BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #45
ChadB
Second Lieutenant
ChadB's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 14-RDX 15MDX 16 TLX
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Vermilion,Ohio

iTrader: (1)

SIC. Love the wheels. Got any vids?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #46
Exclusivs
Colonel
Exclusivs's Avatar
No_Country
307
Rep
2,144
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadB View Post
SIC. Love the wheels. Got any vids?
Thanks for kind words, unfortunately no "vids."

Update of sorts:

Have been exploring subtle ways of reducing some unnecessary weight, specifically with the option of OEM style/Fit Carbon trunk I have in mind. More of a priority to me is supportive seating (entirely different topic).
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 09:01 AM   #47
Exclusivs
Colonel
Exclusivs's Avatar
No_Country
307
Rep
2,144
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (24)

Update ;

Some TLC Original spark plugs changed. Although only @ 32k miles, has been high priority. Inspected when removed, not horrible but a good time.









New shoes too At 18.9lbs who is to complain? Forged, lightweight, and some nice detail - These are pretty cool!

Appreciate 1
      11-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #48
vitalsigns
Private
17
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
New shoes too At 18.9lbs who is to complain? Forged, lightweight, and some nice detail - These are pretty cool!

Nice. What rims are these?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #49
derbo
Keeper of Blinky Lights
derbo's Avatar
United_States
905
Rep
1,028
Posts

Drives: Beluga Whale
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsigns View Post
Nice. What rims are these?
Looks like the Bimmerworld TA16s
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #50
vitalsigns
Private
17
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Looks like the Bimmerworld TA16s
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #51
HELROTM3
First Lieutenant
149
Rep
318
Posts

Drives: 1995 e36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Looks like the Bimmerworld TA16s
To replace the Volk's?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 04:13 AM   #52
Exclusivs
Colonel
Exclusivs's Avatar
No_Country
307
Rep
2,144
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Looks like the Bimmerworld TA16s
Indeed they are! Thanks for answering that Derbo!


Quote:
Originally Posted by HELROTM3 View Post
To replace the Volk's?
Just to change it up. There are very few wheels that can replace Volks. Its a timeless wheel I may go back to in a different shade possibly? But FWIW I really do like the Bimmerworld TA16's. Just don't think they get as much public forum "glam"


Some new small updates : Changed spring rates front & rear on the KW Clubsport. Not enough time driven yet, but initial test says its a go! Picked up set of genuine OEM performance splitters. Scheduled to bring car to dealer to finally have the TAKATA Air bag recall done. The OEM Electronic Performance wheel has been tempting + perfect time to swap it when @ the dealer for airbag. Only thing I don't like about it is the white stitching. Pictures soon!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words , and IND, Performance Tech & Jeff @ Essex for the continued support. Hats off to all those involved, and continue to fine tune this project.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #53
mlee4984
Slow M3 Driver
mlee4984's Avatar
United_States
78
Rep
642
Posts

Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to mlee4984
Nice build bud! Post more pix!
__________________

2014 Citrin Schwarz Metallic M5
2005 Interlagos Blau Metallic M3
Appreciate 1
Exclusivs307.00

      06-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #54
derbo
Keeper of Blinky Lights
derbo's Avatar
United_States
905
Rep
1,028
Posts

Drives: Beluga Whale
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
Indeed they are! Thanks for answering that Derbo!




Just to change it up. There are very few wheels that can replace Volks. Its a timeless wheel I may go back to in a different shade possibly? But FWIW I really do like the Bimmerworld TA16's. Just don't think they get as much public forum "glam"


Some new small updates : Changed spring rates front & rear on the KW Clubsport. Not enough time driven yet, but initial test says its a go! Picked up set of genuine OEM performance splitters. Scheduled to bring car to dealer to finally have the TAKATA Air bag recall done. The OEM Electronic Performance wheel has been tempting + perfect time to swap it when @ the dealer for airbag. Only thing I don't like about it is the white stitching. Pictures soon!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words , and IND, Performance Tech & Jeff @ Essex for the continued support. Hats off to all those involved, and continue to fine tune this project.

I thought you were selling the TA16s?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #55
Exclusivs
Colonel
Exclusivs's Avatar
No_Country
307
Rep
2,144
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
I thought you were selling the TA16s?
I am. Too much wheel hoarding going on at the moment. They'd look great on your E90!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #56
e90///M3
Second Lieutenant
50
Rep
205
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Looks like the Bimmerworld TA16s
Indeed they are! Thanks for answering that Derbo!


Quote:
Originally Posted by HELROTM3 View Post
To replace the Volk's?
Just to change it up. There are very few wheels that can replace Volks. Its a timeless wheel I may go back to in a different shade possibly? But FWIW I really do like the Bimmerworld TA16's. Just don't think they get as much public forum "glam"


Some new small updates : Changed spring rates front & rear on the KW Clubsport. Not enough time driven yet, but initial test says its a go! Picked up set of genuine OEM performance splitters. Scheduled to bring car to dealer to finally have the TAKATA Air bag recall done. The OEM Electronic Performance wheel has been tempting + perfect time to swap it when @ the dealer for airbag. Only thing I don't like about it is the white stitching. Pictures soon!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words , and IND, Performance Tech & Jeff @ Essex for the continued support. Hats off to all those involved, and continue to fine tune this project.
Always Been a fan of this build. Whats the reason to change the springs on the CS? What rate?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #57
SoCalRPM
Lieutenant
SoCalRPM's Avatar
292
Rep
460
Posts

Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: May 2017
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Nice photos!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #58
italyix
Captain
italyix's Avatar
United_States
106
Rep
968
Posts

Drives: '08 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (5)

How do the AP brakes compare to the Brembos, in terms of pedal feel and overall consistency? I have the brembos and really do not like how the pedal feel is too soft, have to pump a few times to get a stiff feel (TWSS). Also, PTech has only ever touched my car, including multiple flushes to the brakes using Motul 600 and now I'm on Endless fluid. Same pedal feel.


The APs are on my list but want to make sure I justify the price tag. Car is mostly a track toy at this point, hardly sees street.
__________________
Mods: too many the list wont fit in the sig page. PM me
Tesla Referral code: http://ts.la/juliana77782
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #59
Exclusivs
Colonel
Exclusivs's Avatar
No_Country
307
Rep
2,144
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90///M3 View Post
Always Been a fan of this build. Whats the reason to change the springs on the CS? What rate?
Appreciate the comment and glad you have been following
The KW CS have been fantastic. Main reason for spring change = freedom of wider wheel/tire (square) setup without spacers when desired. Second): KW went to a softer rate rear late in production cycle. Took the opportunity with suspension out to see how the stiffer rears would behave.





Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Nice photos!
Thanks, all the talented work of Photographer Courtney Cutchen!


Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
How do the AP brakes compare to the Brembos, in terms of pedal feel and overall consistency? I have the brembos and really do not like how the pedal feel is too soft, have to pump a few times to get a stiff feel (TWSS). Also, PTech has only ever touched my car, including multiple flushes to the brakes using Motul 600 and now I'm on Endless fluid. Same pedal feel.


The APs are on my list but want to make sure I justify the price tag. Car is mostly a track toy at this point, hardly sees street.
Both have been great! Not able to provide an accurate contrast. Brakes remain largely a (driver) preference. Without knowing details of your car/kit (mileage, maintenance history, rotor type, pad type) impossible to say. Check for air in the lines, or damage to the hardlines.

You are in good hands with Joe & the gents at Performance Technic!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST