BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

07-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #45
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

A young girl was killed crossing the street near me by a driver who was "prescribed" medication. I know yours is as well, but that doesn't mean you should be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle or operating heavy machinery...

Maybe that little BLACK BOX alert should be placed on that medication that surely doesn't come in a damm bottle from CVS...

Smoke all you want, but that girls parents are suffering more then words can explain and I bet they don't care if the drivers medication was "prescribed"... The drivers udgement was off at THAT moment, on THAT day, at THAT specific time and I bet he didn't think it was. Sorry, you don't want to be judged on this thread that YOU started, but your getting a ton of feedback from guys (and a girl) saying that its probably not too safe to drive your car (any car) too "bro".. So try to see where it is coming from. No one here wants anyone hurt... This is the type of shit if I were you I would keep it to myself......just saying

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:08 AM   #46
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Wonder if there are any officer's trolling this forum. Hey OP, what is your licensce plate number??
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:28 AM   #47
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LISSA View Post
A young girl was killed crossing the street near me by a driver who was "prescribed" medication. I know yours is as well, but that doesn't mean you should be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle or operating heavy machinery...

Maybe that little BLACK BOX alert should be placed on that medication that surely doesn't come in a damm bottle from CVS...

Smoke all you want, but that girls parents are suffering more then words can explain and I bet they don't care if the drivers medication was "prescribed"... The drivers udgement was off at THAT moment, on THAT day, at THAT specific time and I bet he didn't think it was. Sorry, you don't want to be judged on this thread that YOU started, but your getting a ton of feedback from guys (and a girl) saying that its probably not too safe to drive your car (any car) too "bro".. So try to see where it is coming from. No one here wants anyone hurt... This is the type of shit if I were you I would keep it to myself......just saying

As terrible as that is I'm sure there's more to the story.

I'm not advocating weed here but god damn there's a lot of uneducated misinformed folks. Do some research.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #48
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
There's no crime committed. Sure it's dumb to post this online but you can't prove who did/said what so Just relax.
Didn't say a crime was committed. However there is a thing called increased scrutinity. If a crime is committed, I love evidence!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #49
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
As terrible as that is I'm sure there's more to the story.

I'm not advocating weed here but god damn there's a lot of uneducated misinformed folks. Do some research.
What would you suggest he research? That drugs impair driving? Let me know when you come across the study that disputes that claim.

Anyone driving high, drunk or otherwise impaired is putting themselves and others at a greater risk. Simple as that. I'm no angel, but at least I admit my vices, and don't go looking for someone to give me a thumbs up about my bad decisions on the internet.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #50
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
What would you suggest he research? That drugs impair driving? Let me know when you come across the study that disputes that claim.

Anyone driving high, drunk or otherwise impaired is putting themselves and others at a greater risk. Simple as that. I'm no angel, but at least I admit my vices, and don't go looking for someone to give me a thumbs up about my bad decisions on the internet.

Do your own. Research. I listed in a prior post where the news (think it was channel 2) took drivers- one who smoked a lot, one who didn't and one who smoked on occasion and they took them up to Lime Rock Park and set them up on a course. They found that there was little change from driving under the influence of weed. Sure everyone reacts differently but you don't have stoned people getting on the freeway the wrong way and killing people like driving drunk does. The stigma needs to stop. Your own federal government has kept weed labeled a schedule 1 drug for wayyyy to long. Truth is that it's not a bad thing at all. Slowly we're starting to come around but there's still way too much ignorance. And this thread is proof
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #51
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
Didn't say a crime was committed. However there is a thing called increased scrutinity. If a crime is committed, I love evidence!
Internet police huh? Get a hobby
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #52
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

You as well as others here should do some research first rather than cast stones on a subject you obviously don't know much about. How many bad accidents have we heard about in CA? Or now CO since now everyone is smoking?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #53
wildwestm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible

Man, I've read some stupid posts, but this one takes the cake. OP, you really want people to validate your driving under the influence?? I don't care what you are on, don't drive a damn car. You drive high at "night" when nobody is around to better enjoy your M3? You're just an idiot. Guess what genius, people have kids that get hurt at night, or wake-up sick and need to be taken to Urgent Care or the ER. It's people like you that "think" you are fine and end up killing them. I can't believe people on here actually agree with you that it's OK. I just can't figure out how someone that can afford an 80K car can be so damn stupid...

Dave
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by wildwestm3; 07-17-2014 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #54
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwestm3 View Post
Man, I've read some stupid posts, but this one takes the cake. OP, you really want people to validate your driving under the influence?? I don't care what you are on, don't drive a damn car. You drive high at "night" when nobody is around to better enjoy your M3? You're just an idiot. Guess what genious, people have kids that get hurt at night, or wake-up sick and need to be taken to Urgent Care or the ER. It's people like you that "think" you are fine and end up killing them. I can't believe people on here actually agree with you that it's OK. I just can't figure out how someone that can afford an 80K car can be so damn stupid...
I think it's stupid. Stupid to post about something like this on the internet. However look at all the responses bashing weed in general.

I mean shit, marijuana is MUCH safer and less harmful than alcohol and alcohol impairs you much much much more, but everyone will drive to the bar and have a few drinks or a few drinks with dinner and go home.

