BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #155
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTE92 m3/ F10 CP M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
I'm just saying if you are going to make a thread about the car actually post it. there are 3 post in here actually about the car. the first with in apart. the second about the ecu thats going to be used, and 3rd with a pic of turbos. just frustating was actually looking forward to it. I think i've seen more info about the tt kits from speicality z's dyno blog that anyone.
The car was at shift sector running great man, some of us work a lot and don't have time to sit here and troll the forums like others. I don't understand what pictures or video footage you're expecting. You want an in car video of me driving it or something? A video of the car idling? What will any of that prove? This last weekend was all trial, why would I post anything? Obviously as you can see by the upside down pictures, I suck at posting stuff anyway. The car was finished literally at 5am Saturday morning. We had to street tune it on the way to Shift Sector on the stock DME because Syvecs never arrived. Couldn't even get it on the dyne. Not to mention we discovered my O2 sensors were blown and couldn't replace them in time. I must have ran the car 10 times last weekend with NO issues. My fastest trap was 152 mph. Mind you this was on 91 octane map on 6.5lbs of boost and NO tire, literally ran my PSS that have like 30% tread left. It was all just a trial run to make sure everything was running right. I wasn't even using the right manifold, had to use the one out of Gintani's shop car because the one they made for me is bigger and better but there were slight fitment issue's that need to be adjusted and we ran out of time.

GINTANI TWIN TURBO E92/F10 M5
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 11:48 AM   #156
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
How was Shift Sector?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspired View Post
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVH View Post
Did It make it ?
Gintani pull it off?
Yes we made it barely! Everything was just trial but we were very pleased with the results. Didn't get to dyno the car because it was finished hours before shift sector and had to street tune it while driving it up! Car ran solid with NO issue's! Fastest trap was 152 but we were running 91 map file on 6.5lbs of boost and I didn't even get to put the R888's on it so I had NO tire! Also while driving to shift sector we discovered that I had blown my O2's so that kinda sucked but we were able to run the car 10+ times with no issues at all. Car is a beast! Sorry I haven't been keeping everyone updated, it was a long weekend and I've been trying to catch up on work. I will try to post a couple video's today

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #157
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
it's called marketing vs poor marketing. but really the op doesn't have anything to do with the company or their marketing.
I'll try and post some video's today if I can figure out how to do it right lol

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #158
SVH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i & 2011-e93 TT

Great to hear it up and running!!
Congrats!!
Question: O2 sensors? Not cat-less?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #159
81bear
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 M3, '23 Aviator, '24 GV60

Quote:
Congrats!!
O2 sensor for tuning with the DME I would assume.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #160
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrecio84 View Post
The car was at shift sector running great man, some of us work a lot and don't have time to sit here and troll the forums like others. I don't understand what pictures or video footage you're expecting. You want an in car video of me driving it or something? A video of the car idling? What will any of that prove? This last weekend was all trial, why would I post anything? Obviously as you can see by the upside down pictures, I suck at posting stuff anyway. The car was finished literally at 5am Saturday morning. We had to street tune it on the way to Shift Sector on the stock DME because Syvecs never arrived. Couldn't even get it on the dyne. Not to mention we discovered my O2 sensors were blown and couldn't replace them in time. I must have ran the car 10 times last weekend with NO issues. My fastest trap was 152 mph. Mind you this was on 91 octane map on 6.5lbs of boost and NO tire, literally ran my PSS that have like 30% tread left. It was all just a trial run to make sure everything was running right. I wasn't even using the right manifold, had to use the one out of Gintani's shop car because the one they made for me is bigger and better but there were slight fitment issue's that need to be adjusted and we ran out of time.

umm first off who is trolling? I made straight forward comment. Second I'm up to head to work at 530am and get home on a average 5-6pm every day. So please miss me with that comment. I also run a mobile business on the side from my day job and on top of I work on my builds my in my garage. You made alot of post on here so It's not like you never had time to post anything about and you just posted about the new m5(congrats)

lasty pics hmm i don't know what type of placement was used for an inter cooler, or inter coolers? we didn't even know the car ran at all yet? yeah a walk around of the car would have been sick, are there vids of it at shift selector? 152? that still not bad for a car on only 6 psi. There were so many people that argued if the car could even be tuned on stock dme with a turbo set up so hearing it was is huge.

you see there are no negatives to posting. it's informative, I would have expect the company to have been doing post updates to be quite honest so i never really was about you in the first place merely speaking on how appsent they have been regarding such a unique build.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #161
81bear
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 M3, '23 Aviator, '24 GV60

Quote:
Yes we made it barely! Everything was just trial but we were very pleased with the results. Didn't get to dyno the car because it was finished hours before shift sector and had to street tune it while driving it up! Car ran solid with NO issue's! Fastest trap was 152 but we were running 91 map file on 6.5lbs of boost and I didn't even get to put the R888's on it so I had NO tire! Also while driving to shift sector we discovered that I had blown my O2's so that kinda sucked but we were able to run the car 10+ times with no issues at all. Car is a beast! Sorry I haven't been keeping everyone updated, it was a long weekend and I've been trying to catch up on work. I will try to post a couple video's today
Good to hear!

I would think you still have a fair bit of headroom with this setup so interested to see what she can do once sorted.

Out of the 10+ passes any cars surprise you? I'm sure you surprised a few! lol!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #162
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Congrats!!
Yes it is cat-less but O2's are still being utilized so that the car can trim

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #163
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
umm first off who is trolling? I made straight forward comment. Second I'm up to head to work at 530am and get home on a average 5-6pm every day. So please miss me with that comment. I also run a mobile business on the side from my day job and on top of I work on my builds my in my garage. You made alot of post on here so It's not like you never had time to post anything about and you just posted about the new m5(congrats)

lasty pics hmm i don't know what type of placement was used for an inter cooler, or inter coolers? we didn't even know the car ran at all yet? yeah a walk around of the car would have been sick, are there vids of it at shift selector? 152? that still not bad for a car on only 6 psi. There were so many people that argued if the car could even be tuned on stock dme with a turbo set up so hearing it was is huge.

you see there are no negatives to posting. it's informative, I would have expect the company to have been doing post updates to be quite honest so i never really was about you in the first place merely speaking on how appsent they have been regarding such a unique build.
Wasn't referring you as trolling, but I'm sure there are many that are so just wanted to make that clear. I just picked the car up this morning from getting the fenders stretched a tiny bit so that I could fit wider tires. Safe to say my traction is no longer an issue at the moment with the r888's in a 305. I was able to take a couple video's in the car flooring it through some gears so I'll put those up along with a little walk around as well. And to put it all to rest, yes the car was tuned and runs great on the stock DME with twin turbo's! I will be taking the car back at the end of the week to Gintani for final touch ups (replace O2's, install syvecs, do fuel system, and fit the right intake manifold on it and then I think I should be ready to rock and roll!

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #164
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
Good to hear!

I would think you still have a fair bit of headroom with this setup so interested to see what she can do once sorted.

Out of the 10+ passes any cars surprise you? I'm sure you surprised a few! lol!
honestly its tough to be surprised at shift sector as usually most cars there are no joke but it was tough for me to really compare without traction, 1st and second gear were useless and you have to go too fast to do 3rd gear roll, next time I think I'll have a better idea where I stand

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 03:56 PM   #165
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
honestly its tough to be surprised at shift sector as usually most cars there are no joke but it was tough for me to really compare without traction, 1st and second gear were useless and you have to go too fast to do 3rd gear roll, next time I think I'll have a better idea where I stand
It's just out of the oven so I reckon it is too early for you have any opinions as to how it feels compared to your M5. Just something to think about when you bounce between them.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 04:06 PM   #166
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Here you guys go!

Appreciate 2
      04-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #167
Patrón
PAZUZU
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I'll try and post some video's today if I can figure out how to do it right lol
i bet it sounds awesome.

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #168
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Short video but I was holding the phone and driving at the same time so couldn't get too much footage but just want to give everyone an idea!

Appreciate 1
      04-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #169
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
i bet it sounds awesome.
got some video's up!

Appreciate 2
      04-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #170
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
It's just out of the oven so I reckon it is too early for you have any opinions as to how it feels compared to your M5. Just something to think about when you bounce between them.
The m5 isn't broken in yet but once I can start flooring it around I'll write up a little comparison even though they are complete different cars

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #171
SVH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i & 2011-e93 TT

Beautiful !! Sounds great. Looks like it pulls strong.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #172
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Beautiful !! Sounds great. Looks like it pulls strong.
It honestly does, you are going to be so stoked when you get your car back!

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 04:36 PM   #173
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Whats up bro. I came up to your car a couple times on Sat and even raced against it but only Alex was around didn't see you sorry.

A 152 trap is SOLID for sure on 91 no traction and bad 02 sensors. As a comparison, the roll race winner of the event was a very stout supercharged ESS e92 with race gas and interior removed. That car did 580 on EAS dyno and it's best 1/2 mile was 152. Shift Sector is a legit half mile trap, not some inflated 3,000 foot event so you and the Gintani team should be proud of what was accomplished this weekend.

Great things to come for your car I'm sure brother.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 4
      04-26-2016, 05:23 PM   #174
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Quote:
Whats up bro. I came up to your car a couple times on Sat and even raced against it but only Alex was around didn't see you sorry.

A 152 trap is SOLID for sure on 91 no traction and bad 02 sensors. As a comparison, the roll race winner of the event was a very stout supercharged ESS e92 with race gas and interior removed. That car did 580 on EAS dyno and it's best 1/2 mile was 152. Shift Sector is a legit half mile trap, not some inflated 3,000 foot event so you and the Gintani team should be proud of what was accomplished this weekend.

Great things to come for your car I'm sure brother.
Thanks Adam! I must have just missed you! Was looking for your car! How did you end up doing? Yea we are really pleased. Car felt strong and ran great. Looking forward to better results next time. Should be a complete different car with the Syvecs and e85!

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #175
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks Adam! I must have just missed you! Was looking for your car! How did you end up doing? Yea we are really pleased. Car felt strong and ran great. Looking forward to better results next time. Should be a complete different car with the Syvecs and e85!
...and don't forget traction! You need R888's for the street and I would highly recommend drag radials for half mile events.

I brought my 997.2. Like your car it's pretty unmistakable! Silver with bright red gloss metallic wheels.

Unfortunately for me on my very first run I got a CEL and a PSM failure which is an issue with the stability management of the car and puts it in a shadow limp mode and I was limited to stock boost for the remainder of the day. Was able to hit 160 at stock boost levels which I thought was decent but disappointing as I was hoping for 170mph and a vBox ET of 15.5 seconds.

When you are the first to do something like we are, sometimes things aren't 100% ready in time.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 06:47 PM   #176
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
...and don't forget traction! You need R888's for the street and I would highly recommend drag radials for half mile events.

I brought my 997.2. Like your car it's pretty unmistakable! Silver with bright red gloss metallic wheels.

Unfortunately for me on my very first run I got a CEL and a PSM failure which is an issue with the stability management of the car and puts it in a shadow limp mode and I was limited to stock boost for the remainder of the day. Was able to hit 160 at stock boost levels which I thought was decent but disappointing as I was hoping for 170mph and a vBox ET of 15.5 seconds.

When you are the first to do something like we are, sometimes things aren't 100% ready in time.
Yea tell me about it! 160mph in limp mode is fast! lol Do you know when the next fly zone is?

Last edited by Lucrecio84; 04-26-2016 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0