BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #529
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

If I was a girl I would stay far away from these forums. A good majority here act like they have never seen a woman before. Not at all surprised to see this get 25 pages, or bumped for no good reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 10:41 PM   #530
///M-Furby
Master Driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340

Not saying right or wrong, but she probably had an inkling of what would happen
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 07:53 AM   #531
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
If you stick around here, furb, you'll learn to just peruse the 'General' side only once in a while.
      01-27-2016, 08:22 AM   #532
///M-Furby
Master Driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
If you stick around here, furb, you'll learn to just peruse the 'General' side only once in a while.
kurgen. how are you? its been a while. ive been scoping out this forum more and more. im still a fester, but i think my presence is needed here as well.
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 11:45 AM   #533
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Mew View Post

Anyways, I would like to drop this subject. I would love to meet you guys at car meets when the opportunity arises, but I'm not sure what that would prove. I do not know all the little factoids of every car like my fiance if you were to quiz me, I just love my M3 and I love detailing!
It would be like that. Now unless she is on your deez, then get off it.
LOL.

If you like girls, go to off topic there are girl members on here that can handle these types of things.
      01-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #534
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
I blame this on me being a bad teacher. Just got a pressure washer and foam cannon combo to avoid touching the paint, so that should help. Also using only new microfibers to dry the car. Do you have a link to the wool mit you recommend?
Oh please I'm the one teaching you!

Anyways,
For better or for worse I kind of got over the social aspect of the car scene, including both car forums and instagram. I do appreciate those who were kind and supportive of my interest in cars (not that its that special!).

After putting on about 10K miles on the car, I have some more thoughts on the M3.

The sound really is special. I am forced to listen to various exhaust videos of different cars and most of them under 100K do not sound nearly as good as the M3.
Fuel economy really isn't that bad.
Its not as scary of a car as I once thought it was, but that may be because I now know where to draw the line.
It does absolutely fine as a commuter car, I can't see how someone would buy this as a weekend toy (unless they mod it a lot) since it does the regular drive just as well as any regular car.
Downshifting with 4 or 5 bars sounds really cool.
Traction control has saved me more than once, I'm not allowed to drive with it off.
The car does not feel that sketchy in the passenger seat, and driving it fast through curvy roads makes it feel more special than it probably really is. I think that is due to a few things: the sounds of the car, the car isn't too fussy and doesn't tire you out or make you exhausted (two car puns). I feel like I can go hours in a fast drive with the M3 and not need to stop for a rest. I got to drive in a Alfa Romeo and have sat in various Porsches, and I feel like both those may be more exciting than the M3 in short bursts, but the M3 is better in the long run. Let me explain my thoughts on this, Alfa Romeo and the 911 are like fast action packed movies, that can be really exciting at times, but the M3 is just a genuinely good movie that has character development and is a joy throughout. Now of course you can make an M3 be really crazy, but I'm not that crazy of a driver so this is from the perspective of someone who does not go scary fast. Idk if any of that made sense.

In other news
I got the roof wrapped in gloss black:

I got surprised with a custom license plate (my nickname / my dogs name):

I installed those custom orange angel eyes by Lux, these look extremely cool at night with the white light on inside the orange ring:

And of course, one last pic of me to keep trolling your guys' internal struggle with a girl being interested in the M3:
Appreciate 4
      01-28-2016, 10:15 PM   #535
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Hi!

Oh please I'm the one teaching you!

Anyways,
For better or for worse I kind of got over the social aspect of the car scene, including both car forums and instagram. I do appreciate those who were kind and supportive of my interest in cars (not that its that special!).

After putting on about 10K miles on the car, I have some more thoughts on the M3.