Society has created the stigma around marijuana and it's wrong plain and simple.

Marijuana is not a bad drug. It's been proven time and time again.

Shit even Sanjay Gupta changed his feelings on it. People need to wake up!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #55
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90
Quote:

You as well as others here should do some research first rather than cast stones on a subject you obviously don't know much about. How many bad accidents have we heard about in CA? Or now CO since now everyone is smoking?
Ok dude, you're right. Being stoned and driving does not lower reaction times, and increase your risk of an accident.

Maybe it's an acceptable risk to you, and one that's lower than being drunk, but don't be naive. Your not as sharp and alert when you are stoned (hence the term dope). Am I really even having this argument or is this like a bad episode of The Twilight Zone? The internet always amazes me when someone says to "do research" on something that is so well established that you have to really go out of your way to find contrary evidence.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #56
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ok dude, you're right. Being stoned and driving does not lower reaction times, and increase your risk of an accident.

Maybe it's an acceptable risk to you, and one that's lower than being drunk, but don't be naive. Your not as sharp and alert when you are stoned (hence the term dope). Am I really even having this argument or is this like a bad episode of The Twilight Zone? The internet always amazes me when someone says to "do research" on something that is so well established that you have to really go out of your way to find contrary evidence.

Yes do some research. This isn't the twilight zone. This is real life and you sound uneducated. Well establishe? How wrong can you be? Since weed is still being classified as schedule 1 we have limited resources available to us. However there is a wealth of information pertaining to marijuana that isn't biased or one sided. I'm sorry but the rabbit hole goes much, much deeper than that. I'm not here to advocate weed (although it seems I am now). I'm here to open eyes and let people do their own research rather than post non factual information.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #57
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

From the New York Times: "The study’s lead author, Eduardo Romano, a senior research scientist at the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, said that once he adjusted for demographics and the presence of alcohol, marijuana did not statistically increase the risk of a crash"

edited for bold face

Last edited by s85e90; 07-17-2014 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #58
miringrains
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11.5 M3 E93

Sometimes I take adderall and drive. I swear to you I feel like terminator style computer measurements are happening with a turn etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #59
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep

Last edited by happos2; 07-17-2014 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: Edited
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #60
Ludey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Turbo S

Not a good mix, IMO.

When I was much much younger and into super high end car stereo systems, I used to do that and drive... but only for the experience of listening to the music. I found that to be a very enjoyable enhancement.

But, I guess now that I'm older, I don't partake anymore ever, much less while driving... brings out anxiety unfortunately. But I'm of the opinion that it CAN be done responsibly. But like most things, it can also be done irresponsibly. Please use your judgement folks, you're walking a fine line here. And remember, if someone else causes an accident and dies... even if they were 100% at fault, you are going to be charged with a felony and do time. Just not worth the risk IMO. It a risk / reward thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #61
thai357sig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I have had a few beers and drove home before. Doesn't happen very often, because I don't have any friends. So I do most of my drinking at home. But I do believe that when I have had a few, never to the point where I am stumbling or slurring my speach, I tend to drive a lot more cautiously. Certainly much better than most if not all old farts that either do 10mph less than the limit in a fast lane, making turns or pull out of parking lots with out any concerns right into heavy traffic going at speed. And certainly more cautious than zit face teenagers texting and cell phone chatting while driving.

But to drink a few then get behind the wheel for fun is just asking for it. Spirited driving is best done when you are in full control of your faculties. Taking corners at high speed and cruising above posted limits requires your full concentration.

Be careful and make sure not to endanger anyone else.
      07-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #62
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

I've done my own personal research on this subject, and pot just makes you stupid and forgetful.... and, uh, it does something else, I just can't remember what right now.

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #63
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
I've done my own personal research on this subject, and pot just makes you stupid and forgetful.... and, uh, it does something else, I just can't remember what right now.
.... and hungry
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #64
DanoneBMW
Rep
Drives: G72 M3 (2018)

If I find your names and states I would track down each of your addresses (starting with OP) and mail the info to your local law enforcement so they can sting you in a DUI, and to the MADD local chapter so they can pay you a "friendly" visit.
After the E92 M3 has become available on the used car market we're seeing pot heads loosers and college kids and the level of discussion on this forum has gone down the drain as a consequence. I wish all of you "recreational" drug users to find harder stuff soon to accelerate your down spiral.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #65
DanoneBMW
Rep
Drives: G72 M3 (2018)

If I find your names and states I would track down each of your addresses (starting with OP) and mail the info to your local law enforcement so they can sting you in a DUI, and to the MADD local chapter so they can pay you a "friendly" visit.
After the E92 M3 has appeared on the used car market we're seeing po t heads loo sers and college kids and the level of discussion on this forum has gone down the drain as a consequence. I wish all of you "recreational" drug users to find harder stuff soon to accelerate your down spiral.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #66
WWM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3, F80 CS

A good portion of this country are medicating with pills and driving every day. The only thing is, they have a note from their dr. Is some guy who smokes and drives any worse than the one who's taking pain pills and driving? I don't think so personally...

Although the best option is to be completely sober of course.