BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

01-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #67
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

adc,

ignore armyav8tor....he sounds like your typical douchebag. Too bad, since most of the members here are actually very cool individuals. Just do a search on him on this board, and you will see, his posts are just pathetic at best. Don't waste your time....you have a better chance at teaching Bush Thermodynamics than having this guy see anything positive.

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #68
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

adc,

Say what you want about the interior of the 135 getting back to BMW's roots, being simpler, whatever.
My old Ferrari 330 had basic seats. I wouldn't want to go near them in any modern car. Same with any of even the best cars of the 60's. They may be simpler, but that certainly doesn't make them desirable.
The seats in the 135 feel CHEAP, especially when compared to BMW's higher end offerings. Same with the rest of the interior. Not to knock the car. Hopefully you get what you pay for. And if you buy a BMW you have to pay more to get better materials, comfort, and handling.

If weight is all that is important to you, buy a Lotus. If you are looking at sporty sedans, then weight is only one part of the equation. All things being equal would you take a 135 over an Aston or Maserati sedan? I doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #69
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
adc,

Say what you want about the interior of the 135 getting back to BMW's roots, being simpler, whatever.
My old Ferrari 330 had basic seats. I wouldn't want to go near them in any modern car. Same with any of even the best cars of the 60's. They may be simpler, but that certainly doesn't make them desirable.
The seats in the 135 feel CHEAP, especially when compared to BMW's higher end offerings. Same with the rest of the interior. Not to knock the car. Hopefully you get what you pay for. And if you buy a BMW you have to pay more to get better materials, comfort, and handling.

If weight is all that is important to you, buy a Lotus. If you are looking at sporty sedans, then weight is only one part of the equation. All things being equal would you take a 135 over an Aston or Maserati sedan? I doubt it.
interesting, since a few M3 owners/members here, who have sat in my car, have had nothing but praise and have admired the quality of the interior.

feel free to ping Technic here on this forum, and ask him how my interior compares, or if it has all this "cheap" feel as you say

ps- comparing a 135i with a maseratti? classic!
No, I wouldn't take a $40k 135i over a $100k maseratti, or a $65k M3 for that matter. But I would most certainly take it over a Lotus Elise SC.

**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #70
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
adc,

The 135 is a great and fun car IMO. Some hate the look and some love it. But it's a great fun car to drive all day long. You cannot compare it to a Lotus, which is fantastic on the track, but not practical at all as a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #71
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbo73 View Post
The 135 is a great and fun car IMO. Some hate the look and some love it. But it's a great fun car to drive all day long. You cannot compare it to a Lotus, which is fantastic on the track, but not practical at all as a daily driver.
exactly!

add the fact that the 135i holds more than its own on the track against the likes of the Lotus, and to me, that's just icing on the cake: Well done BMW!

ps- did I mention these times are in stock form, with Run flat tires?

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #72
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
interesting, since a few M3 owners/members here, who have sat in my car, have had nothing but praise and have admired the quality of the interior.

feel free to ping Technic here on this forum, and ask him how my interior compares, or if it has all this "cheap" feel as you say

ps- comparing a 135i with a maseratti? classic!
No, I wouldn't take a $40k 135i over a $100k maseratti, or a $65k M3 for that matter. But I would most certainly take it over a Lotus Elise SC.
You are missing my point, which was directed at some of the things adc said.
I am sure the interior of your car is nice. adc said it was a better direction for BMW. I disagreed.
Did I compare a 135 to a $100K Maserati? Read again. adc was buying a performance sedan based on weight, with the suggestion that the interior of the 135 is in some way more pure than a 335's or M3. I asked adc if he would buy a 135i over a Maserati, all things being equal. Why not, since the performance is similar and the 135 is lighter.

If you are going to respond to my posts, please look at who they are directed towards, and what they say, as opposed to what you what them to be.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #73
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are missing my point, which was directed at some of the things adc said.
I am sure the interior of your car is nice. adc said it was a better direction for BMW. I disagreed.
yes, you disagreed, and you are entitled to that. No problems there.

I like both interior, but prefer the cabin layout on the 135i as adc does. It has a slight curve towards the driver like the e36 use to be, and the subtle cues such as the smaller perforated M steering wheel, and short M shift knob + shifter, are good touches. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier
Did I compare a 135 to a $100K Maserati? Read again. adc was buying a performance sedan based on weight, with the suggestion that the interior of the 135 is in some way more pure than a 335's or M3. I asked adc if he would buy a 135i over a Maserati, all things being equal.
Why not, since the performance is similar and the 135 is lighter.
I agree, but I'm not sure how your question applies in this scenario, "all things being equal"? I'm sure that NOBODY in their right mind would take a 135i over an M3 sedan much less a Maserati!

again, my very first post stated my point: at the end of the day, the M is the M and there is something about it that's just special. I, for one, would take one over any 135i, all things being equal

but the comments on "cheap interiors", "ugly", etc, etc, are just misinformed opinions.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #74
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Why misinformed?
I was at my dealership last week getting my X3 serviced and they had one sitting on the showroom. I sat in it, and didn't like it as much as my X3 with sport seats, let alone my M3.

Like you said, it's an opinion, which everyone is entitled to. I'm not knocking your car. It's a BMW, it's fast, handles well, and if you like the styling and materials that's all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #75
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why misinformed?
I was at my dealership last week getting my X3 serviced and they had one sitting on the showroom. I sat in it, and didn't like it as much as my X3 with sport seats, let alone my M3.

