BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

08-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #485
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer View Post
I agree!

I was tired of seeing so many white lights (Caddy and Audi are the worst) that i went for the Piaa H8 2500K Plasma Ion Yellow's … wow … are these things bright!

It is next to impossible to demonstrate the colour and brightness as my camera goes loco!
No offense, but those are the most obnoxiously bright AE's I have seen, ever. Period. They literally make my eyes hurt just looking at the picture. Can you imagine driving down the road in front of your car at night? You would need You're basically blinding every other car on the road, and creating a safety hazard. Good job.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #486
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
I agree!

I was tired of seeing so many white lights (Caddy and Audi are the worst) that i went for the Piaa H8 2500K Plasma Ion Yellow's … wow … are these things bright!

It is next to impossible to demonstrate the colour and brightness as my camera goes loco!
Sweet Jesus take those things out.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #487
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minator View Post
Yo flake:

Why such a non believer if you read this thread you would know that Amanda is very knowledgeable about detailing... it's not rocket science you know you can go on autogeek forms and become an expert in a matter of hours it's just a process of trial and error and finding the products you like best...

Just because Amanda is pretty and blonde you have to be chauvinistic and assume she's not an enthusiast...

What is pretty and attractive anyhow we're all brainwashed by media... if Amanda had a different physical appearance and weighed 300 pounds.. you would not doubt her abilities as a detailer he would think she was some dike bitch that loves cars because she couldn't get a date.

Enough already let Amanda enjoy your car in quit doubting her.
I'm skeptical because if you've ever watched a detailer at work, it doesn't look that easy and pleasant. It is laborious work that requires a lot of elbow grease and yes it's not rocket science but it is an art that requires experience and I have seen "experts" do shoddy work.

The issue here is the promotion, Amanda didn't have to flaunt her beauty or sexually if she wanted to be taken seriously. If the point was about her work then wearing skimpy clothes detracted from the intent. This thread was her introduction and sort of like an interview or fist impression.....how does one make a professional and respectable first impression or dress for an interview....

How many comments in this thread are related to her appearance, because we're dirty dogs right, just animals, Amanda wore what any decent woman wears to work when detailing a car....not. I'm not saying she needs to be a butchy 300lbs lesbian in overalls to be taken seriously but she doesn't need to flaunt her sexuality to get attention. There's a couple girls on this forum, I have no idea what the hell Lups looks like, and as such I'm lead to believe she's here because she's a genuine participant a normal enthusiast just like the rest of us, no ass or tits involved, I have a lot of respect for that.

I could run a lemonade stand on a busy intersection with two girls in overalls with baggy flannel shirts in Chaco sandals and make decent money, run the same stand with two chicks in tiny American Eagle booty shorts, heels and bra tops and I'd sell out within the hour.

Regardless, this is all my opinion which I'm entitled to since this is posted in a public forum specifically to solicit a response, well that's mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #488
RoshDawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 / 991 / Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Classic thirst promotion, wanna sell something, anything...throw a girl in it. I mean what in the hell is GoDaddy.....but Danica Patrick is in it and like my wife says Hooters has good wings, but not thaat good.
I honestly didn't see any detailing or work, just a "model" with equipment/supplies and a car.

As for work, if I need a nice detail I'll go to an established and reputable shop, if this is one so be it and won't pay extra because there's a chick cleaning it, which in real life it's probably the poor bastard behind the camera, detail work takes years of experience to perfect.

Car looks good, girl looks good, quality work to be determined....nothing new here.
Ya, she's not selling anything nor does she or ever will detail a car for money. And sure we detail all our cars together, and as you can see the view, the guy behind the camera is far from being a poor bastard lol. I think I can speak on her behalf when I say neither of us really care if you don't approve of the quality of her detailing work. We do it for fun, and are involved on forums for even more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post

Amanda wore what any decent woman wears to work when detailing a car....not.
Hah! Way to set standards on what a decent woman should wear. After being with her for almost 10 years I know exactly how decent she is. Shes just awesome enough to wear what I request every time we wash a car, which believe it or not is often far more scandalous compared to her pics here!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #489
RoshDawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Can't believe so many guys are upset about pictures of an absolutely beautiful girl with a comp package m3! I have personally quite enjoyed the pictures, and would probably spend more time on the forum if there were more threads like this!

Regarding the cf spoiler and oem vs rep I actually have the oem on my m3 and a rep (Rd carbon) on my m235i. Also have oem mirror caps on m3 and same reps on m235i. I would say that the rep mirror caps are pretty much 100% as good as the oem,but there is definitely a difference in quality on the spoiler. I am not unhappy with the rep by any means, and for half price of oem it is great, but for this situation where you already have the oem mirror caps, m performance exhaust and other quality parts I would recommend spending the extra $$ for the oem spoiler!!
Guys, as if car payments, med school and current mods wasn't enough. Stop giving her new ideas on how to spend more money! Lol she won't stop bugging me about that damn spoiler.
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #490
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
Guys, as if car payments, med school and current mods wasn't enough. Stop giving her new ideas on how to spend more money! Lol she won't stop bugging me about that damn spoiler.
Bruh, that spoiler is a key contrast point. Must have 10/10 would recommend to friends.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #491
scrammer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Please note that the photo was taken at dusk ... and like i said my camera can't get it right.

