BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

01-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #45
Gravedgr
Registered
Rep
Drives: A van down by the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
You must be member of MBworld. Sticky, maybe?
I'm not sure I understand your comment. Are you asking if I am Sticky? If you search car forums, you'll find my handle strewn across a number of them including here (wasn't enough traffic back when I had my M3), e46fanatics, mbworld, rennlist, northamericanmotoring, etc. One thing that puts "sand in my vagina" is when folks can't be civilly competitive and make all of us owners look juvenile.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #46
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Since when did a 435 GT3 997.2 become 502 HP?? We are talking production car numbers. Are you talking about the GT3 cup car??

Why on earth would PencilGeek's street driven M3 be compared to a not-street legal race track cup car with limited restricted, catalysts etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
You are wrong. There is NO way that a 502 crank hp GT3 is only going to put down 360-370 RWHP as a F/R layout. Quit pulling numbers from thin air. You do realize thats 26-28% drivetrain loss, right? Not even the Panamera turbo with AWD and a F/R layout has that high a drivetrain loss, see below.
Convenient that you nearly doubled the drivetrain loss from PG's car (15% loss) when you said what the GT3 would put down. They both have nearly the SAME crank hp, so why is it that all of a sudden the GT3's drivetrain loss in you calclulations becomes almost TWICE that of a another front/rear layout car?? If the GT3 were a F/R, it would STILL put down ~440-450 rwhp.
You failed miserably at that since you didnt keep the drivetrain losses in check.

FYI- Panamera Turbo, Front/rear layout AND AWD puts down 418 HP to the wheels.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread