorry... it has been insanely busy at the end of this week...

Aww, thanks You know much I love this car. I just sold my 220s an hour ago to a super cool new local friend who is putting them on his E46 M3 (awesome!!), so now I have more room in the garage. I have my tires already, I just need to buy some new TPMS sensors and then I'll get the wheels/tires put together. I already have my studs and my spacers for the rear too, so once I get all this stuff in order I can see how I feel about the looks and feel of the car with 18x10s with or w/o spacers. Since this is really my "track only" set, I will only be messing around with them a little, but the big test will come at my first track weekend coming up. Super duper praying my freakin B8 shocks come in before then...

Quote:
Mark speaks highly of you when I was chit-chatting with him the other day! Thanks for all the compliments! I think you definitely have me beat in terms of OCD! I hope to bring my experiences to the table to help others.

The Titan7 wheels are amazing! I probably would've bought those if I didn't come up on these BBS GT4s.
Mark is awesome. I love that guy.

Lol, I have really never felt this way about a car. Once I drove it for the first time it did something to me... Before that I was only OCD about my work, being a business owner before and now doing finance/accounting work you kind of need to be I guess. Is changing your oil every 4k miles really that obsessive? Lol, if it is, I accept it

The Titan7s really are pretty sweet. They seem like a great company that cares a lot about the product they make. I'm excited to get them on the car soon!
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34448.50
      03-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #50
BRNDNSLVRA
奈良シカマル
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Gray E90 M3

Howd you update the maps????

http://954mm.com

IG: @954MM/@954M3
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 10:58 PM   #51
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Sorry... it has been insanely busy at the end of this week...

Aww, thanks You know much I love this car. I just sold my 220s an hour ago to a super cool new local friend who is putting them on his E46 M3 (awesome!!), so now I have more room in the garage. I have my tires already, I just need to buy some new TPMS sensors and then I'll get the wheels/tires put together. I already have my studs and my spacers for the rear too, so once I get all this stuff in order I can see how I feel about the looks and feel of the car with 18x10s with or w/o spacers. Since this is really my "track only" set, I will only be messing around with them a little, but the big test will come at my first track weekend coming up. Super duper praying my freakin B8 shocks come in before then...

Mark is awesome. I love that guy.

Lol, I have really never felt this way about a car. Once I drove it for the first time it did something to me... Before that I was only OCD about my work, being a business owner before and now doing finance/accounting work you kind of need to be I guess. Is changing your oil every 4k miles really that obsessive? Lol, if it is, I accept it

The Titan7s really are pretty sweet. They seem like a great company that cares a lot about the product they make. I'm excited to get them on the car soon!
DreamTime I thought the B8 were out of stock for months?

##Update

My brother took it for a test drive today on a foggy morning and reported the vibration has reduced from the first test drive but still noticeable. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to get the car up and ensure the spacers have the best surface to attach to.

The car looks great from the rear

The car looks great and its time to start working on the rest of items.

##Initial Goals
My intended goals with this car is to build a wonderful street car with the capabilities of going to an HPDE and not destroying itself.
  • Capable of street comfort (upper limit of tolerance is fine)
  • Capable of surviving a weekend at the local tracks without fuss.
  • Reasonable cost of parts.

For the braking situation, I think I'll try getting Castrol SRF fluid (great wet boiling point, SS brake lines (not sure which brand yet), and PFC 08 pads for longevity benefits. I may just get a set of rotors to be ready on hand when I toast these...

Suspension however, I am left undecided...