They look great in person!

Current ///M: 2017 M3 Ultimate
Past ///M Cars: E92 M3 ZCP 'CDN LRP' … E85 Z4M-R ... E92 M3 ZCP Frozen ... E90 M3 ... E46 M3 Cab ... E46 M3 ZCP ... E46 M3

Last edited by scrammer; 08-28-2015 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #492
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Please note that the photo was taken at dusk ... and like i said my camera can't get it right.

I hope so, bro. They're just blobs of yellow in that pic haha.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 04:25 PM   #493
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
I was self-conscious about my car without the spoiler - felt naked. Now it's just perfect!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #494
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:

Do you happen to have the PIAA part number, i have looked with no results.
Thank You
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 12:57 AM   #495
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||||||||||
Quote:
I agree!

No offense, but those are the most obnoxiously bright AE's I have seen, ever. Period. They literally make my eyes hurt just looking at the picture. Can you imagine driving down the road in front of your car at night? You would need You're basically blinding every other car on the road, and creating a safety hazard. Good job.
is just the picture. the leds that everyone has even though it looks cheap are worse lol.
      08-29-2015, 12:59 AM   #496
scrammer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by essdb1 View Post
Do you happen to have the PIAA part number, i have looked with no results.
Thank You
You will love them and I checked with BMW Canada and they said no worries regarding warranty ...

Piaa Plasma Ion Yellow 2500k H8
Model no. - H-476E
Part no. - 18535
12V - 35W > 70W
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 01:00 AM   #497
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Can't believe so many guys are upset about pictures of an absolutely beautiful girl with a comp package m3! I have personally quite enjoyed the pictures, and would probably spend more time on the forum if there were more threads like this!

Regarding the cf spoiler and oem vs rep I actually have the oem on my m3 and a rep (Rd carbon) on my m235i. Also have oem mirror caps on m3 and same reps on m235i. I would say that the rep mirror caps are pretty much 100% as good as the oem,but there is definitely a difference in quality on the spoiler. I am not unhappy with the rep by any means, and for half price of oem it is great, but for this situation where you already have the oem mirror caps, m performance exhaust and other quality parts I would recommend spending the extra $$ for the oem spoiler!!
take the car to the track. then you'll feel the hole in your pocket. it's addictive.

it's one thing to mod it for fun. it's another thing remodding it properly then paying for track days wear items tires tires tires and more tires lol.
      08-29-2015, 01:25 AM   #498
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by essdb1
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Yellow PIAA angel eyes are the best. But I'm biased.

That's some nice detail work you did on there (I'm too lazy to do mine).

And then the outfits, you really work on the car in those outfits? Or was it a photoshoot?
Would you happen to have the PIAA part number.
Thanks in advance!
forgot the part number but search the forum here for a thread called yellow angel eyes or something like that. is in there.
      08-29-2015, 01:26 AM   #499
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer
Quote:

it's even hard for pros to capture it. these are actually more yellow in the photo than some other car with yellow film on his headlights. I'll try to get a better pic soon.
Attached Images

08-29-2015, 01:36 AM   #500
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer
Quote:

still hard to catch what it looks like in real life lol
Attached Images

08-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #501
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
You will love them and I checked with BMW Canada and they said no worries regarding warranty ...

Piaa Plasma Ion Yellow 2500k H8
Model no. - H-476E
Part no. - 18535
12V - 35W > 70W
Thank You Kind Sir!
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #502
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Last Activity: 11/16/2015

After all this thread caused, she dropped off the face of the earth. Oh well, bumping it up for old times sake.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #503
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I'd like to know how the Opticoat is holding up.
They just increased their price $100 last month.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 05:24 AM   #504
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Saw Manda on one of the detailing sites. Assumingly felt that gave more appropriate response and exchange. Fair enought.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #505
RoshDawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I think I'll chime in for her. We had some discussions and evidently she ended up not liking being part of forums. Apparently I pressured her into it? Kinda sucks bc I took a bunch more pics of her and the car. Perhaps I will post pics of just the car on her behalf, or pics of her and the car if she doesn't mind.

She got a roof wrap that someone on here advised and it looks great. Maybe she'll want to chime in on stuff like that.

As for the opti coat, we washed the car after the rain in so cal, which made the car truly dirty, with an electric pressure washer I bought her and we were both displeased with the results. Maybe I should've bought a more expensive unit, but still. We expected the dirt to fly off, and it certainly did not. Water beading also seems to have decreased noticeably, but perhaps that is a result of how often the car is washed or the topper products used that have worse beading properties. She also didn't do that stellar of a job with removing all scratches in the paint before applying, so I think one of us will remove it completely and either apply a different coating or just stick with waxes or sealants.

I use ammo products such as ammo skin on my 911 and use a gas pressure washer, I feel like I never even have to touch the car when washing. I also can fill in any swirls that may pop up, whereas she can't. In the beginning she had better beading but now I do. I haven't specifically asked her but I doubt she would go with opti coat again.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 03:33 AM   #506
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Sad that she was made to feel unwelcome here. That sucks. Car was a beaut.
Appreciate 0