BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

04-02-2019, 12:07 AM   #45
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
You should stop posting. You clearly don't know anything. The diff has several other bolts hold it up, plus the drive shaft and output shalfs, it will not be easy to move around with that one bolt sheered, it takes a lot of force.

Please stop giving advise you aren't helping, the best advise is always to get it inspected rather than making up stupid guesses.
Wow guy. I usually respect your input, but you are way off here. I have video of my own car with one broken diff bolt sheared exactly like his where the diff rotates substantially with minor force from my foot pressing on one side of the diff. I'm not making shit up. There are only three bolts attaching the diff to the subframe and if one breaks it can certainly move without a lot of force.

https://youtu.be/vAcOXMimy8E

Last edited by Bartledoo; 04-02-2019 at 12:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
Siajoon1856.50
      04-02-2019, 12:17 AM   #46
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
You should stop posting. You clearly don't know anything. The diff has several other bolts hold it up, plus the drive shaft and output shalfs, it will not be easy to move around with that one bolt sheered, it takes a lot of force.

Please stop giving advise you aren't helping, the best advise is always to get it inspected rather than making up stupid guesses.
Wow guy. I usually respect your input, but you are way off here. I have video of my own car with one broken diff bolt sheared exactly like his where the diff rotates substantially with minor force from my foot pressing on one side of the diff. I'm not making shit up. There are only three bolts attaching the diff to the subframe and if one breaks it can certainly move without a lot of force.
Don't feed this troll. He obviously has no idea what he's talking about.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 06:11 AM   #47
TeroRider
Track Junkie
Rep
Drives: X5M BlackFire and M3 E92 Comp

Did you eventually fix this entirely?
I've changed diff bushes, motor mounts, gearbox mounts (DCT), rubber guibo on the driveshaft and I still have the clunk (much like the video posted earlier with the car on track).
I'm thinking of doing subframe bushes, but the car is on 45k miles and I'm having doubts the subframe bushes could be that bad so they cause this?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #48
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeroRider View Post
Did you eventually fix this entirely?
I've changed diff bushes, motor mounts, gearbox mounts (DCT), rubber guibo on the driveshaft and I still have the clunk (much like the video posted earlier with the car on track).
I'm thinking of doing subframe bushes, but the car is on 45k miles and I'm having doubts the subframe bushes could be that bad so they cause this?
Yes, I can say without a doubt after replacing my subframe bushings with solid bushings and replaced the sheared bolt there is zero clunk from the rear from sudden and quick acceleration. It feels as it's suppose to know. I'd do the subframe bushings if I were you. But make sure you use solid bushings.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #49
TeroRider
Track Junkie
Rep
Drives: X5M BlackFire and M3 E92 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Yes, I can say without a doubt after replacing my subframe bushings with solid bushings and replaced the sheared bolt there is zero clunk from the rear from sudden and quick acceleration. It feels as it's suppose to know. I'd do the subframe bushings if I were you. But make sure you use solid bushings.
Thanks a lot buddy!
I want to stay away from the solid bushings, as this is the daily car, which I want to keep 100% stock. I think I will try brand new ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #50
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeroRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Thanks a lot buddy!
I want to stay away from the solid bushings, as this is the daily car, which I want to keep 100% stock. I think I will try brand new ones.
If you are worried about a rough ride, don't be.

The car is just as comfortable and makes zero noise with solid bushings.
Appreciate 0