BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

03-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #837
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
^ Nice caddy~

I love seeing all car enthusiasts come together instead of being divided by make/engine sizes/etc.
      03-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #838
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPE View Post
that happens sometimes: the law allows them to reposess the car and refund the $$$, do some research....

most states have laws that allow a buyer to return a vehicle within 3 days...it cuts both ways...
because they made a mistake or error in judgement buying it...
hi everyone. saw this on :

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...d.php?t=131115

and i registered just to show my support for ya dude !

also wanted to comment above statement, that there is *NO SUCH THING AS a BUYER"S REMORSE FOR CARS* (and some other purchases...just think, can ya find a return policy).

I don't know what the dealership is doing for damage control. Since they are a "multi-billion" dollar dealership, they could afford to foot your attorney fees, stress, and absorb a small loss here. Or they can wager it all to win this one case, but probably lose exclusive rights for negative publicity for BMW. either way, i'd say the dealership lost enough face.

i'm just thinking, since i have the money to purchase a luxury car, and hearing of this instance (that BMW corporate probably has caught wind of already), and have do decide to buy a lexus, benz, or BMW ..... do i want the consumer to spend loads of money thinking ..."Hmmm, is this how i'm going to be treated as a prospective BMW owner, or establish loyalty with another brand".

good luck on your situation !

PS-might be a little late, as i'm only on thread pg 11 or so, but i'm also curious to know the ip of the suspect member.....
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #839
BossEvoVIII
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 Evolution VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
wow! I love the diversity of everyone signing on!

Lol welcome all!
Thanks, sweet forum you guys have here.
      03-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #840
SvB4EvA
Rep
Drives: 2007 Cadillac CTS

Quote:
^ Nice caddy~

I love seeing all car enthusiasts come together instead of being divided by make/engine sizes/etc.
Thank you, and HELL YEA! CAR LOVERS UNITE!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #841
max4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5

Congrats dude!!!! As everyone else said READ that contract before you accept anything. And please post some HIGH RESOLUTION pics of that car. That dealership needs to learn how to take good pictures!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #842
dgb2
Rep
Drives: GLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsux View Post
Laszlo> ... be more careful about what you say, especially on a public forum. This is public record after all. Especially you, Xcellere ...be more careful about what you say, especially on a public forum. This is public record after all. Especially you, Xcellere

Excellent advice.

ArtPE is also placing himself at unnecessary risk. PE registrations are a
matter of public record ... and his state makes them avail on-line.
As an EIT close to getting my PE I can say that ArtPE was in violation of several sections of the Engineering Code of Ethics... most of it actually.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #843
toddy33
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Lexus IS250

I just registered for support, too.

Came here from Consumerist, and I have had a blast reading about what happened. Congrats, Dooma...can't wait to hear what the "conditions" are.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #844
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Well, thats true, but I'm trying to figure out the "screwed" part. People back out of deals all the time. That might make you less likely to do business with them in the future, but he hasn't shown a "loss" other than being bummed out by not getting a cheap Bimmer, sweet as that might be.

All I'm saying is that everyone has assumed the dumb-ass salesman knew what the hell he was doing. I can't imagine he did, but that might be the case.

IF he did it intentionally he deserves a sock party for sure.
a "mistake" shouldn't be used as an excuse here. there should be no doubt of the awareness, being terms of sale were altered to artifically inflate (and in violation) of ebay rules. i also *highly* doubt the main manager of a "multi-billion" dollar dealership of a prestigious luxury brand automaker had *NO* idea that one of their cars was being offered at auction, and didn't follow up on it. they got burned b/c the chance to get top dollar back-fired.

suck it up "multi-billion" dollar dealership, cut your losses, save face, move on.

buyer played by rules, and won buy rules.

and ebay wouldn't back out .... they'd want the commission of a sale *AND* they don't want any more negative publicity themselves (offering forum for deceptive practices to continue).
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #845
ganjadude
Rep
Drives: 99 grand am GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver View Post
We all can show support in one way or another, but what you just did was reprehensible. You may think in your pot rotten mind that you just did a great thing, but you are no better than the dealership. Yeah, you really taught them a lesson. And man, you surely have a lot of time on your hands. But then again, drug dealers usually do.

