BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #89
boostboost
Private
17
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: turbo
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: san luis obispo

iTrader: (0)

add me for a set if they are still available. stock plastic ones are barely hanging on
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #90
Aktavate
Second Lieutenant
Aktavate's Avatar
192
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: Red
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Reno / SFBA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2002 911 Turbo  [0.00]
Yea I'd be down for a set as well if you are making more, even if there is a wait. I'd also be ok with buying them in raw finish and having them coated after if that makes it any easier.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #91
Jive
Lieutenant
Jive's Avatar
40
Rep
484
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Sign me up for any finish/color if you’re making more!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #92
Rboorgu
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florence, AL

iTrader: (0)

Add me to the list please Dark Grey color is OK for me email rboorgu1@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #93
jid2
Private First Class
jid2's Avatar
172
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Valley- Redmond, WA

iTrader: (2)

Finished the jack pad machining and working on the nuts now.

Appreciate 3
M3SQRD377.50
derbo918.50
Tewie167.00

      10-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #94
M3SQRD
Brigadier General
M3SQRD's Avatar
United_States
378
Rep
3,259
Posts

Drives: E92 M3,R56 S,F22 240iX,F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

iTrader: (11)

Awesome work

Thank you for your time and effort!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #95
Hujan
Brigadier General
Hujan's Avatar
United_States
462
Rep
3,693
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: .

iTrader: (16)

Fantastic work. I would also be up for a set if there's enough.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #96
arvinz
Captain
arvinz's Avatar
Canada
245
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M VO
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I'll take a set in anodized black please. (Hoping these fit on the E82 platform?)

01. Derbo
02. SFCM3
03. Warp10
04. rhyary
05. IanMan
06. dj_dub
07. ProperStyle
08. Jeremyuhh
09. VictorH
10. okusa
11. M3SQRD
12. Master P
13. Wyattkb
14. arvinz
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #97
z3papa
Captain
United_States
152
Rep
892
Posts

Drives: 11 E92 M3 ZCP, 07 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bloomington IL

iTrader: (2)

I'll take a set in anodized black please.
01. Derbo
02. SFCM3
03. Warp10
04. rhyary
05. IanMan
06. dj_dub
07. ProperStyle
08. Jeremyuhh
09. VictorH
10. okusa
11. M3SQRD
12. Master P
13. Wyattkb
14. arvinz
15. Z3papa
__________________
TC Kline DA F-Street Legal Struts/Shocks for Sale https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1565633

2011.5 E92 M3 ZCP.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #98
E30M3Brill
E90 ZCP 6MT, E92 LimeRock DCT, E30 M3
E30M3Brill's Avatar
49
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: E30 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: NY/MA/NC

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
I'll take a set in anodized black please.
01. Derbo
02. SFCM3
03. Warp10
04. rhyary
05. IanMan
06. dj_dub
07. ProperStyle
08. Jeremyuhh
09. VictorH
10. okusa
11. M3SQRD
12. Master P
13. Wyattkb
14. arvinz
15. Z3papa
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
I'll take a set in anodized black please.
01. Derbo
02. SFCM3
03. Warp10
04. rhyary
05. IanMan
06. dj_dub
07. ProperStyle
08. Jeremyuhh
09. VictorH
10. okusa
11. M3SQRD
12. Master P
13. Wyattkb
14. arvinz
15. Z3papa
16. E30M3Brill - if to late for this run then next!
__________________
E30 M3 '91 Briliantrot Garage Queen ----- E92 M3 '13 LRP (FO) DCT Stock, w/ only Challenge Mid-Pipe ----- E90 M3 '11 AW 6MT ZCP, Turner Test Pipes, Turner Stage 2 Tune, RAC wheels and other bits...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #99
rhyary
Captain
United_States
157
Rep
646
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Hey Jid,
Any update?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #100
jid2
Private First Class
jid2's Avatar
172
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Valley- Redmond, WA

iTrader: (2)

Waiting on anodizing. Slowness. Looks like a few more weeks for them to get to the front of the line.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 10:12 PM   #101
rhyary
Captain
United_States
157
Rep
646
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
Waiting on anodizing. Slowness. Looks like a few more weeks for them to get to the front of the line.
Thx
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #102
Gbiz
Fo Shizzle
Gbiz's Avatar
71
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: .

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30M3Brill View Post
16. E30M3Brill - if to late for this run then next!
I'm biting. If you're willing to go past 15 people, I'm happy to pay.

