BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #67
Ditchdigger
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
ZCP is a major waste of money, so is EDC.
As a counterpoint, I'd argue that EDC is a worthwhile investment. As somebody who commutes on some roads of variable quality, the comfort setting is great to use, particularly when I have my fiancee as a passenger.
When the road evens out and it's just me and the twisties, it's fun to tighten up the suspension with the press of a button.
I didn't get ZCP since the 18 inch wheels provide a more comfortable ride, and I didn't want to drop it any lower (driving in the city I bottom out enough with the regular suspension).

Good luck!
Chris
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #68
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
As a counterpoint, I'd argue that EDC is a worthwhile investment. As somebody who commutes on some roads of variable quality, the comfort setting is great to use, particularly when I have my fiancee as a passenger.
When the road evens out and it's just me and the twisties, it's fun to tighten up the suspension with the press of a button.
I didn't get ZCP since the 18 inch wheels provide a more comfortable ride, and I didn't want to drop it any lower (driving in the city I bottom out enough with the regular suspension).

Good luck!
Chris
You know, I didn't think of it this way. For me, I drive pretty decent roads and rather infrequently even. So it wasn't worth it for me, especially considering the electronically controlled dampers will one day be swapped out for regular ones. But I can see why a DD M3 encountering a variety of road conditions could make use of a softer option.