The sound really is special. I am forced to listen to various exhaust videos of different cars and most of them under 100K do not sound nearly as good as the M3.
Fuel economy really isn't that bad.
Its not as scary of a car as I once thought it was, but that may be because I now know where to draw the line.
It does absolutely fine as a commuter car, I can't see how someone would buy this as a weekend toy (unless they mod it a lot) since it does the regular drive just as well as any regular car.
Downshifting with 4 or 5 bars sounds really cool.
Traction control has saved me more than once, I'm not allowed to drive with it off.
The car does not feel that sketchy in the passenger seat, and driving it fast through curvy roads makes it feel more special than it probably really is. I think that is due to a few things: the sounds of the car, the car isn't too fussy and doesn't tire you out or make you exhausted (two car puns). I feel like I can go hours in a fast drive with the M3 and not need to stop for a rest. I got to drive in a Alfa Romeo and have sat in various Porsches, and I feel like both those may be more exciting than the M3 in short bursts, but the M3 is better in the long run. Let me explain my thoughts on this, Alfa Romeo and the 911 are like fast action packed movies, that can be really exciting at times, but the M3 is just a genuinely good movie that has character development and is a joy throughout. Now of course you can make an M3 be really crazy, but I'm not that crazy of a driver so this is from the perspective of someone who does not go scary fast. Idk if any of that made sense.

In other news
I got the roof wrapped in gloss black:

I got surprised with a custom license plate (my nickname / my dogs name):

I installed those custom orange angel eyes by Lux, these look extremely cool at night with the white light on inside the orange ring:

And of course, one last pic of me to keep trolling your guys' internal struggle with a girl being interested in the M3:
Roof looks good, I'm glad you didn't go the matte route. It just makes the sunroof stick out more. Gloss blends the sunroof in nicely.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:08 PM   #536
yidgyi
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Car looks amazing.
      01-28-2016, 11:21 PM   #537
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

did you do the wrap yourself? I've thought about a gloss wrap for mine but I tried to do my mercedes c class myself and it didn't go so well. maybe I used cheap vinyl maybe I just suck at installing a wrap
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:53 PM   #538
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
[/URL]

Did you get a Euro bumper or did you shave the reflectors? No more orange reflectors!
Which plate did you keep on the car? Looks great with the gloss roof and sunroof like Amir said.

And that's an impressive supply of detailing gear.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2016, 11:54 PM   #539
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
I like the gloss - it looks really good. Orange has grown on me a bit too, seems more muted than before.
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 03:42 AM   #540
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

" I'm not allowed to drive with it off" (i.e. traction control). Manda, seems who owns what veto needs some negotiation here...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 07:11 AM   #541
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2007 VW Passat 2.0T  [0.00]
The black top looks amazing on a white car.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 10:47 PM   #542
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Roof looks good, I'm glad you didn't go the matte route. It just makes the sunroof stick out more. Gloss blends the sunroof in nicely.
Thank you! My whole goal was to blend it in. I was originally going to go with carbon fiber vinyl but was talked out of it. I'm glad I got the gloss black. I think any car I get in the future I will get a black roof wrap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yidgyi View Post
Car looks amazing.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
did you do the wrap yourself? I've thought about a gloss wrap for mine but I tried to do my mercedes c class myself and it didn't go so well. maybe I used cheap vinyl maybe I just suck at installing a wrap
No no, I paid to have it done. The guy wanted to leave the ski rack slot things and the radio antenna white. I ended up having to pay extra to have that antenna done and he covered over the roof rack rails without doing the pieces individually (as if they were not even there). You can't really tell unless you look close, then there is a slight indentation of it.
I also opti coated the roof as I do not want to risk putting any swirls in the vinyl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Did you get a Euro bumper or did you shave the reflectors? No more orange reflectors!
Which plate did you keep on the car? Looks great with the gloss roof and sunroof like Amir said.