17.GBizzle
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #103
jid2
Private First Class
jid2's Avatar
172
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Valley- Redmond, WA

iTrader: (2)

I feel like I need to manage expectations here.

I know everyone is excited about this crowd sourced list that has been created and the notion of a group buy. This is none of those things.

This is my spare time, I try and make cool stuff that I'm interested in. In this case I decided to use a butt-ton of my spare time and build roughly a dozen sets of these jack pads. They are still not done, and there is no timeline or deadline for when they will be done. But when they are done - they will be killer! I'm not taking money, accepting pre-orders, or anything like that because I don't want to be working for you, or on your timeline. Not because I'm a jerk, but because I'm on my family's timeline and I'm a busy guy, my projects move slow.

When they are finished I'll likely put them on my website and people can buy them. I had some early estimates of cost, but at this point I'm just waiting to see where I actually land on time and materials. There's a ton of work into these, I've still got engraving on three sides of each part to do after anodizing as well.

I know that I won't be doing anymore of these anytime soon (like years), I've got a bunch of other projects to get to now.
__________________
2012 E92 M3 ZCP MCS 2WR coilovers 600F/900R, Performance Friction ZF54 front BBK, stainless lines, Ferodo DS 2500 rear pads, Hotchkins F/R swaybars, solid subframe mounts, BE Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Bimmerworld motor mounts, AFe intake, underdrive, CSF radiator, GT4 front lip (ebay), APR GT 500, ebay side skirts, RaceEng tug, 15mm/10mm spacers on ZCP wheels, Apex ARC 8 18x10 square track wheels with Pirelli 265 DH slicks
Appreciate 2
M3SQRD377.50
M3MPH1S423.50

      11-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #104
derbo
Keeper of Blinky Lights
derbo's Avatar
United_States
919
Rep
1,046
Posts

Drives: Beluga Whale
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the clarification. I want the first set BTW. .
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #105
jid2
Private First Class
jid2's Avatar
172
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Valley- Redmond, WA

iTrader: (2)

Haha!

I'll try and work to the list as best as possible - but it's not gospel. And just want to let people know that another run isn't a for sure. And with that I'll try and be a fair as possible getting them to those who want them.

Pretty excited to see them finished, shame they go on the bottom of the car!
Appreciate 1
derbo918.50

      11-06-2018, 07:45 PM   #106
rhyary
Captain
United_States
157
Rep
646
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
Haha!

I'll try and work to the list as best as possible - but it's not gospel. And just want to let people know that another run isn't a for sure. And with that I'll try and be a fair as possible getting them to those who want them.

Pretty excited to see them finished, shame they go on the bottom of the car!
This is why we have a list and a number next to it. :-)

I can't see a better way to be fair.
Perhaps you can engrave a small serial number on each set ;-)

I'll take number 4
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 11:49 PM   #107
Properstyle
Major
379
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
I feel like I need to manage expectations here.

I know everyone is excited about this crowd sourced list that has been created and the notion of a group buy. This is none of those things.

This is my spare time, I try and make cool stuff that I'm interested in. In this case I decided to use a butt-ton of my spare time and build roughly a dozen sets of these jack pads. They are still not done, and there is no timeline or deadline for when they will be done. But when they are done - they will be killer! I'm not taking money, accepting pre-orders, or anything like that because I don't want to be working for you, or on your timeline. Not because I'm a jerk, but because I'm on my family's timeline and I'm a busy guy, my projects move slow.

When they are finished I'll likely put them on my website and people can buy them. I had some early estimates of cost, but at this point I'm just waiting to see where I actually land on time and materials. There's a ton of work into these, I've still got engraving on three sides of each part to do after anodizing as well.

I know that I won't be doing anymore of these anytime soon (like years), I've got a bunch of other projects to get to now.
Will those of us that were in that first 10 at least that asked get ours? Can I send deposit?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 01:19 AM   #108
SFCM3
Major
United_States
915
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

you guys dont get it, leave the guy alone. if and when he finishes they will be for sale. until then, jack with care. lol
Appreciate 5
z3papa151.50
derbo918.50
ebisu8235.00

      11-07-2018, 06:44 AM   #109
gmx
Second Lieutenant
58
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney, AU

iTrader: (0)

The sense of entitlement and arbitrary priority listing is insane. I guess, if you'll send over a CAD model when you want, I'll take/pay that.
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2018, 07:57 PM   #110
slowm3sedan
Private First Class
slowm3sedan's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
178
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (1)

Great work. Looks like top notch quality 👌
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST