BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

04-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #45
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
all i want is a BACK button! that's all.

one of the very useful shortcuts of iDrive is that you can hold the the controller in one of four directions (left right up down) and iDrive will go into *the last window* of that function. i can see how for someone who does not know that shortcut could find iDrive sometimes annoying as it does not "remember" your last window in the function if you don't use the shortcut.
Menu sometimes works as Back ... only in settings though. i agree, that one does seem more logical to add.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #46
dan6470
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Err ... having the extra buttons around the controller isn't exactly earth shattering. Already inthe USA models we have a MODE button to toggle through the audio sources, and a FM button to go straight to the radio.

Then you can assign 1 of 6 buttons for a particularly function, such as telephone

and then on top of that, you can assign one, or two buttons on the steering wheel to either toggle through the audio sources, or go straight to the telephone address book.

So now we get some extra buttons around the wheel ... is that such a big deal ???
I don't think the addition of extra buttons is the only change...the article states there will be a 'completely new interface'. The picture of the 7 series is probably still using older software and isn't the final version.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #47
gtb75
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06

What I'd also like to see is a more integrated screen like we're seeing on the new 7-series interior spy shots... Either that or some kind of pop up screen like you get in the new 1-series. As others have already said, you don't spend much time going through menus and having to actually look at the screen, so why bother wasting so much real estate on the dash for it? Plus I just can't warm up to the look of the double-hump dash

Either way, I wasn't planning to order until '09 anyway, so I'll definitely be watching to see what changes take place over the next year...

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon
Brilliant Silver / Tweed M5 - 229AWHP / 260AWTQ
Appreciate 0