And that's an impressive supply of detailing gear.
Haha I did not even notice that in the pics. RoshDawg takes the photos and edited them out. I kept the Mew 3 plate on obviously! I definitely went through a phase of ordering detailing stuff. I've since toned it down since there is no way I can use it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpriest View Post
I like the gloss - it looks really good. Orange has grown on me a bit too, seems more muted than before.
I was unsure on the orange ones, especially after I had the white ones from Lux. But they since grown on me a lot, and won't be running white ones again. Again the coolest thing is at night when the orange is around the white. I don't have any pics of that though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
" I'm not allowed to drive with it off" (i.e. traction control). Manda, seems who owns what veto needs some negotiation here...
Lol I'm building myself up to it. Practicing with loaner cars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk View Post
The black top looks amazing on a white car.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 02:16 AM   #543
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Oh my gosh, the black roof wrap and yellow angel eyes did a great job of reminding me of my white E92.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskaqfWH8

What vinyl material did you installer use? I found that 3M offers a gloss black that very near perfectly matches the factory gloss black trim offered on the carbon roof-equipped E92s, however it was very easily marred, routinely showing swirls and "spider webs" sometimes after only having looked at it!

Also, the special LED bulbs you picked up from LUX, are they brighter than the previous white offering? When speaking with them a year back they were upfront that the orange/yellow LEDs at the time weren't very bright...looks like your pieces are plenty bright. How do they compare to the white pieces you had previously?
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2016, 11:08 AM   #544
RoshDawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 / 991 / Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Oh my gosh, the black roof wrap and yellow angel eyes did a great job of reminding me of my white E92.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskaqfWH8

What vinyl material did you installer use? I found that 3M offers a gloss black that very near perfectly matches the factory gloss black trim offered on the carbon roof-equipped E92s, however it was very easily marred, routinely showing swirls and "spider webs" sometimes after only having looked at it!

Also, the special LED bulbs you picked up from LUX, are they brighter than the previous white offering? When speaking with them a year back they were upfront that the orange/yellow LEDs at the time weren't very bright...looks like your pieces are plenty bright. How do they compare to the white pieces you had previously?
Wow absolutely amazing job on that interior shot. One of the best I've seen. And I love the fade you did on the exterior shots. Was most of that natural or did you do a lot in LR or PS? I can't wait to ditch my Nikon for the 5D Mk IV when it comes out.

Last edited by RoshDawg; 01-31-2016 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 07:49 PM   #545
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Quote:
Wow absolutely amazing job on that interior shot. One of the best I've seen. And I love the fade you did on the exterior shots. Was most of that natural or did you do a lot in LR or PS? I can't wait to ditch my Nikon for the 5D Mk IV when it comes out.
Many thanks for the compliments--the images were all shot by a local photographer, Tyler Um (twinturbobmw) I commissioned his talents to capture the condition of the car for use in my sale listing. I'll forward to kind words his way

The RAW images came out quite clean--his album (the above link) shows some more stylizing including some dodging/burning, particularly in the rear three-quarter shot.

You can see some of his workflow in his youtube videos, he's recently venturing into that realm: twinturbobmw
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2016, 10:45 PM   #546
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Haha I did not even notice that in the pics. RoshDawg takes the photos and edited them out. I kept the Mew 3 plate on obviously! I definitely went through a phase of ordering detailing stuff. I've since toned it down since there is no way I can use it all.
Just get them shaved at:

https://www.fvbodyworks.com/index.php/
They did a couple other M3's and it's pretty cheap if you can bring the bumper in to them.

I had mine done at Jazz Autobody in Stanton. I think it was around $350-400 and they did the removal and install.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 04:22 AM   #547
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Well, I would like to apologize. Sorry for being a douche-nozzle. Please have a good day.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #548
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
I like that wrap!
      02-02-2016, 10:25 AM   #549
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Car looks good. Very tastefully modded. Enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #550
r8ders
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 95 E36 M3; e92 M3

Quote:
I think Nikon makes the best lenses out there. If you shoot a lot of video I would go with Canon but if you do mainly pictures I would say look at going w/ the Nikon new D5, the D4S, or even the D810
Appreciate 0