### The Suspension Options
  • Option 1: ~$844 Swift Spec R Springs, Vorshlag Camber Plates
  • Option 2: ~$2500 Swift Spec R Springs, Vorshlag Camber Plates, B6 Damptronic suspension
  • Option 3: ~$3500 Vorshlag Camber Plates, B16 Damptronic suspension, retain EDC
  • Option 4: $~2900 Vorshlag camber plates, Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers, Lose EDC
  • Option 5: $unknown ZCP Suspension for E90. Rare, hard to find used and expensive if it is new

Option 1 initially seemed to be the most logical but reviews are mixed and ultimately I probably will be unhappy with it. Option 2 may have the same outcome as Option 1 but the price is so close to the coilovers, it might be worth it just to ignore this option. Option 3 would be nice to retain EDC but I am unclear how compliant it will be on the street. Option 4 has wonderful reviews of its street compliance but lacking track stiffness. This does sound more in line with what I am aiming for. Another note for the Ohlins is the rebuild interval is suggested at 50k and Bilsteins are rated at 100k. Performance Shock Shop is a local to me so it might be a moot in that situation. The downfall of the ohlins is that EDC will be lost. Option 5 is to find ZCP suspension for an E90 and utilize it. I have NO clue if this actually will make any sense as I probably will be unhappy with the ride height if I'm spending money on it.

With my intentions to have this car mainly street with 3-4 HPDEs a year, Ohlins R&T sounds like the best bang for the buck. A few searches on this forum also suggest that there is no need for more front wheel clearance like the KW coilovers (maybe bilstien needs it too?) for the Ohlins. EDC seems like a hassle to retain unless I opt for the B16 Damptronics. It is a tight race between the Ohlins R&T and the B16s. Right now I'm leaning towards the Ohlins by 80%. The 20% reserve is that magical ability to retain that cool EDC button in the center console..LOL. The trackrat in me wants to the granularity of independent rebound adjustment, where the tech guy in me wants to utilize the cool technology the car has. Decisions decisions.

Last edited by derbo; 03-24-2018 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
      03-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #52
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954MM View Post
Howd you update the maps????

There are two main items you need.

2018-1 North American Maps download files
FSC Code tied to your VIN.

The first one can be found online with a google search. The 2nd portion, either you can buy it from people on Ebay, or vendors that can generate it for you, or you figure out a way to generate it yourself. Hunt down "FSC E90 Generator" and you may find some results.
Appreciate 1
DreamTime863.50
      03-11-2018, 05:18 AM   #53
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Go with your 80% gut instinct. Retaining the ability to select between stiff, less stiff and pillowy with the EDC button is over rated. Personally I do not feel the difference nor do I leave it in any setting other than stiff.
Appreciate 1
DreamTime863.50
      03-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #54
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Rotate the spacer on the rotor/hub til you can't rock it back and forth. I went thru this as well. So while the spacer is sitting in the rotor, rotate it until it sits flush with no movement. Install wheel and your vibration will be gone.
      03-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #55
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

I'm going for the same goal as you and I believe option 3 or 4 are the best route for our goal. I am currently running the 4th option and it is nice. I set mine to soft and it's just a tad stiffer than my 18' Camry SE beater on slower speeds. The front adjusters are at the bottom and sometimes it's hard trying to feel for it when you're lying on the ground under the sun. Makes me want to get the Bilsteins haha.

Last edited by E90M3velocity; 03-11-2018 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 12:19 AM   #56
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Rotate the spacer on the rotor/hub til you can't rock it back and forth. I went thru this as well. So while the spacer is sitting in the rotor, rotate it until it sits flush with no movement. Install wheel and your vibration will be gone.
Thanks! However, I noticed my spacer will allow itself to rock no matter what. I tried this with a friend's burger tuning 18mm spacer and was unable to achieve a tight fit as you suggest.

Currently, this is the information I have gathered:

#Symptoms
1. Vibration above 60mph
2. Vibration till 110-120mph

#Scenarios
1. Stock 219M, no vibrations (stock bolts)
2. GT4 + Apex 15mm + Apex 90mm studds, vibrations
3. Stock 219M + Apex 15mm + Apex 90mm studds, vibrations

Troubleshooting attempts so far
1. re-clean hub
2. anti-sieze the hub lip area (not really a fix but figure I do it)
3. torque wheels in the air using step method (50-75-88)
4. GT4 Wheels were road forced balance at two different shops.