Like you said, it's an opinion, which everyone is entitled to. I'm not knocking your car. It's a BMW, it's fast, handles well, and if you like the styling and materials that's all that matters.
well, unless you sat on a 128i with no SP, you definitely have some unique tastes to say the least, no offense.

I could go on and on about the interior, but the facts remain: the dash has virtually no plastic other than around the radio/climate control, the cabin layout is superb, the seats are arguably the most sporty and aggressive looking (see e90post, or bimmerfest, etc), and the fit and finish is one of the best in all of the BMW line.

like I said, don't take my word..... talk to M3post member Technic, who has had a few runs in my car and is an M3 fanatic. I don't know what materials you are talking about to quite frank

anyways, lets agree to disagree and leave it at that. I'm more than elated with my measly 1series, so that's all i really care for

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #76
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

ps- this thread needs more love, less hate:

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #77
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Say what you want about the interior of the 135 getting back to BMW's roots, being simpler, whatever(...)The seats in the 135 feel CHEAP, especially when compared to BMW's higher end offerings. Same with the rest of the interior. Not to knock the car.
The 135i seats are all but identical with the 335i seats - both for the regular and the sport seats. I'm absolutely 100% positive about it.

So if you are comparing the 1 and 3, there's nothing to differentiate them. If you compare 1/3 with 5 or 7, then you may be onto something.

And as for the rest of the interior, I just don't see it that way. I dislike the 3 and 5 interiors for being very "bluff faced" and using an ugly and sparse design esthetic. I like the new 7, X5 and X6 interiors for being more warm & inviting.

Let's put it this way - I'd get an M3 despite the interior, I'd get a 135i and enjoy the interior.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #78
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
The 135i seats are all but identical with the 335i seats - both for the regular and the sport seats. I'm absolutely 100% positive about it.

So if you are comparing the 1 and 3, there's nothing to differentiate them. If you compare 1/3 with 5 or 7, then you may be onto something.

And as for the rest of the interior, I just don't see it that way. I dislike the 3 and 5 interiors for being very "bluff faced" and using an ugly and sparse design esthetic. I like the new 7, X5 and X6 interiors for being more warm & inviting.

Let's put it this way - I'd get an M3 despite the interior, I'd get a 135i and enjoy the interior.
I agree 100%. Anyone who claims that the M3 interior is terrific, has never sat in a terrific interior. The first time I sat in the car I was absolutely unimpressed. Everyone on this site keeps talking about the M3's plush leather, what plush leather? However, it is good enough given the handsome remainder of the car. Of course the motor has its draw aswell. That being said, if you are one who's critisizing the 1's interior, I hope you aren't driving a 3.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #79
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
adc,

ignore armyav8tor....he sounds like your typical douchebag. Too bad, since most of the members here are actually very cool individuals. Just do a search on him on this board, and you will see, his posts are just pathetic at best. Don't waste your time....you have a better chance at teaching Bush Thermodynamics than having this guy see anything positive.
This is a classic example of a douchebag response right there. LOL You're not worth my time. Refer to my earlier post, if the shoe fits, wear it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #80
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
This is a classic example of a douchebag response right there. LOL You're not worth my time. Refer to my earlier post, if the shoe fits, wear it.
says the assflute who has nothing good to say in any thread. Added to ignore list....clown!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #81
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The 135i I sat in didn't have the SP. The SP is a much better package.
What I would suggest, is that if you are going to rave about the 135i interior, make sure you rave about the more expensive optional one.
Because the base package is really flimsy for a $40K car.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #82
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
What I would suggest, is that if you are going to rave about the 135i interior, make sure you rave about the more expensive optional one.
At the risk of re-stating the obvious, so is the 3 series interior. Absolutely no different. Go drive a 328i base (with leatherette) and it will look like crap.

Sport Package is a must in any 1/3/X3 car just because of the sport seats if nothing else. It's always been like this.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #83
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
agreed, but again, this would apply to all 3 series as well. A 335i with no SP is nothing short of horrible for a $47k car! The loaner I had for 3 days was undoubtedly the worst BMW interior i've been in, bar none.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #84
silvrevo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235v 6spd

I love the fact a X35i with a $400 chip will out run a M3 all day long!

Even better is how M3 owners reach and stretch for anything to hang on to an ounce of ,,, O, that car did spank my $60k Bimmer,,,,,,,, ummmmm Im going to hide now.

Not to mention 30mpg at 75mph.........lolol.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #85
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrevo View Post

Even better is how M3 owners reach and stretch for anything to hang on to an ounce of ,,, O, that car did spank my $60k Bimmer,,,,,,,, ummmmm Im going to hide now.

I used to own a E90 335i. Great car for the money.

But what's your point? I don't want my car to be chiptuned, I want to keep my warranty and plug and play(trackdays/sideways etc) so that's why I chose the M3. Still I love the torquey .35i engine.Excellent for cruising and DD.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 03:17 AM   #86
CliffJumper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrevo View Post

Since when did BMWs become drag cars? You could take a # of cheap cars (e.g. 1G & 2G Eclipse, older Camaro & Mustangs, sr20'd 240sx) that can be modded for sub-$10K, including the price of the car, that can "out run" an M3 (or chipped X35, for that matter) all day long. Does that mean they are better cars?

Of course, it appears that a good number of the M3 owners believe that the letter "M" automatically means that it is god's gift to the human kind all occasions and uses...
Appreciate 0