BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

01-07-2024, 03:22 PM   #1673
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Does anyone have a full set of recommended eq settings for individual audio in the e9x m3?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 03:25 PM   #1674
Thumbie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/4/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs34 View Post
Does anyone have a full set of recommended eq settings for individual audio in the e9x m3?
yes, Malek posted this a few years back. It's been posted in this thread multiple times.

Note there is a difference between e90 and e92
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428114

These are set in the factory system, not in the mr12volt. I used these settings, and left the mr12volt flat.

2011 Jerez E90 M3 6-speed Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 10:59 PM   #1675
avivienni
ASH
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93 2009

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
Is anyone else having issues accessing the Factory Mode? I’m putting in the password ‘688612’ but when I hit Ok nothing happens. It does the animation of clicking the button but no messages or new screens pop up. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 02:28 PM   #1676
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbie View Post
yes, Malek posted this a few years back. It's been posted in this thread multiple times.

Note there is a difference between e90 and e92
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428114

These are set in the factory system, not in the mr12volt. I used these settings, and left the mr12volt flat.
Thank you, I should have asked the question differently. I have the Malek settings in the factory unit, I wasn’t sure if that needed to be translated to the MR12Volt eq. I’ll just leave the Mr12Volt flat.
Appreciate 1
Thumbie132.00
      01-09-2024, 02:39 PM   #1677
spammysammich
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs34 View Post
Thank you, I should have asked the question differently. I have the Malek settings in the factory unit, I wasn’t sure if that needed to be translated to the MR12Volt eq. I’ll just leave the Mr12Volt flat.
I used Maleks settings and just left the Mr12Volt eq flat. I’m too deaf to reinvent the wheel but I do appreciate the improved and noticeable changes with Maleks tweaks.
Appreciate 1
Thumbie132.00
      01-10-2024, 01:02 PM   #1678
Spectre
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avivienni View Post
Is anyone else having issues accessing the Factory Mode? I’m putting in the password ‘688612’ but when I hit Ok nothing happens. It does the animation of clicking the button but no messages or new screens pop up. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
I also had this issue. Anyone able to shed info about this?

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 10:20 AM   #1679
Vostec
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325i

I'm one of the ones having issues with their CarPlay device playing a high pitched noise and no sound until I switch to radio and back to CD.
Mr12Volt support told me I should remove and reconnect the device, sadly there's still no improvement.

Now I think might be on to something:
I've installed the Mr12Volt box myself before hiring someone to do the CDC coding for me. He had trouble reaching the CIC control unit with NCSExpert so he had to use NCS Dummy for the coding.
In the meanwhile I purchased an OBD cable and windows laptop myself and connected it to my car last week. I tried to do the coding of the voice activation feature and couldn't connect to my car. I watched many hours of tutorials, thinking I have a wrong configuration, still no luck. That's when I tried to connect to a different control unit for fun. And it worked. I can connect to every control unit in my car besides CIC, because it is now connected to the Mr12Volt unit.

tl;dr:
Is the wrong order of installation and the use of NCS Dummy for coding instead of NCSExpert the reason my Mr12Volt device is behaving like this?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 01:25 PM   #1680
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
I also had this issue. Anyone able to shed info about this?
Factory Mode settings are disabled for the end-user now.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 02:16 AM   #1681
foxy_methoxy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540 G31, AUDI A6 C7 BiTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVP View Post
Hi all,

I still have the echo issue. I don't hear any echo when calling in the car, but the caller does hear himself/herself. Strangely, the echo only appears after approx. 2 minutes in the call. Does anyone has similar issues?

The Mr12volt unit also occasionally freezes, and needs a reset by holding the idrive knob.
I had the same issue with the older version without oem microphone support.
They sent me the newer version with oem mic support and just like you the echo appears after a couple of minutes into the call.
Also the callers reported low volume of my voice with the oem mic solution.
Im still in contact with the support and check if they have any solution.
Interstingly im having this issue in my audi a6 c7 so it is not only a bmw specific problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 02:21 AM   #1682
foxy_methoxy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540 G31, AUDI A6 C7 BiTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebmwM3 View Post
I ordered the new unit today, but only got $35 off the price even though I ordered in the past. Did anyone get a better discount?
I manged to recive the new unit for free, after i reported the microphone echo and black screen issues.
microphone echo still appears after a couple of minutes into the call.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 11:30 AM   #1683
Thumbie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/4/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy_methoxy View Post
I manged to recive the new unit for free, after i reported the microphone echo and black screen issues.
microphone echo still appears after a couple of minutes into the call.
Do you have the new unit (the green one)?

2011 Jerez E90 M3 6-speed Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 01:45 PM   #1684
hirequar
Rep
Drives: E92 330i N52NB30A

My LVDS Cable is extremely short, I can't pull it any longer.

I don't know why it's suddenly so short.

What can I do?

I need that for the original iDrive CCC system.

please help me

Here is a video:

Attached Images

Last edited by hirequar; 01-29-2024 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 08:48 PM   #1685
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirequar View Post
My LVDS Cable is extremely short, I can't pull it any longer.

I don't know why it's suddenly so short.

What can I do?

I need that for the original iDrive CCC system.

please help me

Here is a video:

if you have patience with the cable you can completely remove it, its just stuck on something if you wiggle it left and right slowly it would move freely.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 06:22 PM   #1686
hirequar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
if you have patience with the cable you can completely remove it, its just stuck on something if you wiggle it left and right slowly it would move freely.
How do you mean "completely remove it"?

I tried it, but nothing happens...
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 11:47 AM   #1687
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
How do you mean "completely remove it"?

I tried it, but nothing happens...
if you wiggle it left to right and right to left, you can pull it completely out from the top screen side of the dash. and then you can put it in the bottom of the cavity where the idrive unit and mr12volt sits. That wire does not need to be where the original screen is anymore because it's not necessary to be there. It's used to connect the Mr12volt and CCC together.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 06:01 AM   #1688
Matt@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F82 M4, E36 M3 Touring, Z3

We did a video of installing and testing the CICMM to our E92 M3, along with the Induktiv charger which is proving to be a brilliant combo!

It's definitely 90% there, way better than not having it but now and then it will do something annoying or you have to reboot it.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2024, 07:30 AM   #1689
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Evolve View Post

We did a video of installing and testing the CICMM to our E92 M3, along with the Induktiv charger which is proving to be a brilliant combo!

It's definitely 90% there, way better than not having it but now and then it will do something annoying or you have to reboot it.
Would be nice for you guys to give a shoutout to us here at M3post for discovering, working out the kinks and sharing info on this device instead of acting like you discovered it all on your own.

Appreciate 6
drwankel1206.00
Thumbie132.00
DrFerry6748.00
SlimE92186.50
      02-03-2024, 06:30 AM   #1690
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Is there a how to in this thread on changing the bootloader screen in the newer model?

I have no idea why they removed the facility from the factory, but would like to change it.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 09:47 AM   #1691
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
Is there a how to in this thread on changing the bootloader screen in the newer model?

I have no idea why they removed the facility from the factory, but would like to change it.
Preparation:

A USB stick 16GB or less, FAT32 formatted (or erase a larger USB stick and create an active partition of 16GB or less)

Create your own boot up logo:
The resolution of screen may vary on different car models, please check for the best resolution that will fit your car
The boot image file must be 30kb or less

PC users with Windows:
Use Windows Painter to save your boot image into a .jpg file, filename must be bootlogo.jpg
Then use file manager to remove the file extension .jpg from the file bootleg.jpg
If you create the image in Photoshop, make sure the jpeg is output with "baseline encoding”

Mac users:
For Mac users it is important not only to rename the jpg file, but also to go to information and remove suffix. Otherwise it will still be .jpg

Changing the boot image:
Unzip the update tool in the attachment, you will get two files:
update
bootlogo
Replace the file bootlogo with the new bootlogo you have just created
now place these two files into the USB stick

Plug the usb stick into the p2000 then go to
P2000>Setting>System>Factory>select Reboot
Once reboot you should see the new logo created by you

bootlogo change

Honestly I don’t know why they require such low memory storage devices. If you need to update firmware you need an 8 gig micro lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Thumbie132.00
      02-04-2024, 11:58 AM   #1692
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stE92M3 View Post

If you need to update firmware you need an 8 gig micro lol.
Not true. You can use up to a 32GB microSD card for firmware updates:

https://www.mr12volt.com/pages/p2000...ftware-updates

The 32GB limit is due to the max (official) size of a FAT32 partition.

As a practical example of this limitation in modern computing, the windows UEFI boot loader still has to reside on a fat32 partition, because UEFI cannot boot straight from a NTFS partition.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2024, 07:39 PM   #1693
hirequar
Rep

Good morning,

I recently connected the Mr12Volt MOST Bus Box to my CCC.

The whole thing also works, the original system also works and the controls etc. all work (there is power on it)
The seat heating, PDC etc. work.

But the air conditioning and heating do not. My windows have also steamed up since then because the heating doesn't work. I never had any problems with this before.

No warm air comes out of the front at all. Even if I set it to 28°C, everything is running at maximum, set to red and the control dial to I (engine is warm), cold air even comes out of the back.
The snowflake (symbol) and automatic is on. You can also clearly hear the ventilation.

I have also completely removed and reinstalled everything again, but this has not helped. I've had the problem since the installation.

The climate control panel and all other cables are connected. 3 cables are plugged into the air conditioning control unit (without these there is no power, but I have it), one flat thin one to plug in and 2 others with levers.

I have attached the error memory. There are a lot of errors.

I also looked in the passenger footwell, nothing is loose there.
You only disconnect one cable there for the small light bulb.

I wonder what that could be now?
Attached Images

Last edited by hirequar; 02-04-2024 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 11:52 PM   #1694
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Good morning,

I recently connected the Mr12Volt MOST Bus Box to my CCC.

The whole thing also works, the original system also works and the controls etc. all work (there is power on it)
The seat heating, PDC etc. work.

But the air conditioning and heating do not. My windows have also steamed up since then because the heating doesn't work. I never had any problems with this before.

No warm air comes out of the front at all. Even if I set it to 28°C, everything is running at maximum, set to red and the control dial to I (engine is warm), cold air even comes out of the back.
The snowflake (symbol) and automatic is on. You can also clearly hear the ventilation.

I have also completely removed and reinstalled everything again, but this has not helped. I've had the problem since the installation.

The climate control panel and all other cables are connected. 3 cables are plugged into the air conditioning control unit (without these there is no power, but I have it), one flat thin one to plug in and 2 others with levers.

I have attached the error memory. There are a lot of errors.

I also looked in the passenger footwell, nothing is loose there.
You only disconnect one cable there for the small light bulb.

I wonder what that could be now?
Best guess:

One of the cables going to the climate control interface is either not connected properly or damaged.

This is the only part of the climate control system that is touched during the install process and would explain the symptoms.
Appreciate 2
Thumbie132.00
DrFerry6748.00