I'm stumped. Next week I plan to swap back the stock wheels to validate that scenario 1 is fine with studs. I'm not sure what would be the problem. Hopefully, I can swap my 18mm APEX from the rear and see if that changes anything as well.

Quote:
Go with your 80% gut instinct. Retaining the ability to select between stiff, less stiff and pillowy with the EDC button is over rated. Personally I do not feel the difference nor do I leave it in any setting other than stiff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
I'm going for the same goal as you and I believe option 3 or 4 are the best route for our goal. I am currently running the 4th option and it is nice. I set mine to soft and it's just a tad stiffer than my 18' Camry SE beater on slower speeds. The front adjusters are at the bottom and sometimes it's hard trying to feel for it when you're lying on the ground under the sun. Makes me want to get the Bilsteins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstoneorspacegray View Post
I just picked up the Ohlins and I'm a bit higher than I was with H&R sports but I don't scrape anymore and the ride is so much better. I miss the EDC just because but the ride is so nice that the damping almost seems dynamic.

I don't have camber plates but I'm super happy with my decision.
Thanks, guys! I'm having a gut feeling that the Ohlins will also be in my best interest with Vorhslag camber plates. I definitely want to address this stupid vibration issue prior to introducing more aftermarket parts. Street compliance is a high priority as it will be driven mostly on the street..for now. With the reviews I've seen so far, the dampeners will allow for spring upgrades should it not be adequate enough on the track.

BOOF-M3, I tell you, you are the M3-owner-whisperer

E90M3velocity you should sell me your Ohlins when you get Bilstiens! Or at least let me get a ride in your car since you are local!

Silverstoneorspacegray, EDC is dynamic dampening based on acceleration sensors..so that is probably why!

Last edited by derbo; 03-12-2018 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
DreamTime863.50
      03-12-2018, 07:16 AM   #57
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! However, I noticed my spacer will allow itself to rock no matter what. I tried this with a friend's burger tuning 18mm spacer and was unable to achieve a tight fit as you suggest. .
!
With the studs out are you able to mount the spacer without any movement? Any chance one of the studs isn't mounted straight or stud itself isn't?
      03-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #58
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
I meant that the non-EDC ohlins damping is so good across various conditions it almost feels dynamic
Oh man. You are getting me excited about the Ohlins.

Quote:
With the studs out are you able to mount the spacer without any movement? Any chance one of the studs isn't mounted straight or stud itself isn't?
Unfortunately, the studs were installed at the same time so I don't have the ability to test that. The spacers don't wobble if I try to put lateral force on it (like gap wobble). However, it is able to rotate on the hub fairly easily like turning a dial motion Is that normal behavior?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #59
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
DreamTime I thought the B8 were out of stock for months?

##Update

My brother took it for a test drive today on a foggy morning and reported the vibration has reduced from the first test drive but still noticeable. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to get the car up and ensure the spacers have the best surface to attach to.

The car looks great from the rear

The car looks great and its time to start working on the rest of items.

##Initial Goals
My intended goals with this car is to build a wonderful street car with the capabilities of going to an HPDE and not destroying itself.
  • Capable of street comfort (upper limit of tolerance is fine)
  • Capable of surviving a weekend at the local tracks without fuss.
  • Reasonable cost of parts.

For the braking situation, I think I'll try getting Castrol SRF fluid (great wet boiling point, SS brake lines (not sure which brand yet), and PFC 08 pads for longevity benefits. I may just get a set of rotors to be ready on hand when I toast these...

Suspension however, I am left undecided...

