BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #45
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

CA drivers are the worst of the worst. Everyone passes on the right. Few use indicators. Cutting people off and tailgating, etc, you name it.

I always drive defensively and try to leave a safe distance from the car in front. But that doesn't always work out, because apparently people behind you don't want you to have any space. They will go around you and fill that gap, then start tailgating the car in front.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 12:31 AM   #46
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

biker was riding like an idiot. i really hate it when they get within inches of my car/mirrors... respect my space and comfort zone.
      06-03-2015, 04:14 AM   #47
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

the first thought after reading the article (eg: his growing out of pocket expenses) was...

thank goodness the health care in the us is privatized... cause you know... in this situation he deserves to go bankrupt cause some idiot smoked him with his bmw.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 05:01 AM   #48
spiderspider
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT, 991 C4S, E46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
I just have little pity for people who drive bikes. my friends who own bikes included. They think because they drive something that is insanely unsafe on the road that they have the right to bitch at people who are on phones and or driving stupidly.

the guy in the video was at a stop light for F sake. Then some random guy on a bike rolls by and yells into his car.

I just find people who ride bikes to be really annoying.

do i think its right for this guy to get hurt, no. but when you mess people in cars, you better be ready for road rage.
Get off your phone asshole
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 05:25 AM   #49
spiderspider
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT, 991 C4S, E46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesler View Post
I really had no idea how entitled drivers think they are till I came to CA and found myself having to deal with bike riders going past at ridiculous speeds while everyone is stuck in traffic and trying to find a clearer lane.

I don't think the bike rider deserved to be run over like that but he certainly wasn't a perfect driver either as the video amply proves.
yes many transplants seem to have a hard time grasping the idea of lane sharing. CHP even put out commercials trying to educate the general public (good luck). one of several reasons i sold my bike years ago, texting and driving being the topper.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #50
avol3xo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Just moved to Atlanta from Alabama and my bike is now for sale because of the reckless drivers here. My head is constantly on a swivel here, it's not even relaxing anymore to ride it's stressful.

In regards to the video, both were wrong but not equally. The biker had no right to tell someone stopped at a red light to get off of their phone, he then proceeds to pump his brakes a couple of times in front of the car. The driver also has less right to then retaliate by doing a fly by or swipe of the biker. Two wrongs don't make a right. I hope both learn their lesson here.
      06-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #51
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

Its a shame he got smoked, didn't really deserve that.

That being said...

I bet this is the last time he opens his big mouth at another driver using their cell phone
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #52
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by anom3 View Post
the first thought after reading the article (eg: his growing out of pocket expenses) was...

thank goodness the health care in the us is privatized... cause you know... in this situation he deserves to go bankrupt cause some idiot smoked him with his bmw.
Bankrupt over a $5,000 deductible? Yeah, sure.......

We probably shouldn't get too far off topic, but I wouldn't trade the US health care for what is offered in other countries. My wife is Danish and we both prefer the health care here in the States. A little self-responsibility and keeping a small fund for co-pays/co-insurance/deductible and you will always be fine.

But back on topic. The rider is a total douche. He didn't deserve what happened, but sometimes this is what happens when you instigate confrontations. I have not a single shred of care for him.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #53
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBM3 View Post
We probably shouldn't get too far off topic, but I wouldn't trade the US health care for what is offered in other countries.
Free health care for everyone....plus pay health insurance if you want whatever extra benefit that may give you, works for me.

Quote:
But back on topic. The rider is a total douche. He didn't deserve what happened, but sometimes this is what happens when you instigate confrontations. I have not a single shred of care for him.
I think I must be a bad person because I don't have any sympathy for the biker either. The BMW driver OTOH deserves a proper slapping.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #54
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Free health care for everyone....plus pay health insurance if you want whatever extra benefit that may give you, works for me.

I think I must be a bad person because I don't have any sympathy for the biker either. The BMW driver OTOH deserves a proper slapping.
There is nothing free about "free health care" ... you should have seen my wife's paycheck when she was working in Denmark.... free sure is expensive.

Man, that biker was a tool. Moving up to the front, nearly hitting vehicles, then cursing out someone he doesn't even know, and it also appears he brake checks the BMW a couple of times also. The BMW then tries to get around the douche and this causes an accident.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #55
T.Stanley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 M-Sport - RWD 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
From what I can tell, the biker deserved it.

That is a terrible comment.

I'm a rider myself. I would never justify intentionally hurting another human being because of road rage.

To the poster above, what if that rider that went down was your Son, Brother, or Father? Did they deserve it?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #56
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

I'm a motorcycle rider as well. People ride so bad even when not texting. There is the radio, nav, going thru docs, kids, and so on. Texting makes it worst. If you are driving no matter if it's a bike, motorcycle , car or truck you have to be defensive at all times. A verbal comment, question, suggestion is not enough reason to go and hit the other guy. Something else is if you feel threaten or life endangered. None of this was this case. The BMW driver acted stupidly and should be condemned for his acts. On the other hand the biker can tell anyone what ever he wants (freedom of speech) but he needs to be aware that the guy can even draw a weapon!!!! He should be prepare for the worst and he wasn't. Both acted wrong, but the BMW driver acted physically upon a verbal statement. I don't think there is a legal punishment for verbal insults but definitely there is one for crashing into a motorcycle and fleeing the scene of the crime. It's MPO.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #57
SammiK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post

the guy in the video was at a stop light for F sake. Then some random guy on a bike rolls by and yells into his car.