Watch out for the local DEA. They might be visiting you soon.

BTW, people always complain about salesmen and how dealerships treat people. Well, you are a shining example of why they do. It cuts both ways. Dealerships start to play games because buyers come on playing games. I know this first hand. Long before I worked for a car dealership, I was, too, a car buyer. There are good salesmen and bad salesman just as there are decent customers and jimmy jacks like you.

your a funny man, assuming im a drug dealer by my name.. thats a good one, i dont even smoke weed, havent in years and a little FYI, marijuana does NOT rot the brain, the only downside to it is the smoke, if you bake with it its actually healthy but this is OT now and im not gonna waste my time trying to educate you

and secondly yes i too have been a car salesmen on the floor and i currently sell cars through ebay.

all i did was tie up their time and effort in a sale that was not gonna happen anyway. no different than if i had gone to the dealership and took the time of a salesman and proceeded to walk out and not buy anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #846
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy33 View Post
can't wait to hear what the "conditions" are.
Haha me too! I hope its not like they have to brand Lincoln BMW all over the car.
      03-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #847
Legen_wait for it_dary
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe

been trying to follow this thing, but there are so many pages! glad they are honoring your bid. enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #848
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=dooma350;2352345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPE View Post
good luck on making the case in court....
you'll spend more than you save, and recovering legal fees in a case like this?
QUOTE]

I initially felt the same way in the beginning, but not anymore. Say I spend an additional 5K, its been worth it considering the amount of nagative publicity the dealership has gotten. Even if I dont get the car @60K thru BMW of Lincoln, I will have brought enough attention to this slimshady unethical dealer that they will think twice in the future before pulling this type of BS. And that dude Michael who was laughing being part of the big bad husker auto group? Im sure he isnt laughing anymore!

Oh, And I'll still be getting my M3 so its cool.
if you need charitable situations to raise funds for a fight, plz put the word out as a last resort.

i'm sure some law firms might take this pro-bono, or reduced (especially consumer advocate attorney's). Talk around, and you might like what you hear from law firms. Heck, even one of the UC schools must have a top-notch law school which might help them earn recognition for service in representing the consumer community.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #849
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
^ Nice caddy~

I was just thinking the same thing. Instead of bickering over makes and models, we all tried to help Dooma out, and it worked. I think everyone was so involved in this because most of us have been burned by a stealership at one point or another. This was the little guy getting back at "the billion dollar dealership."
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #850
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. Instead of bickering over makes and models, we all tried to help Dooma out, and it worked. I think everyone was so involved in this because most of us have been burned by a stealership at one point or another. This was the little guy getting back at "the billion dollar dealership."
      03-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #851
ganjadude
Rep
Drives: 99 grand am GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
This is the sort of thing that can hurt Dooma in the end. By trying these antics, mailbombing, and sending threats, you are steeling their defenses against Dooma's cause. He is still in the midst of negotiations, and this sort of action can be viewed to legitimize their treatment of Dooma.

Of course, it does not hurt to let the dealership know how far their bad press has reached.

please explaIN how what i did will hurt anyone. It seems that alot of you feel the same however i personally feel that what i did was fine.

i did not call them making threats all i did was call them, set up a car and tell them nevermind i made a mistake. i was polite to the saleman i didnt make multiple calls harassing them the ojnly thing i did was steal their time from them in the hopes of selling a car. people do this in the actual dealership all day long, i know i USED TO SELL CARS.

the reason i went this route is because i too also know that vigilante justice will only hurt his case and i would not want that to happen. again all i did was quote out a car and tell them n/m i made a mistake.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #852
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Minor Update: Email response from Fil, GM at dealer.