### The Suspension Options
  • Option 1: ~$844 Swift Spec R Springs, Vorshlag Camber Plates
  • Option 2: ~$2500 Swift Spec R Springs, Vorshlag Camber Plates, B6 Damptronic suspension
  • Option 3: ~$3500 Vorshlag Camber Plates, B16 Damptronic suspension, retain EDC
  • Option 4: $~2900 Vorshlag camber plates, Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers, Lose EDC
  • Option 5: $unknown ZCP Suspension for E90. Rare, hard to find used and expensive if it is new

Option 1 initially seemed to be the most logical but reviews are mixed and ultimately I probably will be unhappy with it. Option 2 may have the same outcome as Option 1 but the price is so close to the coilovers, it might be worth it just to ignore this option. Option 3 would be nice to retain EDC but I am unclear how compliant it will be on the street. Option 4 has wonderful reviews of its street compliance but lacking track stiffness. This does sound more in line with what I am aiming for. Another note for the Ohlins is the rebuild interval is suggested at 50k and Bilsteins are rated at 100k. Performance Shock Shop is a local to me so it might be a moot in that situation. The downfall of the ohlins is that EDC will be lost. Option 5 is to find ZCP suspension for an E90 and utilize it. I have NO clue if this actually will make any sense as I probably will be unhappy with the ride height if I'm spending money on it.

With my intentions to have this car mainly street with 3-4 HPDEs a year, Ohlins R&T sounds like the best bang for the buck. A few searches on this forum also suggest that there is no need for more front wheel clearance like the KW coilovers (maybe bilstien needs it too?) for the Ohlins. EDC seems like a hassle to retain unless I opt for the B16 Damptronics. It is a tight race between the Ohlins R&T and the B16s. Right now I'm leaning towards the Ohlins by 80%. The 20% reserve is that magical ability to retain that cool EDC button in the center console..LOL. The trackrat in me wants to the granularity of independent rebound adjustment, where the tech guy in me wants to utilize the cool technology the car has. Decisions decisions.
First of all... omfg I love foggy San Fran drives. Second... sadly, yes - B8s are ridiculously backordered. Thankfully, I know a guy who knows a guy Hoping I get my shocks a little sooner than what it was seeming like a month ago.

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on suspension. I almost went with the full B16 setup, but refrained only because I want to have a somewhat stock-ish suspension so I can focus more on learning how to be a better driver on the track vs having a car that "helps" me be a better driver. Although, I'm not sure H&R sport springs and B8 shocks count as stock-ish anymore..? I am still fairly new to modding my car for track/performance reasons, so I have a lot of learning to do. That won't stop me from having a good time during the process though lol. Thank you for sharing your experience! It is really helpful for people like me

Sidenote - I have a Macht Schnell EDC emulation module sitting in my garage, along with my pile of bushings and mounts, that I will install when my shocks finally arrive. After a long personal debate (lol), I chose to give it up.
Appreciate 2
derbo3592.00
BOOF-M34448.50
      03-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #60
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I meant that the non-EDC ohlins damping is so good across various conditions it almost feels dynamic
Oh man. You are getting me excited about the Ohlins.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the studs were installed at the same time so I don't have the ability to test that. The spacers don't wobble if I try to put lateral force on it (like gap wobble). However, it is able to rotate on the hub fairly easily like turning a dial motion Is that normal behavior?
My ECS ones will turn like a dial but it takes some effort but it's not difficult either. The spacers will sit on the rotor lip without holding it and stay there when I mount the wheel so it's pretty snug. I thoroughly cleaned that lip on the hub/rotor with a wire brush to make sure there wasn't anything there.
      03-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #61
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
First of all... omfg I love foggy San Fran drives. Second... sadly, yes - B8s are ridiculously backordered. Thankfully, I know a guy who knows a guy Hoping I get my shocks a little sooner than what it was seeming like a month ago.

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on suspension. I almost went with the full B16 setup, but refrained only because I want to have a somewhat stock-ish suspension so I can focus more on learning how to be a better driver on the track vs having a car that "helps" me be a better driver. Although, I'm not sure H&R sport springs and B8 shocks count as stock-ish anymore..? I am still fairly new to modding my car for track/performance reasons, so I have a lot of learning to do. That won't stop me from having a good time during the process though lol. Thank you for sharing your experience! It is really helpful for people like me

Sidenote - I have a Macht Schnell EDC emulation module sitting in my garage, along with my pile of bushings and mounts, that I will install when my shocks finally arrive. After a long personal debate (lol), I chose to give it up.
Yes, the drives around Skyline highway 35 are awesome at 7 am in the morning! Good thing you know a guy! In your situation, I definitely see the benefit of moving in smaller steps to view progression as a driver instead of vehicle capability. I've "been there, done that" with my old E46 ZHP in regards to progression and I don't want to overhaul my suspension more than once. Spring changes are fine so getting the right dampeners the first time would be ideal. Realistically, I probably will be happy with either the B16 or the R&T. The decision really comes down to two questions: Is retaining EDC worth extra roughly $700? Is the B16 compliant on the street like Ohlins? Hopefully, someone buys the B16 locally and I can have a ride in it. I'm on the same path, that I want the ability to adjust my dampening myself but the B16 dynamic adjustment with the ZCP might be more than enough for an average joe like myself in Advanced HPDE groups.

Oh, yea! FWIW DreamTime, EDC can be unplugged and coded out without the ugly aftermarket modules sitting around.

## Vibration problem

Quote:
My ECS ones will turn like a dial but it takes some effort but it's not difficult either. The spacers will sit on the rotor lip without holding it and stay there when I mount the wheel so it's pretty snug. I thoroughly cleaned that lip on the hub/rotor with a wire brush to make sure there wasn't anything there.
Okay, that describes how my spacers are. I tried a known working spacer (burger tuning 18mm) and I still have vibrations at 60. I spoke with Brandon at Performance Technic and he said he commonly has seen high sensitivity with spacers 10mm or larger. His suggestion was to balance the wheels with the spacers on the balancer. I'll give that a whirl this weekend to see if that helps.

Hopefully I won't see thing on my steering wheel anymore.

Appreciate 1
DreamTime863.50
      03-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #62
Johnny250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon

sweet car! used to have one myself, miss the v8 dearly.

Appreciate 2
derbo3592.00
      03-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #63
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
I would go with Option 4: Vorshlag camber plates, Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers, Lose EDC. I'm currently running this setup and wanted the most comfortable street ride with the ability to track. This setup definitely achieves that and I couldn't be happier.

Driving around the Bay Area, I have my dampening set at 8 which is very comfortable and still allows for spirited drives. At the track I do have the dampening set at 1 from stiffest. With R-comps and my driving style, anything above this has too much bodyroll for me unfortunately.

If you shop smart, you could most likely find this setup for around $2500-2600 new. EDC is definitely overrated and is a PITA when it's malfunctioning. Get this setup, have your EDC coded out and you'll be a happy camper.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #64
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
I would go with Option 4: Vorshlag camber plates, Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers, Lose EDC. I'm currently running this setup and wanted the most comfortable street ride with the ability to track. This setup definitely achieves that and I couldn't be happier.

Driving around the Bay Area, I have my dampening set at 8 which is very comfortable and still allows for spirited drives. At the track I do have the dampening set at 1 from stiffest. With R-comps and my driving style, anything above this has too much bodyroll for me unfortunately.

If you shop smart, you could most likely find this setup for around $2500-2600 new. EDC is definitely overrated and is a PITA when it's malfunctioning. Get this setup, have your EDC coded out and you'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for the input! I was reading the BMS MI40 installation PDF (for research) and noticed this page.

Is your setup at 8 clicks for the street?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #65
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the input! I was reading the BMS MI40 installation PDF (for research) and noticed this page.

Is your setup at 8 clicks for the street?
No problem. Yes, it's at 8 clicks for the street...for me personally, that had the best feeling for street comfort and spirited driving.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 1
derbo3592.00
      03-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #66
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
No problem. Yes, it's at 8 clicks for the street...for me personally, that had the best feeling for street comfort and spirited driving.

Perfect! I figured I would most likely be in a similar dampening setup as you.

One thing I was thinking about as well, was the rear adjustment process. I found someone who used furniture hole covers and the HPA rear adjuster extenders.. It is actually very effective and looks clean to me!

Last edited by derbo; 03-13-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 2
CSBM52695.50
dj_dub1801.50