BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

10-05-2021, 09:49 PM   #177
djan9el
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msidhu1 View Post
CD1 is not showing up. Anytime I reset the unit - it goes from CD -- to CD unchecked to CD--.
How did you code the CDMM_CHANGER_3 to mp3_cdc? NCSExpert? Bimmercode? Other?

Something I would try is coding back the CDMM_CHANGER_3 option to original setting, check the setting took effect and then code back to mp3_cdc.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 09:56 PM   #178
frittel
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djan9el View Post
First thing that comes to mind is to verify your Mr12Volt unit installed software and firmware versions. Post the information to see if it matches ours.

Also, is this how you are connecting the LVDS cable?
Attachment 2712663

It wasn't clear for me when installing, so maybe this is causing the issue?

I think is pink, but could be purple. I'm getting old
It turns out my issue, as stupid as it is, was the dip switches... I had flipped them all ON initially (thinking that down was OFF). Once I flipped them back to the default OFF position I could choose CD1 and smooth sailing from there.
Appreciate 2
djan9el47.00
tdott3956.00
      10-05-2021, 10:00 PM   #179
djan9el
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frittel View Post
It turns out my issue, as stupid as it is, was the dip switches... I had flipped them all ON initially (thinking that down was OFF). Once I flipped them back to the default OFF position I could choose CD1 and smooth sailing from there.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 10:28 PM   #180
Msidhu1
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 IB DCT

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
CD1 is not showing up. Anytime I reset the unit - it goes from CD -- to CD unchecked to CD--.
How did you code the CDMM_CHANGER_3 to mp3_cdc? NCSExpert? Bimmercode? Other?

Something I would try is coding back the CDMM_CHANGER_3 option to original setting, check the setting took effect and then code back to mp3_cdc.
I used bimmercode app. I will try reverting back to original and recode.

Only thing that stands out is that my idrive was replaced in 2015. Is there registration process even if it is like to like change?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 11:31 PM   #181
djan9el
Private
Rep

Quote:

Only thing that stands out is that my idrive was replaced in 2015. Is there registration process even if it is like to like change?
I don't know the answer to this. Maybe someone else in the forum can chime in with some information. If you are able to use NCSexpert, maybe read the CIC ECU and attached the exported .TRC file with your current settings. Some of us can review the options and maybe compare to ours and see if something stands out.
Appreciate 1
Msidhu196.50
      10-06-2021, 12:27 AM   #182
Msidhu1
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know the answer to this. Maybe someone else in the forum can chime in with some information. If you are able to use NCSexpert, maybe read the CIC ECU and attached the exported .TRC file with your current settings. Some of us can review the options and maybe compare to ours and see if something stands out.
Finally was able to have it connect/recognize.

Looks like previous owner had an iPod retrofit kit installed at some point. Kit and wiring was left in the car behind the glove box. That kit also uses cd changer option to work. Looks like kit was blocking mr 12 volt connection Even-though there was no iPod connected. It worked on first try once I took all the wiring and box out.

Photo of the iPod retrofit kit that was behind the glove box.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:47 AM   #183
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Am I right in thinking the rear most connector that is pre installed is disabled with P2000 unit?

Reason I ask it I have a Helix SDMI25 planned for a future high end install which will be connected to a Mosconi AEROSPACE 8to12 DSP.

Ultimately this means this retrofit might not serve me in the pursuit of audio integration and high quality audio.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/h...ssories/sdmi25
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 07:25 AM   #184
Msidhu1
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornM View Post
Am I right in thinking the rear most connector that is pre installed is disabled with P2000 unit?

Reason I ask it I have a Helix SDMI25 planned for a future high end install which will be connected to a Mosconi AEROSPACE 8to12 DSP.

Ultimately this means this retrofit might not serve me in the pursuit of audio integration and high quality audio.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/h...ssories/sdmi25
In my case: Audio loop was complete as radio was functional. Retrofit kit for iPod was using the cd changer/cd1 option to play same as mr 12 box. Not knowingly I created a series connection of idrive to iPod kit to mr 12 box. This was blocking the recognition of the box.
In you case: looks like you just using the signal in and out for audio only. So mr12 box should work.

Caution lol: Now I am accountant by profession and have very basic knowledge of electronics. Other opinions/suggestions might hold more value.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 07:31 AM   #185
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Basically you want to connect another device to the MOST bus, so that should not be a problem as long as that device doesn't emulate the CD Changer like the 12Volt unit does, as you probably can't have two devices doing that at the same time.

That connector however could be just pre-wired and not currently connected to the MOST bus if it was just dangling there and never had anything connected to it, if it was connected to the MOST bus then other devices would not work when the ring is broken, so you'd need a MOST termination loop plugged in there to get everything working. The 12volt unit comes with a termination loop to plug in if you had a cd changer and went to disconnect it.

You would need to either connect that pre-wired MOST wire to the MOST ring behind the glovebox, or like the 12volt unit does, split another active MOST connection, like the TCU/MULF/Combox in the trunk. Either option should work for you to add something to the MOST bus.
Appreciate 2
Msidhu196.50
UnicornM391.00
      10-06-2021, 11:05 AM   #186
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Basically you want to connect another device to the MOST bus, so that should not be a problem as long as that device doesn't emulate the CD Changer like the 12Volt unit does, as you probably can't have two devices doing that at the same time.

That connector however could be just pre-wired and not currently connected to the MOST bus if it was just dangling there and never had anything connected to it, if it was connected to the MOST bus then other devices would not work when the ring is broken, so you'd need a MOST termination loop plugged in there to get everything working. The 12volt unit comes with a termination loop to plug in if you had a cd changer and went to disconnect it.

