BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #45
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Are the scrapes identical on the other wheel? If so, that probably just means there was poor clearance to the caliper. If not, then probably just gravel that was wedged in there.
cause isn't really my concern, if the damage was disclosed i would not have purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DarkChaos View Post
I am on the same boat, ordered the front/rear cameras and emails after emails just wanting an update of when it will be shipped since it's been over a week now, I am getting ignored. Don't really want to go through with dispute without hearing from them but I am losing patience. If anyone go by their shop, please help us send a message!
i agree, communication isn't their strong suit.
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2016, 07:38 AM   #46
Bolos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Saloon Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuespeedgti View Post
Resolved: Aleks and i have come to a mutual agreement and a partial credit was given, in his defense he also offered a full refund once they were returned to him but given the circumstance i didn't feel comfortable going that route. i will have the wheels refinished locally this winter.

I recently purchased a set of BBS FI's from sales@alekshop that were stated to be in good condition, no rash etc. the OP's FS thread was sparse when it can to detailed photos but i was not deterred from buying as reviews of this company and Aleks specifically were all glowing, some to the point that they called him a perfectionist.

Once I received these wheels from fedex and unpackaged them I decided to clean them as they were filthy, like worse than my wheels are daily driving in New England and not washing them once during the entire season.

As i washed the wheels the initial excitement turned to anxiety as my stomach began to sink as the apparent damage was becoming all too visible. Also worth a mention is that tread was advertised as 80% fronts 60% rears, however i measured them with a digital tire gauge and they were actually 5/32 (50%) front 4/32 rear (40%) compared to 10/32 new.

I attempted to contact sales@alekshop via private message, I received no reply, then mailbox full at a later date for a second attempt. My next approach was to contact username alekshop via PM, and received no reply. Finally i reached out directly via phone, left a message and still have not heard back.

below are the photos i took trying to capture the baked on and unremovable track day brake dust and metal worn down from a BBK that was not with in the wheels tolerance for clearance.
I have been going to Alekshop for over 5 years and most recently been yet again burned by him.
Read my post from a few days ago "bay Area" I've been going to them for years and they both used me and screwed me.

I highly recommend AGAINST them for ANYTHING.

too bad cause I think at one point they did actual good work.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #47
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

At least all the people being burned or having a distasteful experience with Alekshop is coming to light. Seems between this and the other 3-4 bad experiences lately, his shop won't be retaining that excellent, spotless, and perfectionist reputation that is clearly not true.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #48
lantran
Rep
Drives: cex

communication isn't their strong suit
Appreciate 0