BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

11-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #89
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
ISF is a "bad" choice relative to the rest-have you driven one? RS5, C63 and m3 cannot go wrong that is forsure
I think he owns an IS-F.

I wouldn't suggest it is a bad choice either. It is different than the others but I saw a TV show recently with Tanner Foust where the M3 was compared to the IS-F and, although the M3 won, it wasn't a landslide victory. I would absolutely include the IS-F with the others you noted.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #90
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
ISF is a "bad" choice relative to the rest-have you driven one? RS5, C63 and m3 cannot go wrong that is forsure
Very mature response.

Lol. You clearly have zero clue what your talking about with either of these cars so I'll save my breath, other than to state that a current member here who has raced both cars, came out faster in the F. We all make choices based on our personal preferences and I'm perfectly fine with mine.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #91
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Not sure if this was already posted:

CTS-V vs c63 Coupe from Insideline

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...s-v-coupe.html

I would take the merc by the way. I prefer it's styling and overall package. However, I'm not a fan of the rear quarter panel on either car , esp. the CTS-V. I really need to see the c63 in person.

Last edited by erio; 11-10-2011 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #92
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
Not sure if this was already posted:

CTS-V vs c63 Coupe from Insideline

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...s-v-coupe.html

I would take the merc by the way. I prefer it's styling and overall package. However, I'm not a fan of the rear quarter panel on either car , esp. the CTS-V. I really need to see the c63 in person.
The issue with the Merc is the skinny rubber. Easily fixed, luckily. I have a set of wider rims and tires coming for mine when it arrives. Adding a set of 245/275 AD-08 tires will solve a lot of the issues the C63 faces with traction both on skidpad, acceleration and braking. As the review commented... the brakes, for example, had more ability than the tires permitted. What was MB thinking putting 235/255 Continentals on this car!!!
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #93
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Yeah, I have no clue how MB thinks 255's can handle all that torque. Personally, I think the C63 makes for a better DD for city driving.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #94
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Very mature response.

Lol. You clearly have zero clue what your talking about with either of these cars so I'll save my breath, other than to state that a current member here who has raced both cars, came out faster in the F. We all make choices based on our personal preferences and I'm perfectly fine with mine.
What does my response have to do with maturity? the ISF is by far the worst feeling car, performing car and looking car (which I know is opinion) I have driven one many times and the steering feel is horendous, the slushbox is horrendous and 8 gears is way too many for that car, engine is a big 5 L v8 and only puts out same output as the m3. It was definetly a great first try by lexus to break into the "sports car" market but it is not in the same class as the others for many reasons. And yes sure it probably is not that much slower in pure time around a track but that is really such a small factor when evaluating the entire car.

Looks like you own an ISF woops. Why do you come here and post and stick up for your ISF? you would get more love at the ISF forums.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 12:55 AM   #95
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
What does my response have to do with maturity? the ISF is by far the worst feeling car, performing car and looking car (which I know is opinion) I have driven one many times and the steering feel is horendous, the slushbox is horrendous and 8 gears is way too many for that car, engine is a big 5 L v8 and only puts out same output as the m3. It was definetly a great first try by lexus to break into the "sports car" market but it is not in the same class as the others for many reasons. And yes sure it probably is not that much slower in pure time around a track but that is really such a small factor when evaluating the entire car.

Looks like you own an ISF woops. Why do you come here and post and stick up for your ISF? you would get more love at the ISF forums.
Thanks for confirming that you know absolutely jack squat about either the IS F or the C63, fanboi.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #96
Ateam
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Thanks for confirming that you know absolutely jack squat about either the IS F or the C63, fanboi.

There is nothing to dispute except for looks which is totally subjective.

performance in a straight line goes to the m3, c63 and rs5
Track goes to all three again
Steering feel per reviews goes to all 3
Handling again goes to all 3.