You would need to either connect that pre-wired MOST wire to the MOST ring behind the glovebox, or like the 12volt unit does, split another active MOST connection, like the TCU/MULF/Combox in the trunk. Either option should work for you to add something to the MOST bus.
That's correct. The Helix is simply taking the audio signal and sending audio signal out.

I will check next time i'm at the vehicle to see if there is a light output on that connector, as you say the otherside needs to connected to get the signal in the first place. Seems likely it isn't in which case I need to figure out how to. I already had a Combo retrofit done last year so hopefully don't need to go too far to make that happen!

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 12:07 PM   #187
netcsk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 325, e30 325, e46 m3, 2002

Quote:
That's correct. The Helix is simply taking the audio signal and sending audio signal out.

I will check next time i'm at the vehicle to see if there is a light output on that connector, as you say the otherside needs to connected to get the signal in the first place. Seems likely it isn't in which case I need to figure out how to. I already had a Combo retrofit done last year so hopefully don't need to go too far to make that happen!

Thanks.
From CD Changer retrofit instructions, it appears there is a distribution block that needs to have optic cables swapped to put the trunk cable in the circuit. I would think you'd need to do something similar. See this:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4194
Appreciate 1
UnicornM391.00
      10-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #188
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by netcsk View Post
From CD Changer retrofit instructions, it appears there is a distribution block that needs to have optic cables swapped to put the trunk cable in the circuit. I would think you'd need to do something similar. See this:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4194
Good find! That looks simple enough
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 02:11 PM   #189
jlnation
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 6MT

09 M3 CIC non CD changer. Anyone have an issue when you first get in the car, carplay connects and has a high pitched noise? Even if I press play the audio doesn't play?

Only way I can resolve this is by switching to another source like the radio and switching back. The problem happens again the next day or if I havent been connect to carplay for sometime.

CD also will show Track 01, Track 02, Track 03. I reached out to the tty33 who mentioned this track problem as well but he said his just fixed itself eventually

Things I have checked or tried Latest firmware, dip switches off, factory reset, and bimmercode per this thread.

Thank you in advanced!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 08:03 PM   #190
djan9el
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnation View Post
09 M3 CIC non CD changer. Anyone have an issue when you first get in the car, carplay connects and has a high pitched noise? Even if I press play the audio doesn't play?

Only way I can resolve this is by switching to another source like the radio and switching back. The problem happens again the next day or if I havent been connect to carplay for sometime.

CD also will show Track 01, Track 02, Track 03. I reached out to the tty33 who mentioned this track problem as well but he said his just fixed itself eventually

Things I have checked or tried Latest firmware, dip switches off, factory reset, and bimmercode per this thread.

Thank you in advanced!
I remember having a similar high pitched noise when I first tried my Mr12Volt unit and it went away after I pressed the Mode button on the head unit.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 06:03 AM   #191
mike5124
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i (E90)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Hey everyone,

I reached out to Mr12Volt about getting CCC controller to work with CIC unit, this is the response I got
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #192
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Waiting on delivery for mine. I'll be switching from an Andream MMI B CICHL unit to this. My car has Harmon Kardon audio so I have been really waiting for a direct solution like Mr12Volt!

If you leave the source as CD1, will the MMI box automatically start up when you enter the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 02:47 PM   #193
jlnation
Rep

Quote:
I remember having a similar high pitched noise when I first tried my Mr12Volt unit and it went away after I pressed the Mode button on the head unit.
Thanks! I tried this but it comes right back next time in back in the car. Do you have yours set to auto connect to carplay?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #194
jlnation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
Waiting on delivery for mine. I'll be switching from an Andream MMI B CICHL unit to this. My car has Harmon Kardon audio so I have been really waiting for a direct solution like Mr12Volt!

If you leave the source as CD1, will the MMI box automatically start up when you enter the car?
Yes I leave mine in CD1 and it connects pretty instantly.
Appreciate 1
dandandan101.50
      10-08-2021, 04:02 PM   #195
djan9el
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnation View Post
Thanks! I tried this but it comes right back next time in back in the car. Do you have yours set to auto connect to carplay?
Yes, mine automatically connects to CarPlay when I start the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 02:57 PM   #196
nibty
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 Competition

Does anybody know a way to disable the idrive voice button on the steering wheel? When I press the voice button to use Siri, both CarPlay and idrive tries to listen and clash with each other.

Last edited by nibty; 10-09-2021 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 09:54 PM   #197
djan9el
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibty View Post
Does anybody know a way to disable the idrive voice button on the steering wheel? When I press the voice button to use Siri, both CarPlay and idrive tries to listen and clash with each other.

Using Bimmercode:

Headunit -> Expert Mode -> 3000 HMI
Find SVS option and change it to nicht active
CODE -> START CODING

What is the BMW SVS module?

SVS stands for the voice recognition system. SVS is integrated into the CCC (CIC) unit located in the dashboard. It processes language input from voice commands.
SVS's main function is to control the various vehicle functions using voice commands.
BMW SVS can be used to control the following systems:

Entertainment
Communication
Navigation
Air conditioning Settings

https://www.youcanic.com/wiki/bmw-sv...cessing-system

Last edited by djan9el; 04-02-2022 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 12:24 AM   #198
nibty
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 Competition

Quote:
Using Bimmercode:

Headunit -> Expert Mode -> 3000 HMI
Find SVS option and change it to nicht active
CODE -> START CODING

https://www.youcanic.com/guide/bmw-s...cessing-system