You wonder what happened before the start of the video to provoke the biker to say something.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 10:31 AM   #58
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by byunts View Post
You wonder what happened before the start of the video to provoke the biker to say something.
I agree with Ezio , there is more to this and it was carefully edited to only show the knock down. A few seconds before the start of the clip, the plate of the BMW would be shown.
      06-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #59
M3AG
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
I agree with Ezio , there is more to this and it was carefully edited to only show the knock down. A few seconds before the start of the clip, the plate of the BMW would be shown.
I watched if few times, Look at the Prius on the right side, then listen to bike's engine, he is intentionally riding slow in front of the BMW. And as mentioned it's been carefully edited to only show the knock down.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #60
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AG View Post
I watched if few times, Look at the Prius on the right side, then listen to bike's engine, he is intentionally riding slow in front of the BMW. And as mentioned it's been carefully edited to only show the knock down.
The bike looks like it brake checked the BMW. He's being a douche. People talk about BMW drivers being assholes, but there is nothing worse than people on 2 wheels. Motorized or pedals. I've never seen such whiny, entitled, douches in my life that compare to people who travel on 2 wheels.

I used to have a Daytona 955i, and I never really had an issue with cars. But the other riders were always jackasses.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #61
M3AG
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
The bike looks like it brake checked the BMW. He's being a douche. People talk about BMW drivers being assholes, but there is nothing worse than people on 2 wheels. Motorized or pedals. I've never seen such whiny, entitled, douches in my life that compare to people who travel on 2 wheels.

I used to have a Daytona 955i, and I never really had an issue with cars. But the other riders were always jackasses.
I agree! I doubt an E93 (with ZCP rims) will purposely clip someone. he's more worried about the paint job than clipping someone.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #62
ThatRWD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
Deserved to be almost killed? What if there had been another car on the road that ended up running him over once he fell off his bike? Still deserves it?
Hey not that I condone with the BMW driver did but this guy deserved it. Driving between cars to get to the front, yelling out like a dick wad on a red light, you know nothing about what condition the other drive is in. Learn to respect the road and other people's property.

Quick thinking on the BMW drivers part. Amen.
      06-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #63
gimmethemuumuu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3, SO/Bk

I wondered whether the guy on the bike might've brake-checked him. That alone could be the reason for the bump. May have been completely unintentional on the part of the car driver. Should've stopped, sure. But the accident may we'll have been caused by the biker.

I also wonder what happened prior to the talk with the driver. I bet there was give and take on both sides. I agree with others: The editing of the video, coupled with the commentary, is suspect at the least. I bet a lot more was going on there.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #64
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

I am a little late to the party it looks like, but as a former rider (have owned 3 sport bikes, and rode for approximately 4 years before moving to Germany, but don't own a bike or ride at the moment and don't know if I ever will again) I am amazed with the sheer lack of intelligence or common sense in this thread.

I just wanted to state two things, and then I'm out:

1. You don't drive a bike, you ride it. I counted at least two posts that refer to it as "driving" the motorcycle

2. Motorcyclist was in the wrong. No question about it. He should have minded his own business. He provoked the BMW driver and incited road rage which lead to his unfortunate ordeal..

..that being said, the actions of the BMW driver were 100% unwarranted. Just because someone is an asshole to you, calls you names, makes fun of the color of your shirt, or tells you (in a not so nice way) that you need to get off your f*cking phone while you are driving, that does not give you the right in any way shape or form to run them over, especially a motorcyclist. Again, as someone who used to ride, I understand fully the risks and dangers motorcyclist face every day just riding to the store and back. There is a reason they call people in cars "cagers". It's not a derogatory term. They are referring to the fact that they have a motor vehicle (hence the term "cage") surrounding them with airbags to protect them in the case of a crash. A motorcyclist has nothing but the gear he is wearing.

I hope they find the driver of the BMW and charge him to the full extent the law will allow. IMHO the BMW driver should be arrested for attempted murder, because that is what this is. It would be difficult for that charge to stand in court, but at the end of the day, this could have ended much worse for the motorcycle rider, and he is lucky to be alive.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRWD View Post
Hey not that I condone with the BMW driver did but this guy deserved it. Driving between cars to get to the front, yelling out like a dick wad on a red light, you know nothing about what condition the other drive is in. Learn to respect the road and other people's property.

Quick thinking on the BMW drivers part. Amen.
You do know lane splitting is 100% legal in California where this took place, correct? Texting and driving on the other hand, is not. Motorcyclist broke no traffic laws, so do you want to try again?

Okay, now I am done. Not getting involved with the drama of this thread. Have fun guys.

Last edited by Rat3d ///M; 06-03-2015 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #65
AMG_LAWL
E92 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: (2) E92 M3's & F30 320i

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [0.00]
Ive heard of incidents like these so many times.. I love bikes and respect bikers all the time whenever I see them on the road. But this time, its the bikers fault.. You'll be surprised how many times a car driver will be charged with attempted murder, this or that.. but its always in the bikers interest to protect himself and in this case he was not protecting himself. The driver can easily say "his life was threatened" this is why he drove away and in the process "THE BIKER HIT ME".. simple as that case dismissed and the biker has hospital bills..

Theres always three sides to a story.. Your story, their story, and the truth..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 04:59 PM   #66
AMG_LAWL
E92 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: (2) E92 M3's & F30 320i

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [0.00]
The biker could have easily pulled up and in a polite way (even tho you're pissed off) said "can you please save the texting till after your drive, I would really feel a lot better, thank you" and driven off. In this case he continued to cut off the BMW driver and then cut him off again when they merged into the straight away. Its the bikers fault completely. Bikers dont have more rights than drivers do.. Pedestrians have more rights than bikers and drivers.. I think people are getting pedestrians and bikers confused.. lawl..
Appreciate 0