The only one I have not driven was the rs5 so I cannot myself comment but there is not a SINGLE review that pegs the ISF as winning anything against those 3 competitors. So not sure what else you need as that is about as "objective" as it gets these days.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #97
KnowControlE46
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue E46 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-M3 View Post
I am in the market for an M3, but if ever they had made the C63 AMG with a traditional manual gear box, I would be getting that one with their P30 performance package. I was kinda surprised that they didnt offer a traditional stick, but merc started to move away from stick-shifts a long time back - which is why I switched loyalties to BMW. I mean - even the new 650 can be ordered with a 6 speed stick , so can the 550i - that 4.4L turbo with a stick is probably a hoot to drive....

and I agree with one of the comments above - the C63 for me does look better as a 4 door than as a 2 door.......
Agreed on the four door opinion. The C63 and the M3 both look better as a four door IMO. I am also a die hard traditional manual fan, and that is a huge factor when I decide to buy a car.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #98
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

I honestly don't know what everyone is bickering about. Will you be tracking your car? I bet you 99.5% of you won't be.You'll be using it on the road, in everyday situations. Get to work, drop off the kids, and maybe get some backroad carving done. You'll be nowhere NEAR the limits of what these cars are capable of. Get what gives you the most jollies. I test drove the new C63 AMG and it's a completely changed animal. I fell in love, hence why I ordered one(Also because the M3 only has 2 years left, financially not the best thing to do) The C63,M3,RS5,IS-F are mostly going to be used for daily duties anyway and are all great, amazing cars in their own respect. Get what gives YOU the most jollies. This pissing contest about which is better needs to stop. The badge doesn't give you a bigger e-wang then the other guy.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #99
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
There is nothing to dispute except for looks which is totally subjective.

performance in a straight line goes to the m3, c63 and rs5
Track goes to all three again
Steering feel per reviews goes to all 3
Handling again goes to all 3.

The only one I have not driven was the rs5 so I cannot myself comment but there is not a SINGLE review that pegs the ISF as winning anything against those 3 competitors. So not sure what else you need as that is about as "objective" as it gets these days.
To be fair here, the only "test" I've seen on the revised IS-F was Car & Driver's last "lightning lap", where the IS-F ran dead even with the M3.

Have there been other tests of the revised (newest) model?

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #100
Ateam
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I honestly don't know what everyone is bickering about. Will you be tracking your car? I bet you 99.5% of you won't be.You'll be using it on the road, in everyday situations. Get to work, drop off the kids, and maybe get some backroad carving done. You'll be nowhere NEAR the limits of what these cars are capable of. Get what gives you the most jollies. I test drove the new C63 AMG and it's a completely changed animal. I fell in love, hence why I ordered one(Also because the M3 only has 2 years left, financially not the best thing to do) The C63,M3,RS5,IS-F are mostly going to be used for daily duties anyway and are all great, amazing cars in their own respect. Get what gives YOU the most jollies. This pissing contest about which is better needs to stop. The badge doesn't give you a bigger e-wang then the other guy.
With that attitude why then can you continue to defend the 30 HP bump being "worth it" if you already state you will never even use the power?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #101
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
With that attitude why then can you continue to defend the 30 HP bump being "worth it" if you already state you will never even use the power?
I never said it was 'worth it' and have never defended the 30HP bump. P31 adds resale value, with the benefits of added power and stronger internals. Just like the ZCP pack will add resale to your car, the P31 benefits from added HP instead of just lower ride height. Simply put, 'Different strokes for different folks'. We could arguably also say 'why do we need 414hp? or a V8?' A Prius can also do what these cars do, it just can't do it in the way or style they do it.

The P31 is the ZCP of the MB world. It's not a civic C63.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 11-14-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #102
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3MC, 2019 Audi TT RS

Quote:
I never said it was 'worth it' and have never defended the 30HP bump. P31 adds resale value, with the benefits of added power and stronger internals. Just like the ZCP pack will add resale to your car, the P31 benefits from added HP instead of just lower ride height. Simply put, 'Different strokes for different folks'. We could arguably also say 'why do we need 414hp? or a V8?' A Prius can also do what these cars do, it just can't do it in the way or style they do it.

The P31 is the ZCP of the MB world. It's not a civic C63.

I don't think P31 really adds resale value. When I bought my used 2010 I was looking at a P31 and a non P31 with similar miles. The P31 car had an original MSRP of 9K more than the non P31 car but the sale price difference was only 1K. In general I don't think C63's hold their value all that well.

Last edited by BMoney; 11-14-2011 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #103
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
I don't think P31 really adds resale value. When I bought my used 2010 I was looking at a P31 and a non P31 with similar miles. The P31 car had an original MSRP of 9K more than the non P31 car but the sale price difference was only 1K. In general I don't think C63's hold their value all that well.
Not as well compared to the M3, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #104
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3MC, 2019 Audi TT RS

Quote:
Not as well compared to the M3, unfortunately.
I agree...Although when I traded my 08 M3 Sedan in with 15K miles after 18 months I only ended up getting 45K(MSRP was $64250) for it. Not so hot either!
Appreciate 0