BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

11-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #111
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

this is one reason why i don't even care to dyno mine. no matter what you do people will still say it is false numbers. i know i feel a big difference in power driving my car after i did the full catless dinan system. if i ever do a dyno it will be for my own use and won't even bother posting it for this reason alone. unless the numbers were really low then i would so others would know not to buy it but i doubt that as my car rips now compared to when it was stock. it feels every bit of hp/tq they claim it adds

congrats on your gains and glad you got your car up and runnin again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Its funny this is still so hard to believe even after Nitrider, Nawazz and I have all had similiar results or in Niteriders case better.. At first people said my results and nitriders were inflated because it was done on Gintani's own dyno but then I went to a dynapack and had numbers to back it up people still cried foul and now Nawazz has put much effort into doing his own independent dynos and I belive theres really nothing else he can possibly do to expose any inflated numbers , I mean the guy is in another state so if that doesn't gurantee that the results aren't inflated then I dunno what will.

And about the stroker thing thats the whole point of my argument about strokers but those comments get twisted around as if I'm a stroker hater lol. I can't wait till more people start getting these Gintani mods and getting similar results on other cars then I wonder what people will think then about value of strokers.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #112
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Not if you keep the engine speed at about 4k rpm.

That helps significantly.
+1

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #113
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
This is an apples-oranges comparison for a couple of reasons: 1) you're not comparing the same bolt-ons, and 2) you're not comparing on the same dyno. The stroker is nothing more than your same motor, but with 15% larger capacity. With the same bolt-ons, there's no reason to believe that the stroker would perform any differently, nor respond as effectively. The previous "full bolt-on" comparisons have always involved comparing a street legal stroker with catalytic converters against a street-illegal bolt-on without catalytic converters and then drawing invalid conclusions. I've tried to point out this invalidity before, but it hasn't hasn't stopped the comparison from being made.

The only time the stroker appeared on the same dyno as one of the catless bolt-on cars, the stroker measured more than 48hp more than the bolt-ons. That's more than 12% gain -- on a 15% larger motor. That's exactly where you'd expect the performance to be -- given one was catless and the other wasn't.
I kinda doubt a stroker would pass emissions any better then a bolt on car even with all the cats in place its still going to produce more emissions with the extra displacement headers and different tune... would love to see if you proved me wrong with a test though.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #114
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
I'm pushing 490bhp and my tune isn't even fully optimized... exact same mods as nawaaz, literally.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #115
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

it is what it is...how many damn tests are going to be done?

by the way im getting a tune also and im catless....ill post my dyno also to compare to Nawaaz's
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 12:57 AM   #116
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

this is so badass, but too much for me noise and pollution wise!

still badass and respects nonetheless
      11-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #117
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
This is an apples-oranges comparison for a couple of reasons: 1) you're not comparing the same bolt-ons, and 2) you're not comparing on the same dyno. The stroker is nothing more than your same motor, but with 15% larger capacity. With the same bolt-ons, there's no reason to believe that the stroker would perform any differently, nor respond as effectively. The previous "full bolt-on" comparisons have always involved comparing a street legal stroker with catalytic converters against a street-illegal bolt-on without catalytic converters and then drawing invalid conclusions. I've tried to point out this invalidity before, but it hasn't hasn't stopped the comparison from being made.

The only time the stroker appeared on the same dyno as one of the catless bolt-on cars, the stroker measured more than 48hp more than the bolt-ons. That's more than 12% gain -- on a 15% larger motor. That's exactly where you'd expect the performance to be -- given one was catless and the other wasn't.
Here PG, I'll quote it so people can read it again. Eventually, it will start to sink in ; )
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #118
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

any chance Nawaaz that you can list your mods and the total cost?

Thanks,

Steve
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #119
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
any chance Nawaaz that you can list your mods and the total cost?

Thanks,

Steve
Hey Steve,

I assume you're talking about only the mods that contributed to my dyno numbers, so they are:
  • Gintani rear exhaust
  • Gintani catless x-pipe
  • AA pulley
  • BMC air filter
  • RPI scoops
  • Powerchip's custom dyno tune

All these mods add up to around $6k.

Hope you can understand me not being able to mention specific prices of each, since I'd hate to offend any vendors. Thanks Steve.

-Nawaaz
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #120
bigpuna
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

+1 A stroker will perform the same as a stock motor when you add bolt on mods to it.

