BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

12-07-2020, 03:33 AM   #1
4DOOR_E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Xtron android unit no sound

Hey. I'm looking for some help with my head unit. I have the xtron head unit for a e90 with the CCC system. I also have the upgraded individual sound system in the car as an option if that makes a difference. I'm having two issues.

Prior to installing the head unit, I can only get sound when I play music through the aux port. For some reason my FM/AM/Sat/BT streaming doesn't work. I believe my satellite unit in the trunk may be shot. Would buying the jumper/by pass cable for the satellite module optical connection give me sound again for FM/AM/BT radio with out using the aux?

I installed the xtron head unit and it works perfect through the aux connection. When I play music through the Bluetooth dongle for Apple car play, I get no sound.

Also these android units are supposed to allow us to connect to our factory CCC I drive. When I try to switch the the CCC system my unit says no signal or the screen is just scrambled. ( see pictures below) Do you think this is a defective unit or is something wrong. I double checked all connects and harness, everything looks correct.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 03:42 AM   #2
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

I have one of these China Android units - not specifically XTRON brand - and everything works as it should. Mine is E92 M3 with CIC. I would reach out to your vendor and see if they can help.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 05:15 AM   #3
FrozenE92M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen White Edition E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
I have one of these China Android units - not specifically XTRON brand - and everything works as it should. Mine is E92 M3 with CIC. I would reach out to your vendor and see if they can help.
Can you please specify what unit you have? I have an E92 cic and have been trying to do some research on what would be a good fit for me. Any input would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 05:17 AM   #4
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Does the Android part work?

My CarPlay unit caused all sorts of system issues when I had the jumpers set incorrectly. Does yours have jumper settings for different system configs?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 06:39 AM   #5
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenE92M3 View Post
Can you please specify what unit you have? I have an E92 cic and have been trying to do some research on what would be a good fit for me. Any input would be appreciated.
Not sure what brand, got it from a reseller who also installed it for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 06:40 AM   #6
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post

My CarPlay unit caused all sorts of system issues when I had the jumpers set incorrectly. Does yours have jumper settings for different system configs?
Everything works on my unit. Android, PlayStore, Waze, BT streaming, reverse cam, integration with CIC, iDrive, steering wheel controls, iDrive controller, GPS, all zero issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #7
4DOOR_E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The android side of things works perfectly fine.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 02:36 PM   #8
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Have you tried reconnecting the OEM screen?

The fact that you get sound suggests an issue with the video cable to me. I don’t know if CCC and CIC video cables are the same, but if they are is it possible you have the CIC Android unit?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #9
4DOOR_E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The fact that you get sound suggests an issue with the video cable to me. I don’t know if CCC and CIC video cables are the same, but if they are is it possible you have the CIC Android unit?
Quote:

The fact that you get sound suggests an issue with the video cable to me. I don't know if CCC and CIC video cables are the same, but if they are is it possible you have the CIC Android unit?
Yea when I reconnect the oem screen the video cable works find. When I connect it to aftermarket it doesn't work.

Yea I was thinking maybe the gave me the wrong unit. I ordered another one let's hope that works
Appreciate 1
MJBO2611.50
      12-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #10
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
A quick search suggests the model numbers are almost the same (QB8060CI and QB8060CC) so wouldn't be hard to mix them up.

Does it have the model number marked anywhere on the unit (or box)?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #11
Shall76
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

I had a similar issue where I couldn't get the audio working either. Instruction manuals were garbage.

I also have a CCC idrive with the individual audio upgrade btw.

So it turns out you need to remove the OEM fiber optic cable from the OEM wiring harness and plug it into the Xtrons female harness that goes into the back of the DVD/CD drive.

THEN you need to unplug the female "Audio out" on the Xtrons and use the male aux cable provided to run it to your aux input in your armrest.

Oddly even though I have the upgraded logic 7/individual audio, I DIDNT need to run that decoder box for audio.

To make sure the display screen isn't faulty, they said to run headphones to the "audio out" and make sure sound plays from it.

There's also a possibility they gave you the wrong wiring harness, mines was labeled KJD-7200-01.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 11:00 PM   #12
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shall76 View Post
I had a similar issue where I couldn't get the audio working either. Instruction manuals were garbage.

I also have a CCC idrive with the individual audio upgrade btw.

So it turns out you need to remove the OEM fiber optic cable from the OEM wiring harness and plug it into the Xtrons female harness that goes into the back of the DVD/CD drive.

THEN you need to unplug the female "Audio out" on the Xtrons and use the male aux cable provided to run it to your aux input in your armrest.

Oddly even though I have the upgraded logic 7/individual audio, I DIDNT need to run that decoder box for audio.

To make sure the display screen isn't faulty, they said to run headphones to the "audio out" and make sure sound plays from it.

There's also a possibility they gave you the wrong wiring harness, mines was labeled KJD-7200-01.
Spot on, excellent advice.
Appreciate 0