BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

05-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
OEM Euro Headlight Switch Installed >>>

Simple but effective little mod that I've done to all my cars. This mod enables the Rear Fog lights to turn on. I opted to purchase the OEM Euro Headlight Switch opposed to doing the free method found in the DIY section here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531296

To me, it's worth the money to do it 'factory style' and honestly it's not that expensive. I paid $108 from GetBMWParts.com. The Part Number for your reference is: 61319169400.

You can use the link provided above for installation help. It's really easy and takes about 15mins max.

The Euro Switch:

IMG_4780a by dj_dub, on Flickr

IMG_4781a by dj_dub, on Flickr

Comparison to the Stock Headlight Switch:

IMG_4785a by dj_dub, on Flickr

Installed:

IMG_4809a by dj_dub, on Flickr

If you do it right, this light will come on in your dash…shown in the Red Circle:

IMG_4821a by dj_dub, on Flickr

Rear Fogs Illuminated:

IMG_4820a by dj_dub, on Flickr
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights

Last edited by dj_dub; 05-19-2014 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 02:33 AM   #2
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Nicely done. I had to have this installed since I live in England. It was mandated before I could register the vehicle. To be honest, I never use the fogs because I only take the car out in nice weather.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Looks great! This is my next mod as well, and I agree, looks cleaner with the OEM switch then the modification method in the DIY (though both are great options). Good call on the link too, I was under the impression ECS had the lowest price, but you just saved me $40!
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
Nicely done. I had to have this installed since I live in England. It was mandated before I could register the vehicle. To be honest, I never use the fogs because I only take the car out in nice weather.
Thank you. ...I too mostly drive my car in nice weather. However, I like to occasionally drive it in the rain. These rear fogs can literally save my ass in bad visibility. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by B8bydesign View Post
Looks great! This is my next mod as well, and I agree, looks cleaner with the OEM switch then the modification method in the DIY (though both are great options). Good call on the link too, I was under the impression ECS had the lowest price, but you just saved me $40!
Thanks man! ...no problem! I was also going to purchase from ECS until I checked GetBMWParts.com. Thankfully I did, that $40 can go towards dinner or groceries! lol
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

So, just to be clear, this is straight plug and play? Install the switch and everything works? Pretty neat if that's the case.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
So, just to be clear, this is straight plug and play? Install the switch and everything works? Pretty neat if that's the case.
Yessir! Plug and play...buy the switch, install it...and everything works! No extra modding necessary.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
Yessir! Plug and play...buy the switch, install it...and everything works! No extra modding necessary.
Nice! I really appreciate you starting this thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Nice! I really appreciate you starting this thread.
No problem, my pleasure! I wanted to show people that weren't aware of how easy and well worth it of a mod this is.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 06:35 PM   #9
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Tail Wind. Good for +5 HP.

A Mod is a Mod.

Cheers
Appreciate 0