From what I have seen from the local M3's with bolt on mods is that the high flow cats or cat delete where most of the power is being made. I have seen before and after dynos of 20-30hp gains with these exhaust systems alone. A stroker with a full exhaust system and proper tuning would make very good power.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #121
disruptv
Major
Rep
Drives: 3M

Garage List
09 3m  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Hey Steve,

I assume you're talking about only the mods that contributed to my dyno numbers, so they are:
  • Gintani rear exhaust
  • Gintani catless x-pipe
  • AA pulley
  • BMC air filter
  • RPI scoops
  • Powerchip's custom dyno tune

-Nawaaz
N-bomb

I spoke to Alex today @ Gintani & I told him you were the reason why I was calling...Maybe the new Gintani sport exhaust & gintani pulleys are in my future

curious....why didnt u go w/gintani or rogue pulleys...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #122
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptv View Post
N-bomb

I spoke to Alex today @ Gintani & I told him you were the reason why I was calling...Maybe the new Gintani sport exhaust & gintani pulleys are in my future

curious....why didnt u go w/gintani or rogue pulleys...
Gintani didn't have the double-sided belt pulley available at the time being when I was making my purchases.

I was very close to getting AA's full exhaust, and I trusted their products.....Therefore I went with their pulley.

I hope Alex still remembers me. I called his shop a few days ago, but he wasn't in. I wanted to let him know that he's about to get quite a few phone calls, following this thread.

Gintani makes great products, and they are on the top of their game right now. I tip my hat to them.

Thanks for the props disruptv.

-Nawaaz
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #123
slipstream
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue E90 M3 [sold]

Alex has been a bit busy prepping cars for some events. Poor guy has been burning the candle at both ends.

I got a listen to the sport system while I was there. It is mellow and almost stock-like in volume at low throttle openings and also at higher rpm. Get on the gas below 4,500 rpm though, and it still lets you know there is something different back there.

It is definitely a step down in dBs compared with the other Gintani offerings, so it should entice a few more people who want a less aggressive sound than Nawaaz' setup. Keep an eye out for an introductory special coming soon!

Now if we can just get them to come out with a titanium version.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 03:37 AM   #124
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
I must hear this sport exhaust in person... if it has the same tone oh man... Gintani's race exhaust tone is literally the most amazing note i've heard for the m3.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #125
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I must hear this sport exhaust in person... if it has the same tone oh man... Gintani's race exhaust tone is literally the most amazing note i've heard for the m3.
I agree! My car was recently in a track event and other tuners that were also present could not stop complementing the exhaust note. They would just sit their and watch my car fly by on the straight. Def. for Gintanis exhaust system.

N the sport exhaust sounds very good, def. a great option for those that want something quieter. Sounds very nice when ur ripping on it but when ur cruising or on idle it only sounds a little bit louder then stock.
      11-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #126
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Autoscope Very Respected in DFW Area

For those from out of the DFW area, Autoscope is very well respected for maintenance, repair, and tuning of high end European cars (primarily BMW's). They have three locations. The newest store has two four wheel chassis dynos. Steve Dinan was there last month (Autoscope is a long time Dinan dealer), and I heard him say it is the finest shop he's ever been in(including his own). They know what they are doing.
      11-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #127
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Congrats Nawaaz! Looking forward to more pics Take care friend!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #128
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
Congrats Nawaaz! Looking forward to more pics Take care friend!
Thank you, friend.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #129
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
I agree! My car was recently in a track event and other tuners that were also present could not stop complementing the exhaust note. They would just sit their and watch my car fly by on the straight. Def. for Gintanis exhaust system.

N the sport exhaust sounds very good, def. a great option for those that want something quieter. Sounds very nice when ur ripping on it but when ur cruising or on idle it only sounds a little bit louder then stock.
I just went to an autocross event and same thing, everyone LOVED the way my car sounded. It truly sounds AMAZING on the track with the windows down.

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #130
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

nice results!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #131
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Figured I'd bump this thread with an exhaust comparison of Nawaaz's car with mine. (Full Gintani vs Eisenmann Race) Sorry about the wind..

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cz5UB1WM1kU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cz5UB1WM1kU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #132
BadBoostedBMWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36m,F80,G80;TRX; 992 TTS; F95

Solid gains!!!
Appreciate 0