So I sent an email to the dealer, linking m3post.com and autoblog this afternoon so he could get a feel for how big this has gotten. Coincidentally, this is when the moosman showed up too. My email to Fil:
(Note, nothing has been edited)
Fil,

As I mentioned, many people are outraged at this situation. Autoblog.com, a major automotive site has just now picked this story up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/23/b...-hon/#comments
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127993

I am absolutely determined to follow-up on this to the end, to get the deal I am entitled to.
I hope we can get this resolved monday.

Fils response?

As repeated...I will converse with our corporate office. It feels like your harassing me. I now have people harassing me also. Easter is a special day for my religious beliefs, please let my family enjoy. Do not email anymore threats. Fil

I have never threatened Fil in anyway, but I think he is perceiving this situation as a threat to him. Granted the Easter thing, I can appreciate but I dont expect him to reply to emails written today. As for people harassing him, well thats beyond my control as I don't know why they are calling Fil. It could be for other transgressions commited by the dealership.That said, please dont threaten Fil at the dealership
that is a classic ploy. YOUR emails will clearly show no case of harassment, but merely calls for awareness to your situation. of course, they can assume that the publicity brought on got them "harassment", but bottom-line truth, they earned it themselves for getting caught pants-down on this.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #853
toddy33
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Lexus IS250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
Ditto...I just bought a Lexus, and I started browsing forums about cars for the first time in my life (I'm a 44 year old car idiot). I didn't even know that such rivalries existed.

Heck, I love this car to death, but I am now already looking at any number of different cars as its replacement in a few years, thanks to the spirited debates.

But this one story beats all...there has been none of the rivalry stuff! Kinda makes one smile. A lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #854
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Yeah, more car enthusiast members for M3post!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #855
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenment View Post
It's odd how Fil decided to work today with this being such a sacred holiday for him and his family.
true that !

they have all the emails they sent .... i'd be surprised in court when you show numerous emails to facilitate dialogue, but they show up with none .... effectively showing you are earnest, while they are not, and simply stalling for legal wiggle. the attorneys will use this, and the judge will hear this.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #856
jestermx6
Registered
Rep
Drives: mazdas, BMWs, and a jaguar

i mostly just want to shake dooma's hand now if he comes into town to pick this car up
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #857
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy33 View Post
Ditto...I just bought a Lexus, and I started browsing forums about cars for the first time in my life (I'm a 44 year old car idiot). I didn't even know that such rivalries existed.

Heck, I love this car to death, but I am now already looking at any number of different cars as its replacement in a few years, thanks to the spirited debates.

But this one story beats all...there has been none of the rivalry stuff! Kinda makes one smile. A lot.
In short time you're surely find out all about the "my car's better then yours" bickering that goes on with each and every car forum. The bright side is that this thread goes to show that when it comes down to it, we're all car fanatics. Whether the car we love is German, American, or Japanese.
      03-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #858
TestSubjekt
Rep
Drives: honda

Props to the staff for banning the troll. It makes reading the thread alot more soothing.

I think I'm going to post a thread with a link at my site (see signature). I'll play up the angle of the power of the internet with the apparent happy ending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
One member pointed out after some very clever sleuthing, that is be possible that the dealership was/is shill bidding against their own eBay auctions. It would be interesting to see if this has been going on for a while and eBay never caught onto the fact that his Powerseller was in fact committing fraud for a while now... and it is possible, since eBay is too big to handle the endless fraud that happens on that service each and everyday.

This is what I'd like to see pursued and what eBay's answer or investigation concludes.

Although this is really about Dooma and his M3, this situation, has opened up a very deep Pandora’s box.
I just want to keep bringing this point back up so Dooma notices and hopefully forwards the info to eBay. There were also alot of great suggestions from people about the shady business practices by the dealer that could still be followed up on even after Dooma gets his wheels.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread